Should our next manager be BAME/LGBT?

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly believe that if Carlos was from Sheffield then there'd be no calls for his head right now just calls for 'get behind him'

Utter bumf..if he we Carl Carlington from barrow in furness everbody wud want rid..fans fell for the accent..suntan..nice coat..new barnet..20 quid nite etc etc

9 minutes ago, torres said:

I would be fuming if we appointed a woman and so would 99.9% of wednesday fans.

I'd be fine if it was our lass.

The long hours would keep her out of the house.

And when we lost I'd at least have the consolation of telling her she was useless.

• Haha 6

As a "lefty" (hey most of us are lefties in the world of Trump) I think this is a stupid idea, as said before the best person for the job should get it.

However it would be pretty cool to do a Clermont Foot and hire a woman like Corinne Diacre https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corinne_Diacre or Helena Costa https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena_Costa.

Surely
none of our fans would complain if we hired a strong headed, sexy lady lol

Whilst I respect everyone for standing up for BAME/LGBT, the way it's being pushed and promoted, in my opinion, doesn't stand for equality at all. 

I respect previously in history, people that identify themselves within these groups have had harder challengers to face, but it should be more about equality, and not the fact that "I'm in 'X' group so my opinion should take more priority over someone who is neither BAME/LGBMT" 

Be be proud of who you are, but your ability to perform a task, and even to a little extent personal attributes, should land you a job. Not because of your race/ cultural background or sexual orientation, neither should it be encouraged to employee people based on these attributes 

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I'd be fine if it was our lass.

The long hours would keep her out of the house.

And when we lost I'd at least have the consolation of telling her she was useless.

It would be ideal if it was mine.

Like normal life i'd be pulling all the strings but make it appear like she has a say in the decisions 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torres said:

It would be ideal if it was mine.

Like normal life i'd be pulling all the strings but make it appear like she has a say in the decisions 

Maybe mine would be better  I'm the Boss in our house. And I've got her permission to say so!

4 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

When will this cult of 'Megson' fall away?  Yes, he's a local lad,and picked up a mediocre team to make them one of the best sides in the THIRD division, but he never did anything special.

He did a lot of badge kissing, punching the air, and taking his players up the back of the kop etc 

That's enough for most fans of our club.

If Carlos was from Sheffield and did the three things above he'd be lauded as saviour instead of calling for his head.

Owlstalk Shop

Many moons ago I wanted to work for a specific company as they were the leader in the field.

As per, I filled in the extra sheet that comes with the application form. I filled it in with what I am, straight able bodied male. I heard nothing back, I applied another 3 times and heard nothing, not even a rejection letter.

The 5th time, for some reason I ticked boxes that said I was a gay ethnic minority.

I was selected for interview, I'd not long been back from holiday, so my colouring matched my description lol

Anyway I had the interview and was told right after it, I was far above any applicants they'd had previously and they offered me the job there and then. I said before I take the job I will be honest and said I'd filled in the "form" incorrectly due to my 4 previous knockbacks of hearing nothing.

They told me they'd never even seen an application from me before as they were vetted by HR prior to sending on the details.

• Haha 3

I can't stand the idea of someone being given a job because they are black.

AND I'M BLACK FFS. 

The Rooney rule makes me feel physically sick. If a chairman doesn't want to employ/interview a black person. How is forcing them to interview them and waste their time going to change that? If anything it will make their impression worse if they are already intolerant. 

When will people realise that there is currently a reason for the lack of black managers. The majority of managers fall into the age bracket of 40-70. That would imply they started playing football at the earliest in the 90's, mainly in the 70's and 80's though. The number of black footballers were far less in in those days. This is why we are starting to see a rise in black managers as they played in the 90's. JFH currently at Northampton has had several opportunities, Chris Houghton etc. As time goes on more will become managers and head coaches. Hopefully this isn't down to society becoming sympathetic idiots, but down to there being a larger pool to pick from and them being the right person for the job. 

There is currently the same argument with the lack of women as CEO's of companies. Again the reason is women were traditionally housewives/homemakers and CEO's tend to be of a certain age. Give it 20 years and now women who are career driven will be given these opportunities because there will be many more of them and they will be qualified for the job. 

Cant stand how society wants to just hand people opportunities because of their gender, sexuality or ethnicity. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know you believe it's tripe

But you're wrong

How many chants and shouts for Megson to go were happening when we were playing the worst football ever, sliding down the league and losing games?

If we were "sliding down the league" with Megson then we are in absolute free fall now.

Obviously neither is true. You are just changing history to suit your argument.