Carlos Out

I don't really understand any of these comments, it really is black or white and the situation is really straight forward.

Our Chairmans got a very good working relationship with his manager and doesn't want to sack him, but he also knows that SWFC need to be in the Premier League for many and obvious reasons. Mr Chansiri if giving the manager he likes time to get it right, if CC doesn't get it right soon the owner will need to act, he knows that, he's a clever man and he also knows the season doesn't end in November.

If results and league position don't start improving our owner will sack the manager and he will do so with a heavy heart. They have worked together for 2 and half years, clearly there is a bit of loyalty, respect and maybe friendship between them and it's refreshing to see a bit of humanity left in football.

Personally my opinion is CC is struggling to react to the Championship with the squad he's built. He may have found a way (took too long) of playing that could see us promoted but he's not got the players in the squad to play it effectively enough to pick up enough points. CC may have explained this to his chairman and the chairman is happy to give the manager another transfer window to put it right.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I don't really understand any of these comments, it really is black or white and the situation is really straight forward.

Our Chairmans got a very good working relationship with his manager and doesn't want to sack him, but he also knows that SWFC need to be in the Premier League for many and obvious reasons. Mr Chansiri if giving the manager he likes time to get it right, if CC doesn't get it right soon the owner will need to act, he knows that, he's a clever man and he also knows the season doesn't end in November.

If results and league position don't start improving our owner will sack the manager and he will do so with a heavy heart. They have worked together for 2 and half years, clearly there is a bit of loyalty, respect and maybe friendship between them and it's refreshing to see a bit of humanity left in football.

Personally my opinion is CC is struggling to react to the Championship with the squad he's built. He may have found a way (took too long) of playing that could see us promoted but he's not got the players in the squad to play it effectively enough to pick up enough points. CC may have explained this to his chairman and the chairman is happy to give the manager another transfer window to put it right.

Or DC is going to sell up to Bill Gates who will appoint Frank Lampard and buy him a helicopter.

5 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

I think CC will be here until the end of the season and if we miss the play-offs he'll walk. If we make the play-offs and fail again I think he'll be pushed.

I reckon he'll only manage us next season in the Prem. But will be here all this season. 

Yes, terrible thought though it is, I agree.

We're saddled.

17 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I didn't want to be accused of being knee jerk after the Villa match.

"Where were these threads after the Millwall match?"

"Calling for Carlos to be sacked just because we've lost away at the best team

in the league is stupid".

"How can it be the fault of Carlos that we missed chances and then did silly defensive mistakes to lose 3-0?"

Well I am calling for Carlos to be sacked because over a sustained performance you can see we are going backwards not forwards.

You can see we are getting worse not better.

He has failed to get the best out of our best player.

His man-management if certain players has been rubbish.

Tactically, he has shown the flexibility of a wooden ruler.

It looks highly unlikely that we will even challenge the top 6 this season when we should be.

Carlos out!

What is the point of yet another thread???

He's staying, suck it up and get behind the team 

CC should have gone after Huddersfield. He could have left with a positive notion of his time here, albeit tainted by our performances against Huddersfield over two legs. DC could have then got a new team in for a fresh approach and challenge this season. 

By failing to act, DC has effectively wasted a season. I fully expect CC and his crew to see out this season no what matter. I don't blame CC, I just don't think he is anywhere near tactically astute enough to get a side out of this league. The first season him, us, and the players rode on the wave of optimism and we just missed out. Last season the signs were there that it wasn't to be, this season it has been magnified even further by his inadequacies. 

DC should not have allowed this season to happen.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, terrible thought though it is, I agree.

We're saddled.

Oh no.

We're saddled with the only manager in twenty years to flipping do anything for Sheffield Wednesday and have us playing for promotion

The horror.

• Like 1

I don't understand how we can suddenly feel so entitled all of a sudden. Its like fans seem to forget what it was like before Chansiri, where we'd celebrate a 91st minute draw at Watford to stop them winning the title when our season was already well over. At least now we actually have some hope for our team that its going in the direction. Rome wasn't built in a day after all.

The way the table is this season also really hasn't done CC any favours. If you'd have told me at the start of the season that we'd have a top 4 of Wolves, Cardiff, the Pigs and Bristol City I'd have laughed in your face. And us, Reading and Fulham all being in the bottom half of the table. 

I don't think the issue is just with us, its a league where anybody can beat anybody and we're seeing that first-hand.

Its certainly going to be an interesting season! 

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Oh no.

We're saddled with the only manager in twenty years to flipping do anything for Sheffield Wednesday and have us playing for promotion

The horror.

Yes...

I think the fact that he's had more money to spend than the previous ten managers put together might just have played some part in it too.

4 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Frank insists he is serious about being a manager.

If he is, I'd suggest he realises the PL is unrealistic for a first appointment and he would therefore take one of the bigger Championship clubs extremely seriously.

I doubt he'd do worse than 13th with this squad.

Well he'd need to do better than 6th to beat Carlos...

The majority of performances  have been woeful since the Hull game.

Painful viewing, with the odd glimmer of hope 

It's like Charlie outside Willy Wonkas chocolate factory not being allowed in and having a small bit of chocolate thrown through the gate once in a while for hope..... Meanwhile, chocolate prices get higher and the wrappers still don't have stripes. lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Oh no.

The horror.

30m to progress 6 places and never ever look like getting promoted.

Truth is he should have walked after the Huddersfield game, we missed a MASSIVE chance which we will rue when we fail in the play offs again this year.

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Truth is he should have walked after the Huddersfield game, we missed a MASSIVE chance which we will rue when we fail in the play offs again this year.

If it's that easy to play for promotion, how come the Wednesday have been slugging it out in the Championship and League One and have never even threatened the top of the table?

If it comes down to money, how come clubs that had Premier League money and parachute payments like Norwich, QPR, et al are still in the Championship?

After all, you lot seem to be telling us that Carlos is absolute rubbish, so it seems like it must be easy.  How come clubs with even more money than us find it so difficult to break out of this league?

How come the rest of the shmucks you've backed as manager have never amounted to anything?

Yet your ilk will never miss an opportunity to bash the one coach that's done anything with an Owls badge in a generation...

Schrodinger's Manager: A bunch of internet nobody's all claim he's garbage, yet he's statistically among the best we've had, and the most successful coach in twenty years getting us to successive playoff campaigns.

Could it be that the internet nobody's don't have a clue?

Edited by Indoor Owl

Carlos isn't absolute rubbish; I, for one, have never said that.

It's that managers have a shelf life. If you lose two play-offs successively then unless you can change the playing staff significantly you have to change the coach.

Carlos has had as much to spend as the previous ten managers combined.

Didn't Burnley, Hull and Newcastle all get promoted?

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Boring