Jon Newsome : Carlos making "Repetitive and continuous excuses"

3 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Agree with the OP but think that Carlos is trying too hard to prove a point now and therefore is going to be too stubborn to change his tactics.

Hope I'm wrong UTO.

Carlos clearly believes his cautious approach has just been unlucky and we will turn the tide.

Hope he is right. I’m 99% certain he is wrong. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Not make what? He's currently playing professional football and getting paid a lot to do so, he's already made it imo.

To make himself in to a top footballer who wants to play at the highest level and win trophies. A lot of young footballers take the attitude that they've made it and whilst becoming extremely rich young men they drift out of the game not fulfilling their talent. Adam doesn't seem to fit that bracket and the perception for me is that he's got a very professional attitude. He may be skilful and light on his toes however IMO if he's constantly missing out on those 50/50's he'll not make it.......he'll still get well paid though I agree.   

There can be literally no excuse for the same performances every game. The lack of cohesion the lack of shots and the total lack of confidence is the managers job to sort out and he needs to change it.

I want him to succeed but the performances have been poor for a long time now and the results are not good enough.

Excuses don't cut it and fan patience has gone it's time for action.

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Well said, Jon. I think this sums up certainly MY feelings, and those of a large proportion of the fans.

I have always been one who has wanted , nay begged, for Wednesday to win, but I have also been one of the fans who was prepared to say 'Well, we played well, but were beaten by the better side.', and go home reasonably happy. Now  I find that I am often hoping for the Ref to blow the whistle and end the agony.

Have a facking go John 

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Spent a night with a lovely girl many  moons ago who used to date Jon. The following morning I made her a coffee in my swfc mug. On seeing the mug she said " I used to date a player called Jon Newsome" said he was a really nice bloke, had a body like a Greek god and had a reyt todger that would bring tears to her eyes.

The only tears I brought to her eyes were when I asked if she would lend me a fiver to put petrol in my car.

True story dat

Why can't I plus this again!

Brilliant! lol

9 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Can't be bothered pointing out all the errors of logic and commonsense. Its your opinion. Wrong, as luck evening out in a season.....try reading up about how to interpret stats rather than folklore. But your opinion is valid. I would argue with average luck we would be in playoffs. But you have an agenda. CC out. Good luck with that. I prefer yesterdays sensible post showing how at this club giving managers time has paid off. You want instant gratification. No patience. Supporters like you will never be happy to try and build something.

Which parts of it do you disagree with?

Owlstalk Shop

Carlos only has himself to blame

He's had the biggest purse of any Wednesday manager in history

After the play off final, everyone could see we needed a new centre half, a midfield beast, a winger with pace, and a 20 goal striker

Carlos eventually brought in a 20 goal striker 6 months too late, but then destroyed his confidence by leaving him on the bench, and whenever he did play him, he starved him of service

It's just excuse after excuse, and I for one, no longer listen to him, it's the same drivel from all his press conferences, he's blamed everything and everybody bar the weather

It's a shame, because I really thought he was the one

But the regular slow starts, the season that doesn't start til January, this is all down to the manager

I watched the Ipswich game the other week, their manager Dingle Mick has been there 5 years, in all that time he's spent 5 million

5 Milion in 5 years, Carlos has spent that a few times on a single player

Perhaps we should change our approach and employ a manager who can motivate his team, instead of one that throws money around like there's no tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Jon is spot on.

Except he should have emphasised very poor recruitment.

CC clearly didn't want Rhodes,  as one thing Jordan lacks is pace and we don't have a top target man nor pacy winger who can deliver.

He then has to spend nearly a year changing his game.

That's £8 million down the tube when DC should have signed a midfield nutter, fast right winger  and commanding stopper. 

Crazy.

What the f**k is Halifax on about. I can only [presume that he is refering to Reach. While not making excuses for Reach, in no part of his article does Newsome make reference to ANY of the current players, except to mention the difference Atdhe made on his introduction.  His comments regarded the general state of the game at Hillsborough, and was entirely accurate. To single out individuals is ridiculous. Almost all of the players can carry blame at sometime or another. As for questioning Newsome, he is paid to comment on soccer and his piece was entirely to the point.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

What the f**k is Halifax on about. I can only [presume that he is refering to Reach. While not making excuses for Reach, in no part of his article does Newsome make reference to ANY of the current players, except to mention the difference Atdhe made on his introduction.  His comments regarded the general state of the game at Hillsborough, and was entirely accurate. To single out individuals is ridiculous. Almost all of the players can carry blame at sometime or another. As for questioning Newsome, he is paid to comment on soccer and his piece was entirely to the point.

You are either thick as mince or have not read the thread in it's entirety. My reference to Reach (I initially didn't mention his name) was on the back of a comment from Fife Owl. Have another go at reading the thread and you'll see what I think about Jon's article.  

6 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Taking this in a different direction how many ex- pros do we really need in the media. This article is a perfect example. Jon has been paid good money for saying nothing we are not capable of seeing ourselves. He has actually just recycled what has already been said on several posts on here before, posted by the average man on the street. Keep up the hard work Jon.

He has developed enough expertise in a given field and is articulate enough that people are willing to pay him for his opinions.

Its better journalism than the usual 'illinformedtwittercunt27 says so and so' that increasingly fills the print media.