Jon Newsome : Carlos making "Repetitive and continuous excuses"

8 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Taking this in a different direction how many ex- pros do we really need in the media. This article is a perfect example. Jon has been paid good money for saying nothing we are not capable of seeing ourselves. He has actually just recycled what has already been said on several posts on here before, posted by the average man on the street. Keep up the hard work Jon.

The difference is he's saying what he and the fans are seeing every week whilst other journalists are watering their articles down so as not to rock the boat.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree with him. But it’s all getting a bit helpless.

The chairman won’t change it, the manager always thinks he is right and we will seemingly rattle around mid table unless something changes.

I think that remains to be seen. Poor performances don't seem to have much effect on DC, but we'll go one way or the other with these draws; we turn them to wins and we're stuck with CC, but we turn them to defeats and slip further down the league, then I have no doubts DC will sack him.

24 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Spent a night with a lovely girl many  moons ago who used to date Jon. The following morning I made her a coffee in my swfc mug. On seeing the mug she said " I used to date a player called Jon Newsome" said he was a really nice bloke, had a body like a Greek god and had a reyt todger that would bring tears to her eyes.

The only tears I brought to her eyes were when I asked if she would lend me a fiver to put petrol in my car.

True story dat

Hello John ....

45 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Taking this in a different direction how many ex- pros do we really need in the media. This article is a perfect example. Jon has been paid good money for saying nothing we are not capable of seeing ourselves. He has actually just recycled what has already been said on several posts on here before, posted by the average man on the street. Keep up the hard work Jon.

I doubt he is getting paid that much by the Star and I think its good to have a opinion on Wednesday of someone who been on the inside of professional football.

It was bang on.

Carlos is now walking towards the door.  Now that he has allowed the players to blame the crowd and the referee instead of correcting their abject first half apathy and unwillingness to go for 50:50 tackles when defending your own box at 2-1 : there’s no way back.

Edited by fife_owl
Grammar

Very good article it is nice not to read the same rehashed drivel you usually get from the Star, Jon Newsome an ex player now Journalist has hit the nail on the head with a lot of the points.

But for me what Megson said this week, about summed up the club, the ground looks tired and out of date they have updated bits but it is not the state of a Championship ground or premiership ground in waiting, we do not need to leave Hillsborough we need a chairman that spend any money on it other than a new pitch that Milan reduce his asking price for so that happened. Ground improvement does not affect FFP in any way and if we had a 39,000 stadium which was actually allowed 39,000 people in not the 31,000 that is current allowed on Safety ground then when the team is performing that's another 8,000 tickets or pints or pies at half time. That's more revenue for the club and help with FFP. But the fans cannot do anything about this is firmly for the chairman hence the reason in 3 years nothing has been done other than a lick of paint.

Thew other things Megson said is the only thing about the club that is Premiership clash is the fans who have supported the club through thick, thin, and thinner, who turn up in their thousand paying the highest cost in the league and top 5 in the country and support the club with most of their disposable income and basically get treated very very poorly by both the club and the manager as we are now the excuse for this short coming as a coach.

The club is in our blood but this constant treatment by both manager and club is wearing very thin, I this will come to a head in the coming months and there is going to only be one loser and that is not the fans or the chairman but the good name of Sheffield Wednesday football c;lub. 

1 hour ago, Lythamowl said:

could he do a job for us.....? :laugh:

Saw him on Eccy road on Sat, he's massive!

had a wee chat with him too & he didn't hold back, top bloke Newsome & is a very passionate owl

Edited by gypsyowl

8 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

unwillingness to go for 50:50 tackles when defending your own box at 2-1 

He dives in to make the tackle and we come away with 3 points, IMO that deserves a rocket and a spell on the bench. However that player in question appears to be bullet proof in the managers eyes.

2 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

He dives in to make the tackle and we come away with 3 points, IMO that deserves a rocket and a spell on the bench. However that player in question appears to be bullet proof in the managers eyes.

Absolutely - and the other players notice it.  Under Gray and in CCs first season, the players would have seen that game out putting their bodies on the line. He doesn’t need to go public, but it’s not the first time and won’t be the last unless the manager acts.

8 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

He consistently makes 50/50 balls/situations into 40/60. If he doesn’t address that part of his game he’ll not make it.....simple as that.

Not make what? He's currently playing professional football and getting paid a lot to do so, he's already made it imo.