Should our next manager be BAME/LGBT?

Maybe if we get a BAME manager and players, Chansiri will get a tax break and more revenues from sky

The moment competitive sport panders to the 'give the other guy the advantage because he is less privileged', the game is truly un-workable

Sir Lenny proposed “tax breaks for diversity”, because TV is a business and that “nothing focuses the mind of a business person more than money”.

Citing examples of tax incentives in the US, which hope to increase the number of women and ethnic minority TV writers and directors, Sir Lenny said that a similar model can be mimicked elsewhere.

He said: “In July the British Government revealed that it paid out almost £600 million in tax relief last year to the makers of films and big budget TV productions that passed a ’cultural test’ that qualified them as ’British-made’.”

Sir Lenny asked for a similar tax break for businesses which pass a “diversity test”.

If a TV production is deemed diverse, he said, “you would not pay tax on that investment, or you’d pay at a reduced rate”, adding that “alternatively a diverse production pays less tax”.

Sir Lenny said: “Now I would stress that for any production to qualify for a tax break, it must have diversity both in front of and behind the camera, and in key roles.

“A black assistant researcher and ’exotic’ best friend of the lead actor is not cutting it.

“I still believe that the broadcasters should ring-fence money to produce diverse television, just as they ring-fence money for other important programme genres such as children’s or news.”

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/sir-lenny-henry-calls-for-tax-breaks-to-increase-diversity-in-tv-810354.html

23 hours ago, David1867 said:

Just a thought, should we be looking to lead the way with equality in football? 

We we have never had a first team coach or manager from the BAME or LGBT community now is the time to change this. 

Below are 3 BAME to throw into the mix. 

Sol Campbell, a risk but has played at the highest level and wants to manage.

Hope Powell, international experience, currently in charge at Brighton women's so will have tapped into Chris Hutons knowledge. 

Kiatisuk Senamuang, record goal scorer for Thailand so obviously a legend in his own country plus has decent managerial experience in his own right. 

Is this a fukking wind up.

7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Sigh. 

Some pretty ignorant views in this thread. 

White people have privilege - that's a fact. The promoting of BAME and other minority individuals isn't about giving them an advantage, it's trying to level it out.

Should our next person be a BAME? Don't know really - it should be the best person. But don't forget the best person might be someone who has faced different challenges and experiences

Most people have privilege, it's just whether you're too ignorant to see that people can be privileged without white skin. 

On 18/10/2017 at 09:41, David1867 said:

Just a thought, should we be looking to lead the way with equality in football? 

We we have never had a first team coach or manager from the BAME or LGBT community now is the time to change this. 

Below are 3 BAME to throw into the mix. 

Sol Campbell, a risk but has played at the highest level and wants to manage.

Hope Powell, international experience, currently in charge at Brighton women's so will have tapped into Chris Hutons knowledge. 

Kiatisuk Senamuang, record goal scorer for Thailand so obviously a legend in his own country plus has decent managerial experience in his own right. 

Is this a serious post???

I'm loving - yet some how find it depressing - that the people arguing against me are just proving my point further.

Shows the problem really.

To think that white people don't have privilege is pretty astounding, but I guess privilege is blind to those who have it.

Edited by McRightSide

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I'm loving - yet some how find it depressing - that the people arguing against me are just proving my point further.

To think that white people don't have privilege is pretty astounding, but I guess privilege is blind to those who have it.

You do talk some twaddle.

On 18/10/2017 at 10:00, @owlstalk said:

Honestly believe that if Carlos was from Sheffield then there'd be no calls for his head right now just calls for 'get behind him'

And I honestly believe that you say things you don't believe just to create traffic on your forum.

16 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Sigh. 

Some pretty ignorant views in this thread. 

White people have privilege - that's a fact. The promoting of BAME and other minority individuals isn't about giving them an advantage, it's trying to level it out.

Should our next person be a BAME? Don't know really - it should be the best person. But don't forget the best person might be someone who has faced different challenges and experiences

Simple and easy answer, if Carlos goes, we get cv's in have a look around and the person, whatever group they are in who has the best credentials to do the job gets the job, bottom line that's how you run a successful business. 

If you can find me one trust me (there are probably lots of people out there in the game that qualify  as one of your minority groups we don't know that in reality would be) and they have a CV and experience capable of doing the job, get em in, I care not one iota, who we get in as long as they are capable of getting the best out of our players on the pitch. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

That video is utter sh!t. It's generally loaded with questions about being involved in a family unit. Has nothing to do with colour at all. 

I don't look at another person and think I'm better than them, what their background is and what their colour is. It does not make any difference how I treat them. I treat people how I expect to be treated, with respect. 

The video above shows more ignorance than it tries to dispel 

American college campus, white middle class guilt has made its way over the pond....utterly depressing. Have a read of Carlton Palmers autobiography. The media, institutions particularly the education system don't realise (yet) that this nonsense does more to divide and cause resentment than they'll ever know.

White privilege FFS

21 hours ago, fatzooma said:

I ain’t upset pal and not arsed who manages us, but some of the comments are a bit ill thought out.

football needs dragging out of the dark ages. 

I went saturday and heard some right rubbish coming out of ‘our’ so called fans mouths. Racist, homophobic nonsense that isn’t part n parcel of the modern game, but just a sad reflection of society. I don’t mind a debate as to the involvement of people of a different orientation having some involvement in football. Whether as manager or commercial etc etc..And ok, the right people should get the job but it should still mean people that to some don’t fit the norm, aren’t overlooked. It’s a big world and not necessarily a white, heterosexual one.

I'm right at the side of you with that post Fatzooma .........