Dom Howson is starting to say it how it really is

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's quite possibly the most obvious statement I've ever read

lol

I think what he's trying to say is he's no more qualified than any of us to give that viewpoint. In fact, he's probably less qualified given we all know more about the club than he does. He's just got a license to print drivel thats all... Anyone that takes a blind bit of notice of anything he, Chris Holt and Alan Biggs churn out need their heads looking at... 

Just now, ramone said:

I think what he's trying to say is he's no more qualified than any of us to give that viewpoint. In fact, he's probably less qualified given we all know more about the club than he does.  

That makes no sense

Surely a person who watches every minute of every single game and doesn't have any bias towards Sheffield Wednesday emotionally or from a fan perspective is better placed to give a realistic non-bias view of what's going on?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, ramone said:

I think what he's trying to say is he's no more qualified than any of us to give that viewpoint. In fact, he's probably less qualified given we all know more about the club than he does. He's just got a license to print drivel thats all... Anyone that takes a blind bit of notice of anything he, Chris Holt and Alan Biggs churn out need their heads looking at... 

well thank feck ,the cavalry's arrived 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Bet your missus has read a few volumes though eh Torrey ?

Sorry if I've spoiled any meals or drinks here thought I'd let the younger viewers see our Barbara in the pink.

You wouldn't would you?:ph34r:

(Steveger banned from replying to this post mods please)lol

b63d67c81567464a41604ea6d2dd8ee6.jpg

Well Hello gorgeous......:biggrin:  where did they dig you up ?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he would do he's a journalist but I bet he wouldn't know how to cut someone free with there car wrapped round them .......sorry I didn't realise I had to have English a level to post on here 

Bet he doesn't know how to Photoshop Megson's face on to famous propaganda photos either.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That makes no sense

Surely a person who watches every minute of every single game and doesn't have any bias towards Sheffield Wednesday emotionally or from a fan perspective is better placed to give a realistic non-bias view of what's going on?

he can give any view he likes biased or not .don't mean it's right or we have to agree with it ......this fan base is split we all know that those who are anti carlos will lap up what howson said those backing carlos probably wont .....if he feels pouring fuel on the fire will sell more newspapers then fair enough that's his job but that apart I don't see what good an article like that does . 

If you still believe he can get us up, then you rightly don't want him sacked.

If you no longer believe he can do it, then you rightly want him out.

But I don't understand those who say that he "deserves" until the end of the season. Why?

He's being handsomely paid to do a job.

If you didn't do your jobs properly would the boss say "Well I ought to fire you, but you're a nice bloke who did a good job in the past so I won't."?

You'd be down the road quicker than Evo eats his dinner.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That makes no sense

No need for the abuse Neil... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

he can give any view he likes biased or not .don't mean it's right or we have to agree with it ......this fan base is split we all know that those who are anti carlos will lap up what howson said those backing carlos probably wont .....if he feels pouring fuel on the fire will sell more newspapers then fair enough that's his job but that apart I don't see what good an article like that does . 

So are you saying that you find what he says to be inaccurate and not true or that you're taking it personally because he's been critical of Carlos and the current form?

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That makes no sense

Or he's getting paid to give his views? So he does. Doesn't make them right or wrong.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If you still believe he can get us up, then you rightly don't want him sacked.

If you no longer believe he can do it, then you rightly want him out.

But I don't understand those who say that he "deserves" until the end of the season. Why?

He's being handsomely paid to do a job.

If you didn't do your jobs properly would the boss say "Well I ought to fire you, but you're a nice bloke who did a good job in the past so I won't."?

You'd be down the road quicker than Evo eats his dinner.

I can only speak for myself and if things don't improve fairly sharpish then he should be gone ......I think he's capable of turning it round others have a different view .I suppose it depends what sort of boss you've got and to be fair those that want him gone they should be directing there anger chansiri's way as he's the only one who can pull the trigger  . a few chansiri out chants may well do the trick . good luck though to anyone starting one .

48 minutes ago, torryowl said:

your leading me here but i'll go along with it .......I thought last season they were very astute (not good to watch) ,the preference for keeping it tight worked as 4th place shows . this season it's not because we seem incapable of not giving stupid goals away . van aken has been culpable for more goals than the entire centre backs gave away all season last year  and he's far from the only one .when you cant keep a clean sheet down to individual errors then no matter what tactics you use your gonna struggle to win games ...chuck in that arguably the 2 best players have hardly kicked a ball and dare I say not getting the breaks from the refs  I can see why we are where we are . 

If your going to slowly and idly stroll the ball back and forth on the edge of your 18 yard box 80% of the game your inviting pressure and against a high tempo pressing team it means mistakes are made couple that with the fact that when your playing most of your football in your defending quarter of the pitch any small mistake is amplified as you've far less time or space to make a mends and are punished more often. These mistakes when your playing much higher up the pitch have less effect as you have time to get back and snuff out the danger. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

If your going to slowly and idly stroll the ball back and forth on the edge of your 18 yard box 80% of the game your inviting pressure and against a high tempo pressing team it means mistakes are made couple that with the fact that when your playing most of your football in your defending quarter of the pitch any small mistake is amplified as you've far less time or space to make a mends and are punished more often. These mistakes when your playing much higher up the pitch have less effect as you have time to get back and snuff out the danger. 

Very true

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That makes no sense

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Or he's getting paid to give his views? So he does. Doesn't make them right or wrong.

Good job Piers Morgan doesn't work for the Star then and isn't an Owl eh?

When asked what he has to do to turn it around carlos said (and I paraphrase)' we will keep doing what we have been doing.'  

That says it all about this manager. 

His approach will never change. 

It went stale last season and is getting progressively more rotten this. 

He really needs to f#@k off. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

I agree but last season it worked because we didn't make individual mistakes and kept clean sheets  this season we are so it's not .......if he doesn't cut out the errors then he's a dead man walking there's no doubt about that .