Carlos Carvalhal on SWFC form 'It's a mental thing but I don't want to discuss in the press'

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

cc3_3483798b.jpg

Carlos Carvalhal insists there is an issue with the mental side of the squad.

He repeatedly answered questions in todays press conference by saying there wasn't an issue of quality in the squad but it's a mental thing.

He went on to say it was a private thing happening and he didn't want to discuss this in the press but there are things going on mentally with the players

Well Cheggers, you are in charge, so f’ing well sort it out! Starting to think garymegsonor someone similar could be the answer.

• Haha 1

Just now, oldishowl said:

So people who don't think we have a mental problem 

You seriously think we have enough players showing mental strength and bottle on the pitch?

Aye but there are ways of stating that..."lack of confidence" etc....but I simply see... "11 flew over the cuckoos nest"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Not surprised really. Lost the derby got hammered by fans...Then a few players lost the world cup qualification,Got hammered by national supporters,Return to lose to a team that hasn't scored for yonks,,get hammered by fans.All in the space of a few weeks.

Bound to have a negative effect.

The players could just grow a pair ffs! 

I used to like cc but I'm actually feeling angrier more and more towards him as the weeks go.  The alluding to a mental issue then refusal to elaborate effectively deflects all blame away from himself yet he can't be accused of directly hanging anyone out to dry. He is a coward, fraud and a charlatan and the sooner he is sacked the better. I want him gone now ASAP, he doesn't belong at our great club. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If the players aren't mentally right it is 100% his fault.

As Gary Neville frequently says, Ferguson wasn't a great manager, he was a great psychologist.

When he’s been in the job this long it’s 100% his fault together with the players as a collective. He has fostered this mentality. I think his nonchalant, we will sort it soon, type attitude has rubbed off. 

I can see why his style is so successful in a short period, putting under dog teams at ease and getting them to play nice football and enjoying it. But when the relentless grind of the top becomes the environment he hasn’t suggested he is the man for that scenario. It’s been apparent since we got within a few points of the top spots last season and crumbled when we had the chance to win.

so we have 11 players on the pitch with mental problems all at the same time lol, so why play those eleven as if they have mental problems they are no use on the pitch at all , tbh i think the mental problems are a tad higher up in the club  and stood just between the white line and the fans

I can honestly say, I really don't give a.......

I know winning football matches is hard, I know things perhaps haven't gone the way, everyone has wanted.

But

Just go and show us something. lift the clouds. Show some life. 

If not, last chance saloon. Just walk away before this ruins what he did achieve.

Edited by Maddogbob

Can imagine him saying this could annoy some of the players, he seems to want to blame anyone but himself. Come on Carlos go back to that exciting charming manager you where in your first season please. I'm sick of dull football and excuses, something needs to change. I would love if the thing to change was CC's tactics but if he won't a new manager that can motivate the players needs to come in.