Derby County vs Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

Derby - V - Wednesday

It's seemed like a very long week since Bolton.

A very depressing week. Not least since the wife has moved back into the marital home. I'd imagined , nay hoped, that after so long away that on her return we'd be more like house mates. Like guests in a large hotel who just nodded at breakfast.  

Alas, you can only imagine my horror when I went up to bed the first night of her return, leaving her in the library where she was looking through tomes of incantations,  and discovered her clothes in what I have got used to being 'my' bedroom.

Her giant silk negligee draped over the ottoman like a discarded parachute. Ye Gods!

I quickly stuffed some of my belongings into a small case and am currently living in exile in the gatehouse where the groundsman used to live, where so far she hasn't managed to track me down.  Though I fear it is only a matter of time.  Stubbs brings me supplies. But she's a keen eye. She'll find out soon enough. And then I'll be on the move again. 

Fortunately match day is here now and I can focus on something else....

It's also been a gloomy week also for many other people connected with our club though .  Well, when I say people, I mean fans. As usual.  A feeling of apathy seems to be spreading and sadly the skirmishes between pro and anti Carlos fans seems to be coming to a peak.  The shirts are eventually due to go on sale, though again, hackles have been raised by the costing of the said apparel with many thinking the prices another rather strongly aimed kick in the goolies, and the wallet.

The offer of some dearly priced framed picture of some fireworks doing little to soften the blow and if anything only agitating some further.  

It's against this back drop that we take on Derby at whatever they called their stadium these days.

Two clean sheets on the spin against Warnocks Cardiff and local rivals Forest- where they won-  have cheered up Rams supporters and they will look to keep that run going against us, to make the most of the malady that seems to enveloped us.

Vydra (whose name I can never read or hear without thinking of a lair full of Bond villains) scored after a minute versus Forest.

Image result for hydra

We'll have to make sure that we don't go behind early on because that will surely set the already jangling nerves of everyone over the edge and we can't afford that. We need to score first to relax the players and supporters alike. And to give us something to build on.

I'm of the school of thought that it's teams on a terrible run that are always likely to cause us the biggest problems.  A team that has just got two excellent results?  Perfect game for us. Would be typical of Wednesday to go there and win!

One person who the malady hasn't seem to have affected. (though he doesn't have to pay for his match day seat or shirt, admittedly) is our Carlos. 

Who seems in quite upbeat mood.  He has reiterated his stance that he believes we will be promoted this season.

In fact , according to @OWLSTALK sources he's Adam Ant about it all. Which I must say has come as something of a surprise. 

Still. I'm all for positive talk.

It's dog eat dog out there.  Let's hope he sends the lads out to take the league by storm as we enter the Autumn/Winter period and for us to become Kings of the Wild frontier that is the Championship

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Da diddly qua qua!

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Guest Copthorneowl

Well done Snooty thanks for the omdt.   Thank goodness for a post that doesn't want somebody running the shop to be hung drawn and quartered but no doubt that will happen as soon as dawn breaks.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Guest kelliesleftnut

Nice Snoots as always.

I'm confident of taking at least a point against the sheep fiddlers.

Its the next 2 home games I'm not looking forward to.

A very good (very early) morning to you all, a typically excellent intro from mi'lud. Sadly the financial constraints of student life mean I couldn't sanction spending £80 to go to Pride Park, which means all you lucky buggers going will have to sing out just that little bit louder for me. Happy to report I'll be heading to Villa Park in a few weeks, but for this weekend it's onto second team duty, cheering on the mighty Bradford Park Avenue away at Darlington.

Got to be honest I'm expecting nothing from today's game. We've had nothing but misery at Pride Park for years on end so expecting to go there and find a bit of relief from the current slump would be optimistic to the point of foolishness. Derby are on a roll and Rowett knows how to adapt his team to cancel out the opposition's strengths. God it's all a bit miserable isn't it? Football has a habit of delivering the utterly unexpected and turning logic on its head, so it's not outside the realms of possibility for us to win today. We've got a high quality squad that is perfectly capable of beating any team in this division on its day, just ask Leeds and Fulham. Unfortunately it's also capable of losing to every team in this league. We just have to keep on hoping that today will be the day that the squad and Carlos are able to pull it all together and produce the performance we know we're capable of. We did it against Leeds, let's write off Bolton as an aberration and do it again eh?

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Derby 2-2 Wednesday (Fletcher 10, Vydra 24, 70, Lee 90)

Grand work Snoots. Can’t have been an overly fun one to write.

Derby 2-4 Wednesday. We’ll have no choice but to go at them from the off, and we’ll go in 2-1 down at half time having left ourselves exposed, but fear not. Second half Joao scores twice, and Jones tucks away an 88th-minute pen. It’s gonna be a scorcher.

:star::star:

Or a moody 1-1 with three red cards. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Come on Wednesday, turn this around!

Hope so. Derby have always seemed a bit of a bogie team to me, let's hope they're not on this occasion.  People from Derby have the same sort of attitude as people from Nottingham - they think they're a lot better than they actually are. They're not very nice people so be careful down there guys and gals