BREAKING - FORESTIERI OUT FOR THREE MONTHS

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Ah well playing him causes us more problems that it solves anyway best for both parties he's injured real or not

Aye, I'm sure that when we're struggling to break down little teams who are parking the bus at Hillsborough, it'll be just as effective to chuck on Nuhiu rather than have Forestieri as an option.

It was such a problem having our top scorer and assist-maker in the squad who's the only player we have capable of offering something different and actually worrying teams.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I find it honestly staggering (and in a strange way hilarious) that people (all over twitter) think its a conspiracy that hes injured until January (the next transfer window and all that!!!!)

So like we'd turn down bids in August, then just not play him for 3/4 months but still pay him, to then just sell him in January? 

Some of our fan base is laughable at times. 

They'll be in cahoots with the surgeon to make sure he's out till January, obviously Mr C has paid him to say this, if he's back earlier we'll have clandestine photos of him leaving the house without bandages on his leg to prove the point.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Ah well playing him causes us more problems that it solves anyway best for both parties he's injured real or not

I think it's more chopping and changing where he plays that causes the problems ......he's a good player no doubt about that but listening to carlos banging on about players playing in a rigid way to a rigid system must make FF feel like a lobster out of water ....imo.stick him out on the left wing with license to cut inside is all that's required but neither he or carlos seem keen on doing that on a regular basis. 

Even with FF missing I'd still hope we'd be a 433 team, with 3 players from Hooper, Matias, Fletcher, Rhodes, Wallace etc being asked to play up top causing the opposition problems. 

I think having Reach and Hunt as attacking full backs and 3 central midfielders we can still be a decent team without Fernando 

• Like 1

Guest BULGARIA
1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

I am sure there were those predicting this before the window closed.

well, they would have been correct then.

think i would have been one of them.

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Even with FF missing I'd still hope we'd be a 433 team, with 3 players from Hooper, Matias, Fletcher, Rhodes, Wallace etc being asked to play up top causing the opposition problems. 

I think having Reach and Hunt as attacking full backs and 3 central midfielders we can still be a decent team without Fernando 

With the current players we have a 3,5,2 is the way to go, we won't, but it's the way forward.

13 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Well that's another dimension taken away from our armoury. We now have no player who can beat a man and create something out of nothing. Mid table mediocrity with defensive first half performances hoping to sneak a goal second half. Not looking good

we've always got a goal in us and we are sound defensively  our clean sheet records tells us that i'm still pretty confident we'll be challenging for the top 6 

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I am sure FF isn't bothered about my opinion of him but anyone on £25k per week who refused to pay for more money is not worth the famous blue and white (ahem) shirt.

Because I don't hope you get injured because that'd be a pretty sh*tty thing to wish on someone. 

Nando might be a bit of a knob, but still.