Should our next manager be BAME/LGBT?

5 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Some very strange bigoted views in this thread. I would put it down to a lack of education and a rigid mindset.

That's funny I've not seen any bigoted views on here at all, just people saying it as they see it... And really, is there any need to insult people's intelligence/lack of education, that sounds rather arrogant to me....

Debate the point, let's hear what you've got to say, minus the insulting/arrogant overtones..........

• Like 1

I'm as open minded as the next man and always try my very best not to appear sexist or stereotype people but 

If we appointed a woman as manager wouldn't she take ages to decide what the team wore and just spend the entire match chatting to her backroom staff about hair and make up 

Then when Staton asked her what's the matter with the team, she'd reply "well if you need to ask ......"

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

That's funny I've not seen any bigoted views on here at all, just people saying it as they see it... And really, is there any need to insult people's intelligence/lack of education, that sounds rather arrogant to me....

Debate the point, let's hear what you've got to say, minus the insulting/arrogant overtones..........

Fairly ironic comment coming from someone who negged all of my posts without once bothering to engage with them, but okay.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, james o connor said:

Well I personally believed megson to be our most overrated manager (until Carlos) during my years watching the club . I do enjoy the cult winding folk up though ! 

I also think he's overloved because he's a Wednesday fan and because he was a passionate and animated character . 

I dont believe however if carlos was a Sheffield lad , ex player or whatever things would be different . Most have had enough of underperforming, not turning up when it mattered and being charged an absaloute packet for the privilidge . Our squad isn't as good as some make out , but it sure as hell shouldn't be comcedong 4 to the pigs at home and losing to a team skint with the likes of Maxine and beevers in their ranks .

Maxine's beaver ??? lol If that was on the pitch no wonder we lost lollollol 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, David1867 said:

Just a thought, should we be looking to lead the way with equality in football? 

We we have never had a first team coach or manager from the BAME or LGBT community now is the time to change this. 

Below are 3 BAME to throw into the mix. 

Sol Campbell, a risk but has played at the highest level and wants to manage.

Hope Powell, international experience, currently in charge at Brighton women's so will have tapped into Chris Hutons knowledge. 

Kiatisuk Senamuang, record goal scorer for Thailand so obviously a legend in his own country plus has decent managerial experience in his own right. 

You're an idiot. 

12 hours ago, David1867 said:

Just a thought, should we be looking to lead the way with equality in football? 

We we have never had a first team coach or manager from the BAME or LGBT community now is the time to change this. 

Below are 3 BAME to throw into the mix. 

Sol Campbell, a risk but has played at the highest level and wants to manage.

Hope Powell, international experience, currently in charge at Brighton women's so will have tapped into Chris Hutons knowledge. 

Kiatisuk Senamuang, record goal scorer for Thailand so obviously a legend in his own country plus has decent managerial experience in his own right. 

In short, no. 

I don’t have any problem at all with black, white, yellow, orange, Asian or eskimo people. Or any of the LGBT community. I have a lot of friends and family who come under those umberellas. But you often hear people in the media questioning why there aren’t any openly LGBT people in (Men’s) football and in my opinion it’s because of the stick they know they’re likely to get, just look at the stick Brighton get most weekends, from our own fans too.

You’ve just got to look at the stick Dave Jones took and he didn’t even touch anyone.

Whatever the roger is BAME?!

I swear people make an acronym for every flipping thing these days. Player's name? Acronym. Sexual orientation? Acronym. Flavbergasted? Acronym. Might as well just flipping speak in acronyms. 

This is what happens when we let flipping Yanks influence the flipping stupid in this country. It catches on, and we can't get rid of the bobbar. 

So what the roger is BAME?

1 minute ago, Pompeyowl said:

Whatever the roger is BAME?!

I swear people make an acronym for every flipping thing these days. Player's name? Acronym. Sexual orientation? Acronym. Flavbergasted? Acronym. Might as well just flipping speak in acronyms. 

This is what happens when we let flipping Yanks influence the flipping stupid in this country. It catches on, and we can't get rid of the bobbar. 

So what the roger is BAME?

Black

Asian

Muslim

Etc

• Haha 2