Should our next manager be BAME/LGBT?

Just a thought, should we be looking to lead the way with equality in football? 

We we have never had a first team coach or manager from the BAME or LGBT community now is the time to change this. 

Below are 3 BAME to throw into the mix. 

Sol Campbell, a risk but has played at the highest level and wants to manage.

Hope Powell, international experience, currently in charge at Brighton women's so will have tapped into Chris Hutons knowledge. 

Kiatisuk Senamuang, record goal scorer for Thailand so obviously a legend in his own country plus has decent managerial experience in his own right. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Just a thought, should we be looking to lead the way with equality in football? 

We we have never had a first team coach or manager from the BAME or LGBT community now is the time to change this. 

Below are 3 BAME to throw into the mix. 

Sol Campbell, a risk but has played at the highest level and wants to manage.

Hope Powell, international experience, currently in charge at Brighton women's so will have tapped into Chris Hutons knowledge. 

Kiatisuk Senamuang, record goal scorer for Thailand so obviously a legend in his own country plus has decent managerial experience in his own right. 

I'll entertain you I don't know why but I couldn't give a fornicate if the next manager is black, white, pink yellow, bird or bloke or stands on the touchline in a tu tu as long as they get the job done and get us promoted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

People shouldn't be employed or not employed on whether they're black, white, gay, straight, male, female, english or foreign etc

It should always be down to whether or not they're the best person for the job

Any other thinking is wrong

I've had a thought, is the OP touting Paul Ince? It'll be the only way he gets another managerial role

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

People shouldn't be employed or not employed on whether they're black, white, gay, straight, male, female, english or foreign etc

It should always be down to whether or not they're the best person for the job

Any other thinking is wrong

Couldn't agree more.

"Positive Discrimination" is still discrimination in my book. 

Someone should be getting a job because they are the best candidate, not because they happen to be of a certain ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender.

• Thanks 1

I would be fuming if we appointed a woman and so would 99.9% of wednesday fans.

If no one else wants to be honest then fair enough.

Although . . .she might be able to knit us up a kit pretty sharpish. so i'm all for it!! (JOKE!!)

Edited by torres

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine someone giving you a job just because of the colour of your skin or because you're Gay or a woman?

You'd feel shocking right throughout your tenure knowing that

Happens all the time in the police force

9 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Any point? We have a Thai owner (that has pumped in millions) and a Portuguese manager that some folk just can't take to and never have. 

Honestly believe that if Carlos was from Sheffield then there'd be no calls for his head right now just calls for 'get behind him'

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I would be fuming if we appointed a woman and so would 99.9% of wednesday fans.

If no one else wants to be honest then fair enough.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

As I stated earlier if she was the best person for the job and got the job done why?

I don't know your reasons for not wanting a women so I won't dive in and criticise.

How would you judge a women to be the best person for the job? They may be superb at managing women players but I don't believe male footballers are "equal opportunity employees".

I really don't believe most male players are ready to be managed by a women. This is wrong but I fear it is the current situation.