Should our next manager be BAME/LGBT?

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He did a lot of badge kissing, punching the air, and taking his players up the back of the kop etc 

That's enough for most fans of our club.

If Carlos was from Sheffield and did the three things above he'd be lauded as saviour instead of calling for his head.

Actually I'd argue that he'd get less support if he was from Sheffield.

We'd all be looking at him saying I've got your accent, you're from the same place as me, I've got as many promotions as you and I've let the lass down as many times as you have on Saturday night.

The only thing that still endears him to fans is his peculiar oratory skills, style and the fact that he's achieved more success in last 15 years than any other manager, largely because he's the only one with a pot to urinate in.

5 hours ago, The Italian Stallion said:

That's funny I've not seen any bigoted views on here at all, just people saying it as they see it... And really, is there any need to insult people's intelligence/lack of education, that sounds rather arrogant to me....

Debate the point, let's hear what you've got to say, minus the insulting/arrogant overtones..........

‘Saying it as they see it’

’Calling a spade a spade’

‘I speak my mind’

all fair and well but when only when it suits a certain norm. Flip it in its head and put the boot on the other foot...only you probably don’t have to as you’re in the comfort zone but not quite ‘default man’ (google that one)

Hope brexit works out for ya..

5 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

‘Saying it as they see it’

’Calling a spade a spade’

‘I speak my mind’

all fair and well but when only when it suits a certain norm. Flip it in its head and put the boot on the other foot...only you probably don’t have to as you’re in the comfort zone but not quite ‘default man’ (google that one)

Hope brexit works out for ya..

What’s up mate? Who’s upset you? (I’m not going to read the full thread and find out who/what has upset you)

6 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

What’s up mate? Who’s upset you? (I’m not going to read the full thread and find out who/what has upset you)

I ain’t upset pal and not arsed who manages us, but some of the comments are a bit ill thought out.

football needs dragging out of the dark ages. 

I went saturday and heard some right rubbish coming out of ‘our’ so called fans mouths. Racist, homophobic nonsense that isn’t part n parcel of the modern game, but just a sad reflection of society. I don’t mind a debate as to the involvement of people of a different orientation having some involvement in football. Whether as manager or commercial etc etc..And ok, the right people should get the job but it should still mean people that to some don’t fit the norm, aren’t overlooked. It’s a big world and not necessarily a white, heterosexual one.

1 minute ago, fatzooma said:

I ain’t upset pal and not arsed who manages us, but some of the comments are a bit ill thought out.

football needs dragging out of the dark ages. 

I went saturday and heard some right rubbish coming out of ‘our’ so called fans mouths. Racist, homophobic nonsense that isn’t part n parcel of the modern game, but just a sad reflection of society. I don’t mind a debate as to the involvement of people of a different orientation having some involvement in football. Whether as manager or commercial etc etc..And ok, the right people should get the job but it should still mean people that to some don’t fit the norm, aren’t overlooked. It’s a big world and not necessarily a white, heterosexual one.

This’ll be brief cause I need to go to bed but I follow Wednesday up and down the country on a fairly regular basis and other than the “Town full of queers” song at Brighton, I’ve never heard any homophobic comments from our fans. Or racist. There probably is a minority of idiots but I’ve never came across it and on the whole, our fans seem to behave.

Sigh. 

Some pretty ignorant views in this thread. 

White people have privilege - that's a fact. The promoting of BAME and other minority individuals isn't about giving them an advantage, it's trying to level it out.

Should our next person be a BAME? Don't know really - it should be the best person. But don't forget the best person might be someone who has faced different challenges and experiences

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Sigh. 

Some pretty ignorant views in this thread. 

White people have privilege - that's a fact. The promoting of BAME and other minority individuals isn't about giving them an advantage, it's trying to level it out.

Should our next person be a BAME? Don't know really - it should be the best person. But don't forget the best person might be someone who has faced different challenges and experiences

Where’s the ignorance?