Carlos Out

1 minute ago, saf said:

A lot of folk seem to have forgotten that villa played last night. We are 6 points off the play offs now. Saturday is 'must win' if we are to stay in touch. Could be 9 off them by the next game...

Yeah fair

We'll be fine though - I can feel it

Changing the manager when we've got a good one is nonsensical IMO

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have a neutral stance on this issue

Although I think those who are still bleating for Carlos to go need to give him till the New Year (at which point we'll be flying high)

I back Carlos 100%. He's the right guy and the right kind of person we should have as our manager

Although I remain neutral on the issue of course for reasons of balance on the site

Only playing mate lol

Right now, at this minute in time for me, he's taken us as far as he can .. (prove me wrong CC!)

I won't actively call for his sack him or boo him. Only boo the officials! But its painful watching us throw games away against guff teams or really toil against teams this season ... we knew what we needed after the Hull final and in 3 windows we haven't rectified that due to what could be several factors, managers stubbornness, ineffective transfer committee/recommendations and poor tactics and subs ..

nowt else we can do about it though apart from moan on here  ..Chansiri sticking with him 

56 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

57 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Have him in the team based on what?

Is his hold up play and aerial ability as good as Fletchers?

Is his goals record and box movment as good as Rhodes?

based on the fact that he's scored 17 goals since the start of the 16/17 season

Fletch & Hooper is our least mobile front 2 we've ever had, not for me

Rhodes goal record you are referring to isn't based on current form is it? Tuesday was his 1st goal in 22 league games or whatever it was

it makes sense to play in form strikers & winnall is that, shouldn't have loaned him out, he should be in our team

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

based on the fact that he's scored 17 goals since the start of the 16/17 season

Last season then?

Fletch & Hooper is our least mobile front 2 we've ever had, not for me

Colin West and David Reeves?

Kim Olson and Adam Proudlock?

Rhodes goal record you are referring to isn't based on current form is it? Tuesday was his 1st goal in 22 league games or whatever it was

Well yes, tuesday is about as current a form as you can get seeing it was his last game.

it makes sense to play in form strikers & winnall is that, shouldn't have loaned him out, he should be in our team

Based on the form he was in during the 16/17 season?

Most of them not for Sheffield Wednesday?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I didn't want to be accused of being knee jerk after the Villa match.

"Where were these threads after the Millwall match?"

"Calling for Carlos to be sacked just because we've lost away at the best team

in the league is stupid".

"How can it be the fault of Carlos that we missed chances and then did silly defensive mistakes to lose 3-0?"

Well I am calling for Carlos to be sacked because over a sustained performance you can see we are going backwards not forwards.

You can see we are getting worse not better.

He has failed to get the best out of our best player.

His man-management if certain players has been rubbish.

Tactically, he has shown the flexibility of a wooden ruler.

It looks highly unlikely that we will even challenge the top 6 this season when we should be.

Carlos out!

Amen  brother 

2 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Spot on imo.

Personally watching SW very closely on a number of occasions he failed to look as good a player by some way as we'd already got.  His close control was poor, he couldn't play the quick one twos and wall passes that Hooper and Fletch and Nando could the ball bounced off him in tight situations etc etc. But he was full of enthusiasm.

Like many players they seem to assume some sort of higher ability when out of sight and I believe this is the case with Winall who was warming our bench or not even on it which is what's happened at Derby he's hardly feature but now having come off the bench a couple of weeks ago and scored and started and scored two last weekend he's a top striker...he's not.

Youre right Snooty we'll make a profit in him which is a notch up with what will happen with the vast majority of our squad of 'getting older' players. Wouldn't swap SW for any of our strikers but Nuhiu.

All opinions but there we are. 

The ironic thing for me was (considering their spat) that Winall and FF seemed to instantly click as a partnership, I could be wrong but I think it was the League game against Hudds when Winall came on as a sub. His eagerness and work rate (giving us a different option to all our other forwards) seemed to create space for FF to exploit..Can't recall us ever trying them two together again.

45 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Last season then?

Colin West and David Reeves?

Kim Olson and Adam Proudlock?

Well yes, tuesday is about as current a form as you can get seeing it was his last game.

Based on the form he was in during the 16/17 season?

Most of them not for Sheffield Wednesday?

dear me

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I would suggest that would be Forestieri and he should have been deployed on the left of a front 3.

The same Forestieri that is frequently deployed on the left, but who by all accounts does not want to play on the left at all, and is prone to the occasionally hissy fit?

2 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

if he keeps scoring at Derby then it will be alot more than 2m. 

But we could also LOSE lots of wonga on him if his goals eventually relegate us to a 7th place finish! :duntmatter: Not saying it will happen but if he wasn't loaned to Derby it 100% couldn't happen. Seems like he's a confidence player and CC destroyed his confidence. Will be interesting/potentially painful to see if he goes on a goalscoring run now. 

7 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

The same Forestieri that is frequently deployed on the left, but who by all accounts does not want to play on the left at all, and is prone to the occasionally hissy fit?

That's the guy!

4 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

The expectation has come from the club. When the chairman and the manager say we are going up, do you expect the fans to say "nah, I'm not buying it". People are paying premier league prices as well. 

If you go go to an expensive restaurant you expect it to be better than a chip shop.

True. I've said as much elsewhere in this thread.

6 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Oh good another Carlos out thread !!!! Yawn :carlos:

They can't help it.

They're still gutted from Tuesday's win.  Trying to get themselves geared up for, and keeping all their fingers crossed for a loss for us on Saturday just makes them anxious

19 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

They can't help it.

They're still gutted from Tuesday's win.  Trying to get themselves geared up for, and keeping all their fingers crossed for a loss for us on Saturday just makes them anxious

What absolutely astounds me is the so called 'supporters' who actively call for fans to either boycott games, or if in attendance shout the whole game for the managers head.!!! It beggars belief, made even more appalling by the desire to have us lose a game so they can crow from the rooftops even more, citing their knowledge of football, tactics and team dynamics.

I understand the frustrations of some elements of the fanbase, but to suggest the above courses of action shows a distinct lack of dignity, and dare I say it class.

Can't recall hearing a single boo or shout of Carlos Out on Tuesday, and I would be amazed, if amongst the 23000 crowd there were not some supporters who are not happy with the team and Carlos, but they still turned up and supported.

Too many people are convinced we are doomed and will not achieve anything this year. To them, all I will say is that this league is a 9 month grind. There will be a lot of ups and downs, but as a group of players and supporters, sticking together can bring about a good turn of fortune. 

Those disgruntled or disgusted at this moment in time, well I believe you are going to be proved wrong.

10 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

We will probably be saying the same things that was said after the Leeds game, but look what happened then.

Only way he's going to win me around is if by the turn of the year performances have dramatically improved and we get close to top 2. 

We ain't getting anywhere near top two and never have under Carlos. Best chance was away at Brighton last season but like most of the big games we choked. Our best chance this season is to aim for 6th place but our defence looks very fragile whereas last two seasons the clean sheets have been the foundation for our success.