Alan Pardew

22 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Out of work, good record at this level, normally makes a good impact when he starts a new job, linked with us in the summer. 

Get him him in before Sunday. 

FOXTROT OSCAR LAD  .... and don't darken this already dark gossip column again.

Don't particularly like the man but felt he had a good record at this level. 

Just checked it out though and it's so long since he had success in the championship. In his first three seasons as a championship manager he took first Reading then West Ham (twice) into the play-offs in each of those seasons. But the last of those was in 2005 and since then he's only had one season at this level - a pretty disastrous one at Charlton.

I think he's a decent manager but all in all not the right man for us at this time.

Mick McCarthy on the other hand...

23 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Without subjecting Owlstalk to my 17th anti-Pardew rant : please God no. An utter c**t who would antagonise the fanbase within weeks, who would do nothing to solve our defensive problems and has a record of things totally falling apart after about 6 months.

So basically Carlos mk2 

Some of our fans really make me laugh

Pardew has promotions from this league, has a 40% win rate at his last job in the premier league, awarded premier league and LMA manager of the year, multiple other awards and he isn't good enough for us

who realistically is there he is better qualified and could do a better job

we should have sorted this out after the Huddersfield debacle instead of wasting another transfer window with Carlos collecting central midfielders and no creativity or pace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1