Derby County vs Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

7 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

A bigger club than most realise, which deep down holds a tad of intrepidation for a lot of Owls fans because of a game in Feb 2000, when with 5 minutes to go we made it 3-1 ( I remember calling the new wife at that point to celebrate the victory) only to concede 2 goals in injury time, and break our spirit for the rest of the season sending us out of the Premier league, which started years of financial rot, the clubs general decline and some desperate football. 

In fact, remembering how bad the times got, reminds me that actually things are pretty Rosey in comparison, even now.

Have a butchers at this;

https://youtu.be/4STeyRABO3Y

Worth watching to see our second goal - an amazing volley from Gerald Sibon, and a young looking Gary Lineker say “Wednesday fans must be pulling their hair out tonight”.......hope that’s not applicable to tonight!

UTO

I was there but not for Derby's late goals as had trudged off accepting defeat LOL. Lets be honest we've both been on the decline since arround then.

57 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

We're backs to the wall (AGAIN) just like pre Leeds,so I'm expecting a slow crab like first 15 minutes where derby some how contrive to miss a couple of absolute sitters that even big Dave wouldn't bollix up wake up play them off the park and win 0-2 and alls rosey again before the inevitable Derby debacle again against the dingles. Wish we'd learn, wish we could find consistency wish we were not so damnable frustrating. 

There is no such thing as an absolute sitter that big Dave couldn't bollix up. (much as I like the man)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

A bigger club than most realise, which deep down holds a tad of intrepidation for a lot of Owls fans because of a game in Feb 2000, when with 5 minutes to go we made it 3-1 ( I remember calling the new wife at that point to celebrate the victory) only to concede 2 goals in injury time, and break our spirit for the rest of the season sending us out of the Premier league, which started years of financial rot, the clubs general decline and some desperate football. 

In fact, remembering how bad the times got, reminds me that actually things are pretty Rosey in comparison, even now.

Have a butchers at this;

https://youtu.be/4STeyRABO3Y

Worth watching to see our second goal - an amazing volley from Gerald Sibon, and a young looking Gary Lineker say “Wednesday fans must be pulling their hair out tonight”.......hope that’s not applicable to tonight!

UTO

A dark day indeed. I got off the coach at Paternoster Row, wife said "what was the score" 

"We got relegated today" was my answer.

She reminded me it was February..

But here we are, back for more, after the Bolton debacle we come back in our hoards, optimistic and full of mirth. 

We're a hardy lot, the best.

UTO

:tango:

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Her giant silk negligee draped over the ottoman like a discarded parachute.

Ye Gods!

Made my day this Snoots!

By Jupiters undercrackers we need a win today - though i'd take a draw a present.

Hoops brace in a 1-2 win for the Owls. Please thank you

2 hours ago, The Coorong Owl said:

Too depressed to get up at 2am in the morning. Not interested in much right now. 

Aw mate. Sorry to hear it, that’s rotten. Been through something not massively dissimilar, and all I can tell you is you WILL be TOTALLY fine. But not until it’s ‘time’. (When that starts happening, it moves really quickly...but yeah, the wait in the meantime is pretty awful.) Be good to yourself, don’t beat yourself up, and enjoy selfishly indulging yourself in all things ‘you’ for a while. Including the mighty Wednesday (if they don’t upset you even more!)

Future’s all kinds of exciting, you just gotta grind out the crappy part to get there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

You'd think so.

Hope so.

I'm sure we have enough football knowledgeable people sorting our transfer deals to ensure we don't get bitten on the 'arris today...

Butterfield is definitely ineligible, so I’d assume the same is true of Sam.

Rather he played than Vydra, mind. :ph34r:

Not expecting anything but a narrow, frustrating defeat. 

3 defeats out of 4? 

We are in crap form and (bar the Leeds game) playing poorly. 

Hopefully, Carlos and the players can get their arses in gear, but all I see/hear is a lot of talking and very little else. 

49 minutes ago, steveraper said:

Love it. I'm going to use "da diddly qua qua"  in every conversation today....

If you get the chance try the rest...

---------------------

We're the famous Wednesday men the press don't like to mention
Our Chairman splashes cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
We may wait six months for this years shirt collection! (oh-oh)
And have meltdowns after Brum and Bolton with all our built up tension

Time to deliver You've taken half my life!
Don't want to go home for my dinner, and face my ugly wife

Retail like a highwayman so sick of mainstream fashion
The pink bladed boots, Baz has no roots, people think George Boyds so dashing
So what's the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking? (oh oh)
It's kind of tough to tell a fan the big mistake he's making

Time to deliver, You've taken half my life!
Don't want to go hom, for my dinner, and face my ugly wife

Even in Derbys plastic bowl 
On 3 points let us dine
We'll dine!

We're the famous Wednesday boys so tired of excuses
Of empty geststured platitudes where only football loses

We're the famous Wednesday men  and here's our invitation (oh oh)
"Throw your safety overboard and go out with all guns blazin'""

Time to deliver, You've taken half my life!
Don't want to go home, for my dinner, and face my ugly wife

Even in Derbys plastic bowl 
On 3 points let us dine
We'll dine!

Qua qua da diddley qua qua da diddley
Qua qua da diddley qua qua da diddley

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dom Howson reporting several changes to the lineup today...

Thing is I'm not sure it makes all that much difference if the set up and tactics are exactly the same. 

Guessing we will see the return of Loovens, Hutchinson etc. Perhaps Lucas and Matias will get a run out too? 

Edited by SiJ

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Dom Howson reporting several changes to the lineup today...

Thing is I'm not sure it makes all that much difference if the set up and tactics are exactly the same. 

Guessing we will see the return of Loovens, Hutchinson etc. Perhaps Lucas and Matias will get a run out too? 

My guess would be Fox, Hutchinson and Loovens.

Westwood

Hunt   Lees  Loovens  Fox

Lee  Bannan Hutchinson Reach 

Hooper   Fletcher 

Edited by pazowl55

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Westwood

Hooper   Fletcher 

Not a bad shout. 

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Westwood

Hooper   Fletcher 

I think this will be the team but maybe Pudil for Fox. It's only logical to bring back Westwood, Loovens and Hutch who will give us defensive solidarity. Given Wallace is struggling it's only logical that Lee moves to the right as Carlos won't risk Matias.

I hope that is the team as we look stronger. Joao to come off the bench to provide a pace option. 

I don’t know what Eatonram ‘s been smoking but the words “Warboys”and “diving header”do not belong in the same sentence! I have never seen a bigger lump of carp on a football pitch than Alan Warboys. I think he must have tripped and fallen forwards into the path of the ball, as much grace and agility as a giant redwood! Warboys...:tango:

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think this will be the team but maybe Pudil for Fox. It's only logical to bring back Westwood, Loovens and Hutch who will give us defensive solidarity. Given Wallace is struggling it's only logical that Lee moves to the right as Carlos won't risk Matias.

I hope that is the team as we look stronger. Joao to come off the bench to provide a pace option. 

Didnt pudil play for the u23s in midweek along with Butterfield who can't play and Matias who won't play?

Edited by pazowl55

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I wish he would risk Matias ..