Dom Howson is starting to say it how it really is

Carlos Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Dom Howson has produced a piece for the Sheffield Star this morning that seems to reflect how things are more than any other piece he's put together in the past (maybe taking note that Jon Newsome's style is one to be looking to in order to attract readers who respect pure honesty)

Here's a snapshot of what he is saying:

The team are not in a false position. They have been consistently inconsistent and are where they deserve to be.

If you had to select a shortlist right now for the player of the season award, there are only two genuine candidates; Barry Bannan and Gary Hooper. So many individuals have struggled to hit the heights they have produced in the two previous seasons.

It is true Wednesday have been on the wrong end of some awful refereeing decisions this season and a number of key players are sidelined by injuries. However, that can’t excuse a string of wretched performances.

This expensively-assembled squad packed full of big names and players boasting international pedigree ought to be able to rise above any problems and continue churning out results.

Their first half showing last Saturday against a woeful Hull City side was nothing short of embarrassing.

No shots on target (again).

No pace.

No creativity.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/dom-howson-s-sheffield-wednesday-column-owls-campaign-is-on-a-knife-edge-1-8897380

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no offence to dom howson but he's just another bloke with an opinion .......

... the same opinion as a large majority of fans who watch a lot of football. It’s just interesting that someone “neutral” has the same things to say, seeing as some posters on here get criticism for pointing out the same things and are told to support the manager and owner despite things not going well 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

... the same opinion as a large majority of fans who watch a lot of football. It’s just interesting that someone “neutral” has the same things to say, seeing as some posters on here get criticism for pointing out the same things and are told to support the manager and owner despite things not going well 

large majority of fans maybe but the not the supporters who go to games ....I've heard no carlos out chants .I've not heard any mass booing of the team . we all know thing's arnt what we'd like them to be but as howson said we've been on the wrong end of some terrible decisions and if we hadn't then threads like these wouldn't appear as we'd be in the top 6 .but we didn't get em and coupled with the style we play then it makes carlos fair game to cop some from the" experts".on the local rag 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why the need for the abuse?

He's just a bloke doing his job

Absolutely no need

that's not abuse that's my opinion of him like he gives his on carlos .........I don't know this bloke ,I never read anything he's wrote so he's made no mark on me ... 

The local journalists and expert summarisers ( ex players ) are generally the last to turn on a manger due to professional respect and etiquette, it seems that time is now here, Mr Chansiri's blind faith in Carlos is going to do him no favours with a fan base that are increasingly questioning his ability to run a football club .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's not abuse that's my opinion of him like he gives his on carlos .........I don't know this bloke ,I never read anything he's wrote so he's made no mark on me ... 

Would the fact you've never read any of Shakespeare's work make him a no mark in your eyes too ? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Would the fact you've never read any of Shakespeare's work make him a no mark in your eyes too ? 

I've read Shakespeare at school .......so no ......I've never read any Barbara Cartland so if you'd have named her then the answer would be yes she's made no mark on my life . 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no offence to dom howson but he's just another bloke with an opinion .......

Looks more factual than opinionated. The only opinionated bit is that he thinks Bannan or Hooper should be player of the season.

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I've read Shakespeare at school .......so no ......I've never read any Barbara Cartland so if you'd have named her then the answer would be yes she's made no mark on my life . 

I agree with that, she can't hold a candle to Jackie Collins .

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

As soon as anybody has anything slightly negative to say about the club unfortunately some on here that can only respond with abuse.

Exactly and I don't want it on Owlstalk

Have an opinion, have a say on footballing matters and give us your thoughts by all means

But I'm sick of people coming on here hurling personal abuse at other members or footballers or journalists.

Let's keep it classy and discuss the topics and not the people who are discussing the topics

Owlstalk Shop