Just watched Carlos' post match press conference again..

5 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

didnt he also say its not his job to watch the opposition and how the players play but its his teams job to do it and find a weakness.

Well the old addage still rings true,

failure to prepare is preparing to fail and he certainly proved that right then if what you say is true and I’ve no reason to doubt you...

I don't think DC will get rid of Carlos until the next of the season and it's a real shame it's ending as it is.

I would change manager now while we still have a small chance of getting into the playoffs. I think we need to galvanise the fan base so would give the job to someone until the end of the season who can do this.  

My option would be Bryan Laws until the end of the season, he did have us playing some nice football under very difficult circumstances, he seems like a good man manager type and may just get our players firing. I honestly don't think we have the type of players that someone like Gary Megson would get the bst out of. This would be a cheap option that can Be reviewed at the end of the season

I understand the call for Dean Smith, Brentford are great to watch, but they appear to have a system that they follow down there as they were also very good to watch under Warburton.

tfw Barry Bannan plays a forward ball that results in a shot on target.

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.57.09.jpg

tfw Loovens plays it to Lees, who plays it back to Loovens, who gives it back to Lees, who plays it to Westwood, who punts it up field for it to be cleared by the oppositions defence.

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 16.00.18.jpg

• Haha 1

Muffin Man I don't agree with your comments above, I think the fact that even though we are on a 7 match unbeaten run most fans are not taking a knee jerk reaction. Over the last 18 months I have seen a team progressively getting worse despite getting more players in, tactically outwitted most matches and poorly organised at the start of games. 

I have never resorted to insulting Carlos because I have too much respect for the man, but I feel it is time to move on and get a new manager.

What a mess we have become.

a one dimensional side, a manager who can’t accept responsibility and a chairman  who is relecuctant to change anything.

the club is crying out for some fresh ideas, I’m just not sure where they are going to come from.

2 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

It wasn't a penalty,  it CLEARLY hits Dawson's chest in the replays, and the ref stepped in to give us our first goal when the linesman called it for offside.

None of that flounce was warranted in the end.  No excuse.  Time to go.

Spot on. CC clearly isn't handling the pressure very well. Was embarrassing way he went off on Channel 5 even if it was handball but when proved to be wrong has turned himself into a laughing stock.

The whole was it or was it not a penalty is completely irrelevant and desperate deflection. 

The reason we dropped 2 points is because we couldn’t defend properly in the 95th minute of a game. It’s that simple. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The whole was it or was it not a penalty is completely irrelevant and desperate deflection. 

The reason we dropped 2 points is because we couldn’t defend properly in the 95th minute of a game. It’s that simple. 

Or we could have done something completely off the wall and tried to win the game from the start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muffinman said:

No, if a crucial decision goes against you, in a tight match it can be 90% of the issue. You can't blame CC for what he isn't responsible for. Its down to players too and the team behind CC. Fans need to remember that in the recent past a seven game unbeaten run would have been lauded to the skies.

Its a measure of how far we have come, under CC, that fans want more and more. 1 poor season, relatively out of three isn't regressive, if any of the hate mob understood stats and maths, such an assertion would impossible to make. Bit they keep saying the team is going backwards. Other teams have improved around us and we have been unlucky with some injuries. Of course the haters blame CC for that. First they beg for Rhodes...get him.....then Abdi.....get him. Etc etc etc. Of course they haven't accused CC of secretly injuring Abdi and Mathias,  Lee too, but its only a matter of time.

Don't you know everything is down to CC .....who gave us our best years in an age and DC who saved the club. But hey, if we get really lucky the club will subside  into a hate fest and we will end up owned by some nominee of a bunch of crooks. Then the haters will have their pure, unsullied by commonsense club back. Just ask yourselves, what would we think of another club that sacked a manager on a 7 match unbeaten run and look at all the other clubs having a challenging season.

One things successful clubs have behind them is really loyal supporters. Try going on other forums. None of them hate their managers like we do.        7 matches. 7 matches. Sack him after seven losses. Sack him when he deserves it. Bit let's wait till the fat Lady sings. It ain't over. But if the poison at the club gets worse it certainly will get sour.

Keep clapping Muffinman .. keep clapping .. :duntmatter:

it has been dogga under CC for months now. He should have gone after his lame excuse for a plan against Huddersfield at home ..

I appreciate expectations are high, but then when the results are there, consecutive play off finishes, and the chairman and managers chitter chatter at the beginning of the season, why wouldn't it be high?

We should be set up to attack the opposition from the off and put them under pressure instead of worrying about how we are going to cope with them and sh*tting our pants .. Bolton/Burton/Hull/Sunderland* (insert wee wee poor team) are a tough team, f*ck off, they are dogga and we should be putting them to the sword, not sitting back and letting them play a bit of football and get their confidence up.

Kill the game off. We should be attacking from minute 1, not after we concede 1 or 2 goals, or in the 2nd half, or with 30 minutes to go ..

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to go back to the football we played in the first season, swashbuckling buccaneer football surprised many and putting teams under pressure with high intensity pressure and fast measured counter attacking football. Now we've gone to this turgid, negative, tippy tappy pass the ball bullshavitz set up not to concede and its backfiring nearly every game ..

Only a mad man persists with something in the eventuality that it will change .. DC needs to spark that change now .. and put everyone involved out of this misery

Edited by Hack-Abusi
  • Like 1

He needs to just let them off the shackles. 

If you’re going out you might as well do so swinging. 

At the moment it’s just a sad, miserable decline. An awful season which shows little sign of improving. 

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

He needs to just let them off the shackles. 

If you’re going out you might as well do so swinging. 

At the moment it’s just a sad, miserable decline. An awful season which shows little sign of improving. 

If he does that then he’ll be admitting to himself and everybody that he’s been getting it wrong for 18 months. He’s way too stubborn to change 

Actually don't care for the level of abuse and name calling the guy is getting 

I actually still like the guy    I also think we've been unlucky with injuries and reffing over the first and  3rd year 

but I don't want to watch what he considers the way to play football it is not suited to this league I've had enough

It isn't our call, DC is making some people turn hostile towards him by not relieving him from the pressure he's now cracking under

I'm afraid it'll only get worse 

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

Actually don't care for the level of abuse and name calling the guy is getting 

I actually still like the guy    I also think we've been unlucky with injuries and reffing over the first and  3rd year 

but I don't want to watch what he considers the way to play football it is not suited to this league I've had enough

It isn't our call, DC is making some people turn hostile towards him by not relieving him from the pressure he's now cracking under

I'm afraid it'll only get worse 

Let’s be honest Steely old chap, if the worst thing you ever got called in your life was “Coco” you’d take it, I’m sure there are a lot worst things to call people..

lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

21 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Let’s be honest Steely old chap, if the worst thing you ever got called in your life was “Coco” you’d take it, I’m sure there are a lot worst things to call people..

lol

That’s true Not talking about that specifically seen far worse but it just isn’t necessary 

but that’s my opinion