Carlos Out

I like Carlos, I really wanted him to get us there and become a true legend like Big Ron but when you look over a sustained period of time and then compare that to what other managers have done for other clubs it looks inevitable he will have to go. The atmosphere on Tuesday night was awful and after people looked liked we lost. It's sad but it's now give him more time, then he stubbornly goes back to his tactics that don't work or give someone else a go. The pigs show you don't need great players to get up there it's team work and spirit and management of your team and players individually. (Not that I think they will stay so high) thank flip. Oursquad with the right manager should be above them. (Sorry Carlos)

Edited by ashley8

13 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I didn't want to be accused of being knee jerk after the Villa match.

"Where were these threads after the Millwall match?"

"Calling for Carlos to be sacked just because we've lost away at the best team

in the league is stupid".

"How can it be the fault of Carlos that we missed chances and then did silly defensive mistakes to lose 3-0?"

Well I am calling for Carlos to be sacked because over a sustained performance you can see we are going backwards not forwards.

You can see we are getting worse not better.

He has failed to get the best out of our best player.

His man-management if certain players has been rubbish.

Tactically, he has shown the flexibility of a wooden ruler.

It looks highly unlikely that we will even challenge the top 6 this season when we should be.

Carlos out!

Steve Bruce found his Achilles heel in the Playoff final.  Most likely Villa will bury Wednesday on Saturday.  Carlos has to go.

I'm just glad that the OP got the attention he was craving. 

It was really good to know that a bloke - who has wanted the manager out for several months - still wants the manager out. 

Very enlightening. 

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm just glad that the OP got the attention he was craving. 

It was really good to know that a bloke - who has wanted the manager out for several months - still wants the manager out. 

Very enlightening. 

I too am glad that my anonymous pseudonym has got this much attention.

I am also pleased to note that a woman -who has shot down anybody wanting Carlos out for several months - still pours scorn on those wanting him out.

Very enlightening.

43 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I too am glad that my anonymous pseudonym has got this much attention.

I am also pleased to note that a woman -who has shot down anybody wanting Carlos out for several months - still pours scorn on those wanting him out.

Very enlightening.

An insightful thread.

Who would you have to replace him and while we're at it the chairman too?

My best boss I ever had once said to me, "Don't come banging on my door with problems if you can't suggest a possible solution."

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

An insightful thread.

Who would you have to replace him and while we're at it the chairman too?

My best boss I ever had once said to me, "Don't come banging on my door with problems if you can't suggest a possible solution."

I don't think replacing the Chairman is realistic.

He'll demand £250m.

Upfront.

No payment terms.

And still refuse to do up the toilets.

Then after it's agreed and signed - renege on the contract.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I don't think replacing the Chairman is realistic.

He'll demand £250m.

Upfront.

No payment terms.

And still refuse to do up the toilets.

Then after it's agreed and signed - renege on the contract.

Answer the questions and stop making stuff up as a diversion.

New manager?

New chairman?

Part of me has suspected for a long time, based on comments about CC and players from others leagues, that much of the criticism he gets is because he's one of those dastardly foreigners.

If Carlos Carvalhal was Carl Carlson from Enfield I doubt we'd hear even half of the nonsense that gets spouted about him.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

New manager :- Jose Mourinho

New Chairman:- Bill Gates

You're making yourself look silly.

You want him sacked and have a lot of advice to give the current chairman it seems about how to do things....

Help him with a replacement and point out a good example of a chairman, maybe as his mentor.  He's new to all this.  

4 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Part of me has suspected for a long time, based on comments about CC and players from others leagues, that much of the criticism he gets is because he's one of those dastardly foreigners.

If Carlos Carvalhal was Carl Carlson from Enfield I doubt we'd hear even half of the nonsense that gets spouted about him.

If he was Carl Carlson from Enfield - he wouldn't have got the job in the first place.

And if he did get the job and then started talking about putting all the meat on the fire - he'd have got run out of town.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

You're making yourself look silly.

You want him sacked and have a lot of advice to give the current chairman it seems about how to do things....

Help him with a replacement and point out a good example of a chairman, maybe as his mentor.  He's new to all this.  

You're being silly.

There isn't a realistic new Chairman I (or anybody) can possibly say.

As for a new manager, again nobody can give comment about whether anybody would be a good or bad appointment - it's just guessing.

However, if it was my money, I'd avoid the likes of Pardew and take a punt.

Probably on somebody like Frank Lampard whom I think is going to make a success of it. I'd insist on an experienced number 2 of his choice. He may go for somebody like Steve Clarke based on how long he worked with him for.

• Haha 2

Would you allow Frank to commute from his 10m + family home (mansion) he shares with his wife and children in South West London or maybe he could rent a house in Chapeltown?

WTF:

Frank insists he is serious about being a manager.

If he is, I'd suggest he realises the PL is unrealistic for a first appointment and he would therefore take one of the bigger Championship clubs extremely seriously.

I doubt he'd do worse than 13th with this squad.

I'm also now beginning to wonder if you were serious about Bill Gates...

Do you also wonder whether Real Madrid were serious with Zidane?

Barcleona with Guardiola?

Fulham with Coleman?

Blackburn with Hughes?

Wednesday with Francis?

Swansea with Monk?

Bournemouth with Howe?

USA with Klinsmann?

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Frank insists he is serious about being a manager.

If he is, I'd suggest he realises the PL is unrealistic for a first appointment and he would therefore take one of the bigger Championship clubs extremely seriously.

I doubt he'd do worse than 13th with this squad.

The poorly selected, overpaid and unbalanced squad purchased by our inexperienced chairman?