Just watched Carlos' post match press conference again..

21 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Is that a bad thing tho?

I mean , if he is goin' batsh it crazy, it could work in our favour...He's tried all other variations ..So if he goes totally ape, maybe he'll attack everything!

It would be nice if it did, but highly unlikely losing the plot and blaming Aliens is constructive.

lol

39 minutes ago, alan48 said:

With or without Carlos ,the quality of the players we now have at our disposal  wont get us up , never mind the play-offs.We need a full scale clear out and start again . Realistically we now have to accept we are where we are and wait patiently for next season , next manager and next team.

Not sure about a full scale clearout. I accept we have too many players of similar style, and are lacking players with power and pace, but a couple of additions could work wonders, but not under Carlos. I'd like to seee how this lot perform under a different regime.

I like Carlos but it looks like this season is going down the pan. OK there's plenty of time left but we are losing touch and it doesn't seem like we know how to change things to win games consistently. Sadly something has got to change, if we can't change the playing staff we have got to get someone new in with new ideas. The team need an injection of urgency and belief that Carlos can't provide.

I wish you well for the future Carlos but it's time for you to go.

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Once you start having a pop at the fans your days are numbered. It's not very professional

Exactly, making an enemy of the people he needs to be visually and verbally behind him isn't the best move, as it will get noticed by his employer at matches and rightly so, i liked the guy but this is a mess of his own making sadly.

It really didn't have to end this way did it. 1-0 up against Huddersfield with 30 minutes to go. They were rattled and it just needed one of those blistering 15 minute spells and they'd have folded. Reading waiting in the final. But no, take off the goalscorer, sit back and defend. And here we are and it's all on you Carlos.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CEOwl said:

It's a shame our love affair with Carlos is ending this way...

Truly it is, he came across as a likeable nice guy who knew how to win in his first season, it looked like he was going to be the one to steer this one mighty and proud club back to the promised land, not "where we belong" as some people say, that's BS and deluded as no one has the right to belong anywhere in football, we have to work for it and be one of the best..and most importantly maintain that position as we are seeing how hard it is to get back as we well know.

Edited by steveger

2 hours ago, alan48 said:

With or without Carlos ,the quality of the players we now have at our disposal  wont get us up , never mind the play-offs.We need a full scale clear out and start again . Realistically we now have to accept we are where we are and wait patiently for next season , next manager and next team.

Not convinced about that - there is enough quality here but CC has clearly run out of ideas how to use the squad.

Its poorly conditioned and riddled with injuries due to lack to match play etc.

Get someone in who knows what thy are doing, implement a proper fitness regime and we can get up and out of this League.