Derby County vs Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Must admit that the Wendies visit is one of the bigger games of the season. As a North Derbyshire Ram there are a few Owls around to taunt (or avoid) depending on result. My first ever away game was at Hillsborough 1969, 1-0 defeat to a Warboys diving header. Also a sizeable scrap in the middle of the Kop, crowd was mid 40sK. Anyway enough of that, will be decent game between two proper clubs even though a lot of you seem to look down at Pride Park a little? I expect a draw.

Went to your first game in 1969 and calling us Wendies. Grow Up.

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

even though a lot of you seem to look down at Pride Park a little?

Is it Pride Park again? I can't keep up. 

Nothing against it individually ,Though individuality is probably the key word.  If you know what I mean.

19 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Ermm Ok, my first post on here I was called a sheep fiddler but took it with the humour it was intended. But OK I'll try to "grow up"

Who do you think you are?

Coming on here with your friendly banter and your nostalgia!?!

lol

You sheep fiddler!

:carlos:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We're backs to the wall (AGAIN) just like pre Leeds,so I'm expecting a slow crab like first 15 minutes where derby some how contrive to miss a couple of absolute sitters that even big Dave wouldn't bollix up wake up play them off the park and win 0-2 and alls rosey again before the inevitable Derby debacle again against the dingles. Wish we'd learn, wish we could find consistency wish we were not so damnable frustrating. 

I'm sat here above the arch.  The early winds of Brian (the storm,  not the hot air of the Blade) are whipping through the cracked and broken windows and I just thought..

Winnall can't play today can he?

We definitely put in some sort agreement that he definitely can't play didn't we.

Or is there a rule because. ..well...I'm sure we once fell victim to this once before with some player or another. Though mind maybe playing tricks on account of the bitter cold and damp that has got in my bones

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Must admit that the Wendies visit is one of the bigger games of the season. As a North Derbyshire Ram there are a few Owls around to taunt (or avoid) depending on result. My first ever away game was at Hillsborough 1969, 1-0 defeat to a Warboys diving header. Also a sizeable scrap in the middle of the Kop, crowd was mid 40sK. Anyway enough of that, will be decent game between two proper clubs even though a lot of you seem to look down at Pride Park a little? I expect a draw.

Baseball Ground. A proper football ground.

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

No I'm fairly sure Winnall will be ineligible. One less chance for irony to kick us in the nads.

You'd think so.

Hope so.

I'm sure we have enough football knowledgeable people sorting our transfer deals to ensure we don't get bitten on the 'arris today...

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

A bigger club than most realise, which deep down holds a tad of intrepidation for a lot of Owls fans because of a game in Feb 2000, when with 5 minutes to go we made it 3-1 ( I remember calling the new wife at that point to celebrate the victory) only to concede 2 goals in injury time, and break our spirit for the rest of the season sending us out of the Premier league, which started years of financial rot, the clubs general decline and some desperate football. 

In fact, remembering how bad the times got, reminds me that actually things are pretty Rosey in comparison, even now.

Have a butchers at this;

https://youtu.be/4STeyRABO3Y

Worth watching to see our second goal - an amazing volley from Gerald Sibon, and a young looking Gary Lineker say “Wednesday fans must be pulling their hair out tonight”.......hope that’s not applicable to tonight!

UTO