Just watched Carlos' post match press conference again..

We will not get promoted until we add pace and power to the squad. In addition to this we need to get the players much fitter than what they are at the moment.  For these things to happen it is quite obvious to the majority of our fan base we need a new manager who is attack minded. 

The problem as we see it might be CC however ultimately is down to the Chairmans lack of football knowledge and his advisors. 

12 minutes ago, alan48 said:

How many of the current squad would you keep then Earl?

I’m completely with you Alan, very little pace and physicality, we are nowhere near as good as some fans think we are. We are a top 6 squad at most. That’s what we’ve achieved in the last two seasons, and we only added Boyd, Van Aken and Butterfield. Have they improved us?? Players are now older and the squad needs freshening up. I think it’s very naive to say it’s all Carlos, the pace, physicality and lack of quality CBs and a striker other than Hooper who can score regularly will still be issues. No manager would get this squad top 2.

Think some decisions by officials have gone against us this seasons.

But from what I have seen this season and heard from games not been to 12th is exactly where we deserve to be.

Moaning about refs is grating on me now. CC not handling pressure at all well and think only reason not walked by now is so he can get a pay off.

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Pay my money so my entitlement to rate or slate. Tbf you have been moaning a lot too recently 

Yeah...but when you're calling for the manager's head at half time against Bristol City (home) last season (and then changing it when we managed to turn it around) it's quite hard to take you all that seriously. 

But you pay your money and so on. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah...but when you're calling for the manager's head at half time against Bristol City (home) last season (and then changing it when we managed to turn it around) it's quite hard to take you all that seriously. 

But you pay your money and so on. 

I challenge anyone to give one valid reason for Carlos to keep his job.  

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I challenge anyone to give one valid reason for Carlos to keep his job.  

Not saying he should keep his job. 

Just point out that "Tinks" and fair few others will be calling for his replacements head once he loses one or two. 

He needs to go in any event. 

That press conference (and the other one that was for Channel 5) just showed a man under huge pressure who needs to be relieved of his duties. 

Lots and lots of excuses, but no sign that anything will change. 

Got to believe that confidence is rock bottom within the squad right now. 

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Why not Warnock who has proved himself in this league and doing it again. Yes he is a so and so but knows how to get out this league. 

Why would Warnock jump ship from 2nd place Cardiff to manage his most hated rivals who currently reside in mid-table? 

Have you got any other suggestions? 

What about Pep? 

4 minutes ago, Beanie Rook said:

I can't think of anyone we could realistically get who'd be better. 

Read this article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23724517

Just read it mate but it's all hypothetical. We have good players that should be used better but Carlos is stuck in his ways and won't budge an inch. I honestly don't see him getting the best out of the lads we have , so it's goodbye from me.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.55.35.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.53.25.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.53.54.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.54.17.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.54.33.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.54.54.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.55.06.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.55.57.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.56.07.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.56.17.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.57.09.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.57.22.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.58.39.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.59.08.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 15.59.57.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 16.00.18.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 16.00.25.jpg

As far as Sheffield Wednesday post match press conferences go that was certainly Carlos' all time most animated. He was displaying a very high level of crazy passion, anger, frustration and a little bit of 'lost' mixed in.

It struck me during this press conference that he is regularly coming away from poor results blaming one refereeing incident that he believes went against us. Sometimes he is correct, sometimes he is incorrect. Either way there's a real victim culture here when it comes to this point and that's never a healthy stance to take.

But the most important overriding thing for me is that he clearly believes that had these refereeing decisions gone our way that we would have won the games, and that this has been the deciding factor for our season.

There's absolutely no admittance that we start games poorly from Carlos. None at all. No mention of it other than to brush it aside, only for the team to come out slowly again for the next game.

The head coach is setting up every game with the same negative approach to try and frustrate the opposition in the first half by possession football and then to try and sneak a goal and win 1-0.

To me this is utterly bonkers. All season we've struggled, players look devoid of confidence and every match we lose or draw these days with Carlos blaming the refereeing as the sole and only reason we're not top of the league.

I know it's been said before (many many times before) but watching this press conference again definitely hits it home just how Carlos has total unshakeable belief that his tactics, training and setup aren't any issue at all.

It well be that the referee decisions have gone against us but by god that's like 1% of the overall issues  isn't it?

I get the impression he can’t be ar$ed to properly check out our opposites so sends out any team he thinks keeps the fans “onside”, then at half time once he’s actually seen the opposites he tries to react...

I can’t get past his interview prior to THE derby when he said “we know Sheffield United very well, we know what we have to do”...

like hell he did..