Dom Howson is starting to say it how it really is

17 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Bet your missus has read a few volumes though eh Torrey ?

Sorry if I've spoiled any meals or drinks here thought I'd let the younger viewers see our Barbara in the pink.

You wouldn't would you?:ph34r:

(Steveger banned from replying to this post mods please)lol

b63d67c81567464a41604ea6d2dd8ee6.jpg

The smell of lavender and wee is coming through my computer!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, qantas said:

This is interesting to me....I've watched Wednesday since the sixties & every game I've watched us I've been emotional on some level, thing is though I never thought about it like that at the time, you go to games you feel what you feel & that's it....never a question in my mind about did I actually 'see' what happened, if anyone had asked me that question I'm guessing I'd have said something like 'of course, I was there'.

Now, since I've moved to Australia & specifically recently being able to watch full replays of the games, I'm questioning how much emotion plays a part in what people see...I watch our games, most often not live but maybe two or three days later, sometimes a week or so later, I just watched the Hull game this morning.....the thing I'm finding is that what I see in the games isn't matching what I thought I'd see after reading a lot of what I read on here, in short, I don't think we're as bad as what's being made out.

A bit more on how I watch games now, I was forced to watch a game a couple of seasons ago without sound & again it changed my perception of it, or at least I think it did, so much so that I always watch without sound now, sound portrays emotion be it from the commentary or from crowd noise....I do believe you see more clearly what's happening, maybe I don't but that's what I believe....in the end it's still just an opinion like anyone else but my thoughts are that Wednesday are almost there as a promotion outfit, I think we possibly could turn it around this season, we just need a bit more luck & a couple more players back & in form & we could do it.

Confuscious say ; "Never dull moment in life of Owlstalker , (cobber)". lol 

FFS

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

so you don't think " I hate the cxxt "   clueless, a clown and i'm sure various other names are abusive ...all that have been posted today 

I hate the c*** is just silly . When all’s said and done he’s just a man doing a job albeit badly . 

Calling him clueless isn’t exactly abuse more a light hearted dig which I think is perfectly fine . 

I respect your posts even if I don’t agree with them , you are at least a ‘clapper’ who can debate his point of view without the need to rant and abuse other posters. Some of the fellow Carlos backers should follow suit 

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Dom usually writes pretty crap

stuff, but you can't fault any of that. 

The fans are going / gone, ex players have been groaning, and now the local journalists. You rarely, if ever, come back from this. 

If he's still here next season, I'll sit in my seat naked (on a warm day). 

lol

On 08/12/2017 at 07:40, torryowl said:

that's not abuse that's my opinion of him like he gives his on carlos .........I don't know this bloke ,I never read anything he's wrote so he's made no mark on me ... 

i dont know dom howson,  could be my neighbour for all i know. he was right though

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

I hate the c*** is just silly . When all’s said and done he’s just a man doing a job albeit badly . 

Calling him clueless isn’t exactly abuse more a light hearted dig which I think is perfectly fine . 

I respect your posts even if I don’t agree with them , you are at least a ‘clapper’ who can debate his point of view without the need to rant and abuse other posters. Some of the fellow Carlos backers should follow suit 

well thanks for that and it's reciprocated,   in truth I don't mind getting the name calling coz it makes me realise the type of blokes i'm conversing with havnt the words to put across there point of view so resort to abuse ......it's no big deal it's forum that's open to all types some who debate a point well and some not but   rather that than some insipid one were we all nod in agreement on how good or bad we are .

20 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You say that like we have had a few home defeats already but we have only lost 1 at home, we all know which 1! It just feels worse than that because half of our home games have ended in draws and more often than not the football has been uninspiring. 

There can't be many teams with aspirations for promotion that have played all of the current bottom 7 in the division and have failed to beat any of them......

It is surprising we have only lost once but we have played poorly and like owlstalk says it feels worse, if we play and lose at home think that will be it have thought he would have been sacked if we had lost any of last 3 home games. The statistics which were produced earlier this week showed what a tall order it looks at the moment., with each dropped point from now on those statistics get much more difficult.