Carlos Out

I didn't want to be accused of being knee jerk after the Villa match.

"Where were these threads after the Millwall match?"

"Calling for Carlos to be sacked just because we've lost away at the best team

in the league is stupid".

"How can it be the fault of Carlos that we missed chances and then did silly defensive mistakes to lose 3-0?"

Well I am calling for Carlos to be sacked because over a sustained performance you can see we are going backwards not forwards.

You can see we are getting worse not better.

He has failed to get the best out of our best player.

His man-management if certain players has been rubbish.

Tactically, he has shown the flexibility of a wooden ruler.

It looks highly unlikely that we will even challenge the top 6 this season when we should be.

Carlos out!

6 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

And if we win at Villa......??

We will probably be saying the same things that was said after the Leeds game, but look what happened then.

Only way he's going to win me around is if by the turn of the year performances have dramatically improved and we get close to top 2. 

People shouldn’t have to start a thread after every game. It only seems to be the Carlos supporters who have an issue with this and they turn into delia smith and ask “where are you?” Whenever we get a positive result, which has happened twice in our last 8 games.

If we go on a run of winning games then maybe some supporters will be quieten about asking for Carlos to be replaced, funny that. Rocket science it ain’t 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I didn't want to be accused of being knee jerk after the Villa match.

"Where were these threads after the Millwall match?"

"Calling for Carlos to be sacked just because we've lost away at the best team

in the league is stupid".

"How can it be the fault of Carlos that we missed chances and then did silly defensive mistakes to lose 3-0?"

Well I am calling for Carlos to be sacked because over a sustained performance you can see we are going backwards not forwards.

You can see we are getting worse not better.

He has failed to get the best out of our best player.

His man-management if certain players has been rubbish.

Tactically, he has shown the flexibility of a wooden ruler.

It looks highly unlikely that we will even challenge the top 6 this season when we should be.

Carlos out!

who's this best player he hasn't got the best out of ?

I think the best way of answering that is to compare these players' performances here, with how they played for visiting teams to Hillsborough.

Most of them played blinders for our opponents, and we were sick of the sight of Rhodes and FF.

I mean, Abdi is unfit at present, fair enough, but even when he did play for us he bore no resemblance to the player who destroyed us when playing for the Hornets, for example.

Edited by Athelwulf
spelling, as usual

Maybe he's beginning to realise his mistakes and change things a little and maybe be less stubborn and rigid , I clearly hope so. 

For me needs to prove this and back it up with a long run of good results, if Carlos can get us back in touching distance of top 2 by January I'll be back on the fence, maybe not on carlos in but at least sat there trying to avoid splinters in my backside. lol

34 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

People shouldn’t have to start a thread after every game. It only seems to be the Carlos supporters who have an issue with this and they turn into delia smith and ask “where are you?” Whenever we get a positive result, which has happened twice in our last 8 games.

If we go on a run of winning games then maybe some supporters will be quieten about asking for Carlos to be replaced, funny that. Rocket science it ain’t 

Agree with this, personally I don’t feel Carlos is the man to get us promoted from this league and an (unlikely) win at Villa won’t change that opinion yet.

Last season we won at Newcastle (and did the double over the champions) yet we failed to get promotion when we only had to beat Huddersfield and Reading.  It won’t ever come easier than that, and I believe our team last season played better than it is this season. 

I really hope we can win on Saturday but It will take a while before I think we have the right manager for the job 

• Like 1

I hope we can keep within 6 points of the play offs by January, and then bring in two or three players that will improve our combativeness, tempo and pace. If we can, with the nucleolus of good players we already have, we could get in the play offs by May.

If this happens and if we have improved in the above key areas, we will definitely have a chance of promotion. If not, it will be CC's last season with us and I hope we would have lined a replacement up by the end of the season.

36 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Then I will still want him out.

if we win the next three, I'll still want him out.

Nothing happened at Millwall to change my mind.

Another painfully slow boring performance. 

But winning 4 from 4 would see us around 7th.

Agreed though Carlos has to go or employ a good attacking coach; with a free rein.

Guest Bagarri
2 minutes ago, Animis said:

I hope we can keep within 6 points of the play offs by January, and then bring in two or three players that will improve our combativeness, tempo and pace. If we can, with the nucleolus of good players we already have, we could get in the play offs by May.

If this happens and if we have improved in the above key areas, we will definitely have a chance of promotion. If not, it will be CC's last season with us and I hope we would have lined a replacement up by the end of the season.

I wouldn't rely on our recruitment policy to save the day either.

Just now, Animis said:

I wouldn't bank on the clown who does our recruitment to do that .........

1 minute ago, Bagarri said:

I wouldn't rely on our recruitment policy to save the day either.

Just now, torryowl said:

Sometimes you've just got to have faith - we have to get it right eventually :manager:

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Nothing happened at Millwall to change my mind.

Another painfully slow boring performance. 

But winning 4 from 4 would see us around 7th.

Agreed though Carlos has to go or employ a good attacking coach; with a free rein.

you'd best hope he goes then coz there's zero chance he'd give free rein to another coach ....

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Well I would suggest that our recruitment team / leader is who we need to improve on. Our first DC summer was great. The second one less so. And the third allowed other teams to catch up.