BREAKING - FORESTIERI OUT FOR THREE MONTHS

Just now, torryowl said:

we've always got a goal in us and we are sound defensively  our clean sheet records tells us that i'm still pretty confident we'll be challenging for the top 6 

If we change to a 3,5,2 system then i would probably agree but a defensive first half 4,4,2 then changing second half to a 4,3,3 isn't going to work consistently enough to achieve our aim.Especially if we are going to rely on either Nuhiu or Joao to be impact subs.

In the words of Andy Hinchcliffe after our play off defeat, with regards to ours and Huddersfield's squads he said "sometimes less is more" and I think he's right.

Now hopefully Carlos will stop chopping and changing the forward line, sticking with a settled front 2 (Hooper and Fletcher) and giving them a decent run of games together. If he chooses to revert to a diamond then put Hooper at the tip of the diamond with Fletcher and Rhodes up top and Joao as back up.

Hopefully some continuity will benefit the team.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

In the words of Andy Hinchcliffe after our play off defeat, with regards to ours and Huddersfield's squads he said "sometimes less is more" and I think he's right.

Now hopefully Carlos will stop chopping and changing the forward line, sticking with a settled front 2 (Hooper and Fletcher) and giving them a decent run of games together. If he chooses to revert to a diamond then put Hooper at the tip of the diamond with Fletcher and Rhodes up top and Joao as back up.

True. 

Our best run of form last season happened when the squad was limited due to injuries. 

37 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Aye, I'm sure that when we're struggling to break down little teams who are parking the bus at Hillsborough, it'll be just as effective to chuck on Nuhiu rather than have Forestieri as an option.

It was such a problem having our top scorer and assist-maker in the squad who's the only player we have capable of offering something different and actually worrying teams.

I don't like Nuhiu.

He causes more problems than hes worth as even he doesn't know his own position never mind Carlos. He causes friction in the squad, and this season at least, has been wandering around the pitch not interested one bit.

Solves a problem with him being injured. Means we can actually have strikers up front and a proper winger out wide instead of the mangle of both which FF is.

3 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

If we change to a 3,5,2 system then i would probably agree but a defensive first half 4,4,2 then changing second half to a 4,3,3 isn't going to work consistently enough to achieve our aim.Especially if we are going to rely on either Nuhiu or Joao to be impact subs.

if he plays fletch & hooper up front Rhodes would be the "impact " sub ......I do think that diamond system is the way to go though but I don't see him playing it to often .

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Fletcher/Hooper have been the first choice front two this season barring injury.

Just now, torryowl said:

if he plays fletch & hooper up front Rhodes would be the "impact " sub ......I do think that diamond system is the way to go though but I don't see him playing it to often .

Hooper would play behind Rhodes and Fletcher thus leaving Nuhiu and Joao as our striking subs, unfortunately won't happen though unless we are already chasing a game as it's too positive a set up to let the opposition worry about us but leaving us covered at the back, Carlos won't do it.

Guest BULGARIA

to all those poo pooing the conspiracy theory ask yer sen this question..

If you had to guess which player would be now injured until January, who seriously would NOT have said  FF?

1 minute ago, BULGARIA said:

to all those poo pooing the conspiracy theory ask yer sen this question..

If you had to guess which player would be now injured until January, who seriously would NOT have said  FF?

I suppose the surgeons with sharp objects will be in on this conspiracy theory too? 

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He causes more problems than hes worth as even he doesn't know his own position never mind Carlos. He causes friction in the squad, and this season at least, has been wandering around the pitch not interested one bit.

Solves a problem with him being injured. Means we can actually have strikers up front and a proper winger out wide instead of the mangle of both which FF is.

Well not having him has worked brilliantly so far. With FF only playing one league game (apart from a late sub appearance at Fulham) we've managed 4 goals and 16th place after the first month.

Even at Preston in a dire team performance he looked like the only player in our side capable of actually doing anything attackingwise. But at least you'll be happy with a mediocre stepping-backwards season as long as Forestieri doesn't play, right? 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Well not having him has worked brilliantly so far. With FF only playing one league game (apart from a late sub appearance at Fulham) we've managed 4 goals and 16th place after the first month.

Even at Preston in a dire team performance he looked like the only player in our side capable of actually doing anything attackingwise. But at least you'll be happy with a mediocre stepping-backwards season as long as Forestieri doesn't play, right? 

We wont have a mediocre season without him, we'll finish top 6. I wont be happy with a mediocre season, that is the managers fault though and no one elses. But that is a different debate.

Everyone to a man was awful at Preston. FF did jack bobbar there, don't give me that. He causes more problems than he solves we all know that.

I can't accept conspiracy theories. FF is injured and having a knee operation early next week. Hopefully in 3 months he will be back. In the meantime    hopefully Owlstalk can find another topic to discuss.

1 minute ago, Muffin Owl said:

Our opponents for the next 3 months will be delighted that he's out. Truly baffling that some of our 'supporters' feel the same.

Exactly our top scorer for the last two seasons and player our opponents fear the most is injured, let's rejoice, only Wednesday fans could be this stupid.

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

I can't accept conspiracy theories. FF is injured and having a knee operation early next week. Hopefully in 3 months he will be back. In the meantime    hopefully Owlstalk can find another topic to discuss.

Yep, think it will do everyone some good to just try and forget about him for a while now.