Carlos Carvalhal on SWFC form 'It's a mental thing but I don't want to discuss in the press'

5 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

this was not needed to be mention'd mentality problems or not, just seems to me like he is covering his back

Getting his excuses in early should it go t1ts up at Derby 

• Like 1

This mental issue isn't a new one - https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/refreshed-and-ready/ 

David Jones said:

“There is a balance between the physical training and the mental rest that you need.

“The body goes where the mind tells it to go so if you’re refreshed and ready to go, that is as important as the physical training.

“There has been a lot of pressure, a lot of build-up but with the squad we’ve got at Wednesday, we know we’ve got the capabilities to cope with that and I think we have responded really well.”

“This week in training, everyone has been up for it, it’s been very energetic, we are refreshed and ready to go,” he added.

“If you look at the month before the next international break, we feel we have a big opportunity to get some results and see an improvement in our league position.”

Well that went well :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So what most people are saying is that experienced, well paid players are not capable of going on the pitch and showing some bottle unless the manager tells them they've got to

It's not bottle...it's leadership on the field.

The captain's been out and hutch.

Bannan throwing his arms up..like Hooper is not leadership.

30 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's not bottle...it's leadership on the field.

The captain's been out and hutch.

Bannan throwing his arms up..like Hooper is not leadership.

I agree and have used leadership in my other posts

Given that Carlos also said the defence is not the problem it will be interesting to see if Loovens returns on Saturday, I am pretty sure Hutch will.

2 hours ago, damianb1 said:

The players could just grow a pair ffs! 

Easier said than done if you are down and people are screaming "Grow a pair FFS" at them, While they are getting abuse from every angle too

We don't know what it is tbf but i can imagine that may have been your answer to Kirkland when he was at SWFC suffering "Grow a pair FFS!" Doubt that would help.

I suppose while Carlos is getting a majority of the abuse it gives the players a brief break.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Getting his excuses in early should it go t1ts up at Derby 

Getting his excuses in early WHEN it goes boobies up at Derby.

There......corrected it for you.

Was offered 2 tickets the other day for Derby and had to really talk myself into wanting to go.

The season is fukked and CC wants certifying me  thinks.

Think ill hibernate and need waking up when he's done one.

11 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Easier said than done if you are down and people are screaming "Grow a pair FFS" at them, While they are getting abuse from every angle too

We don't know what it is tbf but i can imagine that may have been your answer to Kirkland when he was at SWFC suffering "Grow a pair FFS!" Doubt that would help.

I suppose while Carlos is getting a majority of the abuse it gives the players a brief break.

No it wouldn't and to suggest so is crass. These are very well paid individuals who should have experience in dealing with the pressure that the job they are very well paid for requires of them.  I've  had friends and colleagues suffer from mental illness and am fully aware of and sympathetic towards  the effects it has on those affected  and those around them. Mental

illness is not one to be treated lightly and because it is unseen many sufferers often suffer in silence for long period of time and can be viewed as malingerers as people's view is often "look at him

theres nothing wrong with him".

Our manager has opened up this can of worms by his comments and imho his allusions are nothing short of disgraceful. Every day he continues to be paid by our club is a sad one in my eyes.

11 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

No it wouldn't and to suggest so is crass. These are very well paid individuals who should have experience in dealing with the pressure that the job they are very well paid for requires of them. 

The rest of your post after this is meaningless.Money is no cure.

I refer you to my post you first quoted.That kind of stress and losses in a short space of time will have an effect on most players no matter how much dosh they have.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

cc3_3483798b.jpg

Carlos Carvalhal insists there is an issue with the mental side of the squad.

He repeatedly answered questions in todays press conference by saying there wasn't an issue of quality in the squad but it's a mental thing.

He went on to say it was a private thing happening and he didn't want to discuss this in the press but there are things going on mentally with the players

The only thing that can sort this is

garymegson

Edited by Blue and white