Should our next manager be BAME/LGBT?

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

If we were "sliding down the league" with Megson then we are in absolute free fall now.

Obviously neither is true. You are just changing history to suit your argument.

I'm not though

All those with ginger-tinted specs on choose never to remember the truth about how bad we'd got under Megson

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know you believe it's tripe

But you're wrong

How many chants and shouts for Megson to go were happening when we were playing the worst football ever, sliding down the league and losing games?

Well I personally believed megson to be our most overrated manager (until Carlos) during my years watching the club . I do enjoy the cult winding folk up though ! 

I also think he's overloved because he's a Wednesday fan and because he was a passionate and animated character . 

I dont believe however if carlos was a Sheffield lad , ex player or whatever things would be different . Most have had enough of underperforming, not turning up when it mattered and being charged an absaloute packet for the privilidge . Our squad isn't as good as some make out , but it sure as hell shouldn't be comcedong 4 to the pigs at home and losing to a team skint with the likes of Maxine and beevers in their ranks .

I think people need to look past the ‘fill a quota’ attitude and remember it’s big world out there. People are under represented. White males hold all the power and as much as the right candidate should be picked, we need to remember that it’s fair that that people should be pushed and promoted as they themselves have probably been held back due to their orientation....and most certainly by powerful white males holding all the cards. Free your mind. 

Just now, james o connor said:

Well I personally believed megson to be our most overrated manager (until Carlos) during my years watching the club . I do enjoy the cult winding folk up though ! 

I also think he's overloved because he's a Wednesday fan and because he was a passionate and animated character . 

I dont believe however if carlos was a Sheffield lad , ex player or whatever things would be different . Most have had enough of underperforming, not turning up when it mattered and being charged an absaloute packet for the privilidge . Our squad isn't as good as some make out , but it sure as hell shouldn't be comcedong 4 to the pigs at home and losing to a team skint with the likes of Maxine and beevers in their ranks .

Some fair points there but like I say Megson was never hounded or abused like Carlos is - yet Carlos is arguably delivering better results than Megson ever did.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, fatzooma said:

I think people need to look past the ‘fill a quota’ attitude and remember it’s big world out there. People are under represented. White males hold all the power and as much as the right candidate should be picked, we need to remember that it’s fair that that people should be pushed and promoted as they themselves have probably been held back due to their orientation....and most certainly by powerful white males holding all the cards. Free your mind. 

You're right

BUT

Nobody should ever be employed for a job if they're not the strongest candidate otherwise why bother taking applications from white straight males?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm not though

All those with ginger-tinted specs on choose never to remember the truth about how bad we'd got under Megson

Describing us at the end of Megson's tenure as "sliding down the league" is entirely sensationalist.

And you know it.

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I dont believe however if carlos was a Sheffield lad , ex player or whatever things would be different . Most have had enough of underperforming, not turning up when it mattered and being charged an absaloute packet for the privilidge . Our squad isn't as good as some make out , but it sure as hell shouldn't be comcedong 4 to the pigs at home and losing to a team skint with the likes of Madine and beevers in their ranks .

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He did a lot of badge kissing, punching the air, and taking his players up the back of the kop etc 

That's enough for most fans of our club.

If Carlos was from Sheffield and did the three things above he'd be lauded as saviour instead of calling for his head.

If Carlos said the 'Meat on the fire' and 'Meat and potatoes' things with an accent like Mick Macarthy everyone would laugh at him rather then think of him as charismatic.

One thing I am sure of if Carlos was from Sheffield the Steel City Derby wouldn't have been such a damp squib.

I like Megson was he was here and did lap it up when he played the gallery a bit with badge kissing etc but wouldn't be my choice to be next manager.

9 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Just because people are under represented doesn't mean they should get special preference. Managerial positions should be filled on merit, experience and character. Granted, in the past there may have been deliberate discrimination against certain groups but if you bypass a higher qualified manager just to employ one from a minority group who is less qualified then you've fallen straight back into the discrimination trap anyway.

If we can find a mixed race, disabled, transgender, muslim lesbian who is better at the job than Carlos I want them on the touchline immediately...but solely for the latter reason, not because of any of their identifying factors because they are, and to avoid any discrimination HAVE to be, irrelevant.

She's got to have a beard, and, and she's got to be a minority ethnic, and, and,

she's got to look like Geoff Capes in a Princess Elsa from "Frozen" dress, and, and

she's got to have feck all better to do with her time than to come on here and campaign for a plague of fools to take over football.

She's got to ban all-male football clicques that are ruining the aspiring gender neutrality of the game.

Right after they burn J K Rowling at the stake for not getting the ethnic and gender mix right in QUIDDITCH.

HOW LONG before some brain-dead FART comes on here and campaigns against cruelty to FOOTBALLS??  (or goalposts, in our case...)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly believe that if Carlos was from Sheffield then there'd be no calls for his head right now just calls for 'get behind him'

So over 70% of Owls fans are racist... Yeah good one...talking rubbish