Should our next manager be BAME/LGBT?

23 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I don't think you really get into a debate on the number of times white people have missed out on this vs the amount of times black people have.

I was very clear that the person who gets a job should be the best person for it. But what you're not appreciating is that it's proven the more diverse and organization is, the better they perform because they are more creative. Who's to say hiring another a minority candidate won't unlock creativity that was otherwise not possible.

The point of these programmes is to remove barriers and sometimes the issue needs to be forced with quotas - its down to the hiring company to find minority candidates that stack up...and there isn't enough for them to choose from. But if you don't grant people the opportunities in the first place sometimes with drastic action, then your never going to make a significant change.

What absolute horseshit. 

So a company is more effective because if it employs people of different skin colour?!

How is this proven?

I'm genuinely interested because this would absolutely dislodge my life long belief that skin colour is irrelevant. 

Edited by Pompeyowl

28 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

But what you're not appreciating is that it's proven the more diverse and organization is, the better they perform because they are more creative.

1. Proven - where?

2. Better they perform - define your terms

3. Because they are more creative - circle back to 1 and 2

Such a spurious argument

Take Huawei. They would disagree, if they even gave your privileged liberal guilt the time of day - which of course they wouldn't

A mobile phone by that Chinese technology company will out sell Samsung and Apple phones in next few months, yet has an 80% "asian" workforce, even in their UK or US operations

Try telling them to respect diversity

They'd laugh at your liberal guilt, as would I

Edited by owlandished

24 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I don't think you really get into a debate on the number of times white people have missed out on this vs the amount of times black people have.

I was very clear that the person who gets a job should be the best person for it. But what you're not appreciating is that it's proven the more diverse and organization is, the better they perform because they are more creative. Who's to say hiring another a minority candidate won't unlock creativity that was otherwise not possible.

The point of these programmes is to remove barriers and sometimes the issue needs to be forced with quotas - its down to the hiring company to find minority candidates that stack up...and there isn't enough for them to choose from. But if you don't grant people the opportunities in the first place sometimes with drastic action, then your never going to make a significant change.

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Err apart from where I said jobs should go to the best person

You did say that, but read again what you said in the above post right after you said it. 

I will repeat again, the only one that has discriminated is yourself. 

19 minutes ago, owlandished said:

1. Proven - where?

2. Better they perform - define your terms

3. Because they are more creative - circle back to 1 and 2

Such a spurious argument

Take Huawei. They would disagree, if they even gave your privileged liberal guilt the time of day - which of course they wouldn't

A mobile phone by that Chinese technology company will out sell Samsung and Apple phones in next few months, yet has an 80% "asian" workforce, even in their UK or US operations

Try telling them to respect diversity

They'd laugh at your liberal guilt, as would I

Forgot to add

hah hah ha ha hah

8 hours ago, Pompeyowl said:

What absolute horseshit. 

So a company is more effective because if it employs people of different skin colour?!

How is this proven?

I'm genuinely interested because this would absolutely dislodge my life long belief that skin colour is irrelevant. 

Its proven.

Educate yourself.

Diversity goes beyond skin colour too you know.

Edited by McRightSide

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Its proven.

Educate yourself.

Diversity goes beyond skin colour too you know.

It's proven, yet you won't give any examples?!

I'm giving you the chance to educate me, but you won't take it. 

Sure right you are, diverstity does go beyond someone's skin colour.

Believe it or not, much like someone's skin colour, I see someone's sexual preferenece, gender, religion etc as irrelevant also. 

4 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I'll back this on the proviso that you also wear a frock.

I once got sent a naughty nurses outfit from eBay due to "an order mix-up". Unfortunately it was a size 8, so it didn't quite fit.

All you lefties that drone on about black, white, mixed race, gay, trans blah blah bloody blah are part of the 'problem'. Who the hell cares? I don't care who people want to f*ck and I don't care what colour someone's skin is, neither do 99% of the population FACT

1 hour ago, dobbo said:

All you lefties that drone on about black, white, mixed race, gay, trans blah blah bloody blah are part of the 'problem'. Who the hell cares? I don't care who people want to f*ck and I don't care what colour someone's skin is, neither do 99% of the population FACT

That minute footage of Morgan speaking is as accurate as you can possibly get.