Dom Howson is starting to say it how it really is

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

maybe but i'm in a bolshie mood coz  my egg yolk broke while I was poaching it ......

Understandable.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I agree but last season it worked because we didn't make individual mistakes and kept clean sheets  this season we are so it's not .......if he doesn't cut out the errors then he's a dead man walking there's no doubt about that . 

Westwood was in superb form last year, just like in Carlos first, saving the day so many times, which meant we got away with more last year. Also Bannan was played on the wide more than through the centre and defencivly he's not very good, our cm of hutch and lee with his energy also helped combat this more. Jones isn't a bad screen, but I don't think he reads the danger as well as hutch and Lee as both of them played many years as defenders. 

30 minutes ago, ramone said:

I think what he's trying to say is he's no more qualified than any of us to give that viewpoint. In fact, he's probably less qualified given we all know more about the club than he does. He's just got a license to print drivel thats all... Anyone that takes a blind bit of notice of anything he, Chris Holt and Alan Biggs churn out need their heads looking at... 

He is more qualified than most on here. He sees every game, he speaks to the players, he speaks to the coaching staff and he will get to hear the various gossip from the people in the know. Which is the non playing staff. 

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

He is more qualified than most on here. He sees every game, he speaks to the players, he speaks to the coaching staff and he will get to hear the various gossip from the people in the know. Which is the non playing staff. 

I've forgotten more than he knows about SWFC

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So are you saying that you find what he says to be inaccurate and not true or that you're taking it personally because he's been critical of Carlos and the current form?

I've given you my take on the situation at present it's not a million miles from what he's saying ....i'd question though that that the current form is worthy of criticism .

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Westwood was in superb form last year, just like in Carlos first, saving the day so many times, which meant we got away with more last year. Also Bannan was played on the wide more than through the centre and defencivly he's not very good, our cm of hutch and lee with his energy also helped combat this more. Jones isn't a bad screen, but I don't think he reads the danger as well as hutch and Lee as both of them played many years as defenders. 

that's a fair summing up that I wouldn't argue against .....you lose your defensive lynchpin and your top scorer thru injury and your always going to be weaker . 

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'd question though that that the current form is worthy of criticism .

Being unbeaten is an achievement I grant you

However the current number of points we've gained from the games we've played is nowhere near enough to get promoted or in the playoffs.

So I think you saying that it's not worthy of criticism is slightly naive given the promises from the club that we are going to get promoted this season

Owlstalk Shop

47 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Where does he say he wants him sacked?

I don't want him sacked, I just want him to pull his fricking head out of his arse!! 

I think Carlos has had more than a fair crack of the whip. He couldn't get us over the line in the first year when we were firing why one earth would he be able to do it now. He's bottled nearly every important game we have been in

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

large majority of fans maybe but the not the supporters who go to games ....I've heard no carlos out chants .I've not heard any mass booing of the team . we all know thing's arnt what we'd like them to be but as howson said we've been on the wrong end of some terrible decisions and if we hadn't then threads like these wouldn't appear as we'd be in the top 6 .but we didn't get em and coupled with the style we play then it makes carlos fair game to cop some from the" experts".on the local rag 

Do you not go to games? There was Carlos out chants at Bolton - we all heard it and Radio Sheff/Praise and Grumble pointed it out - and there's been loud booing several times this season home and away.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

As he sees most games, it’s a fair reflection of how things are However, yes he seems in tune with the majority view, but he’s also fallen for the majority myth, that this squad should be doing better

My view pre season, was that I expected this squad to finish upper mid table We are currently within striking distance

Rangers should have been the wakeup call