Dom Howson is starting to say it how it really is

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Dom Howson has produced a piece for the Sheffield Star this morning that seems to reflect how things are more than any other piece he's put together in the past (maybe taking note that Jon Newsome's style is one to be looking to in order to attract readers who respect pure honesty)

Here's a snapshot of what he is saying:

The team are not in a false position. They have been consistently inconsistent and are where they deserve to be.

If you had to select a shortlist right now for the player of the season award, there are only two genuine candidates; Barry Bannan and Gary Hooper. So many individuals have struggled to hit the heights they have produced in the two previous seasons.

It is true Wednesday have been on the wrong end of some awful refereeing decisions this season and a number of key players are sidelined by injuries. However, that can’t excuse a string of wretched performances.

This expensively-assembled squad packed full of big names and players boasting international pedigree ought to be able to rise above any problems and continue churning out results.

Their first half showing last Saturday against a woeful Hull City side was nothing short of embarrassing.

No shots on target (again).

No pace.

No creativity.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/dom-howson-s-sheffield-wednesday-column-owls-campaign-is-on-a-knife-edge-1-8897380

Back to the topic

Is Dom Howson correct in what he's written/wrote here?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, owlsdreamer said:

Yep, the same opinion as the vast majority of Owls fans.

yeah fans being the operative word .....how can you possibly say that the majority of supporters think that way . has there been mass booing , as there been carlos out chants , sure we need to do better and turn the draws into some wins everyone knows that but some " respected " local journo giving is opinion doesn't mean the majority nod sagely an agree with him .

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly and I don't want it on Owlstalk

Have an opinion, have a say on footballing matters and give us your thoughts by all means

But I'm sick of people coming on here hurling personal abuse at other members or footballers or journalists.

Let's keep it classy and discuss the topics and not the people who are discussing the topics

Totally agree.

It's those pesky happy clapping bedwetters that do it though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

some local no mark journo who's done nothing in the game telling us nothing we don't know .as if he's some sort of expert .

some local no mark journo who's done nothing in the game telling us nothing we don't know .as if he's some sort of expert .

Harsh that mate.

As he sees most games, it’s a fair reflection of how things are However, yes he seems in tune with the majority view, but he’s also fallen for the majority myth, that this squad should be doing better

My view pre season, was that I expected this squad to finish upper mid table We are currently within striking distance

Anything that adds to the pressure on Carlos is fine by me.

He should not be allowed to coast through this, without being seriously questioned and receiving justifiable criticism, when what we are serving up is so bad at a time where fans are having to pay record prices.

How the chairman can be comfortable with and is allowing him to continue is beyond me.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have an opinion, have a say on footballing matters and give us your thoughts by all means

But I'm sick of people coming on here hurling personal abuse at other members or footballers or journalists.

Let's keep it classy and discuss the topics and not the people who are discussing the topics

you didn't mention head coaches is it ok for them to cop some ? 

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Never gonna happen,too many people go into meltdown when anyone dares to  criticise anything related to swfc

no offence to dom howson but he's just another bloke with an opinion .......

An opinion that is honest and truthful

Lets not forget that Dom Howsom has attended all of our games this season and probably sees other things that he feels shouldn't be published when around the training ground.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

If he thinks we are where we should be, we are probably not underachieving 

spot on, there's not a day goes by without quite a few members of the squad getting pelters for being crap . .... the team isn't a top 2 team but it's capable of a play off spot but for that to happen it needs an even percentage of luck with decisions and injuries  and that hasn't come our way so far . .....i'm sure that some think if we get a new manager that jones will be bursting through midfield like a latter day Duncan Edwards or Wallace will be  skinning full baks ala willie Henderson . maybe van aken will turn into the next des walker . 

I agree that Don Howson is just another bloke with an opinion.

But normally local media are normally quite tame with criticism of clubs as they need cooperation for many of there articles.
Wouldn't have wrote the piece lightly knowing it potentially would make his job harder dealing with the club.

I suppose I would back Don Howson though as I agree with every word.