BREAKING - FORESTIERI OUT FOR THREE MONTHS

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It's going to be one of those seasons isn't it. 

He hasnt been right since the end of last season 

There is no way we will be pretending he is injured if that is what some are suggesting? How would that help us either on the pitch or in the transfer market. 

It's standard practice in football

Players get 'injured' then moved on in the January transfer window or end of the season

Happens all the time

Owlstalk Shop

Chances are this gives Abdi 3 months to prove, that if we play a diamond, hes the man for the tip of it.

Likelihood is if FF was fit and not in the starting line up, Abdi would be struggling to make the bench given how far he's fallen down the pecking order since being injured (most of the last year). 

FF would have been able to cover 3 positions from a bench perspective. 

Big 4 months now for the likes of Matias, Joao and Abdi I feel for their SWFC careers. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yes.

Yes it is

Happens all the time

Has happened at SWFC loads over the years too

Just remember fans accused him of "not being injured" when he missed the Aston Villa away game last season, then he missed the run in, was videoed doing rehab and was genuinely injured then rushed back

He's now having an op on his knee that he was rushed back from injury on.....

Conspiracies and rumours based on nothing help no one.

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Chances are this gives Abdi 3 months to prove, that if we play a diamond, hes the man for the tip of it.

Likelihood is if FF was fit and not in the starting line up, Abdi would be struggling to make the bench given how far he's fallen down the pecking order since being injured (most of the last year). 

FF would have been able to cover 3 positions from a bench perspective. 

Big 4 months now for the likes of Matias, Joao and Abdi I feel for their SWFC careers. 

I honestly don't see any of those three starting unless we have a crisis.

Joao won't get near the a shirt if Hooper, Fletch and Rhodes remain fit.

Abdi has to get past Bannan, Jones, Butters and Lee. Probably Hutch too, though imo he shouldn't be in midfield. Abdi has a fraction of the impact of the others.

Matias won't get past Wallace, Boyd and Reach.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Abdi has to get past Bannan, Jones, Butters and Lee. Probably Hutch too, though imo he shouldn't be in midfield. Abdi has a fraction of the impact of the others.

I disagree with that, purely because Matias has something none of those have - a really good burst of pace. Now we've no FF we really have no-one with that ability.

I think we could see MM involved quite a bit now, providing he's actually fit.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Joao could possibly make the bench as second striker, which if were losing or 0-0 at home he might get 15 minutes. Same with Matias if someone isn't fully fit, 3 games in a week etc. Its a squad competition. 

If we play a diamond, Abdi is the best suited in our side to play that.

Again, he might get some time off the bench, thats down to the player to do something to make a statement as to why they should be considered. At the minute, non of them have done that.  

If we play 4-4-2 and 2 in central midfield, i agree hes probably not going to get a look in at present. 

But all of those players, if they get a sniff off the bench, would have to make a mark. 

Let's just keep eye on Fessi social media he'll more than likely post a picture of clinic or even his bandages if it is true. Considering back during summer he posted pics of gyms in Watford and Watford shopping centre etc he'll post something in relation to injury if he really is injured 

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Looking for an upside and that is that difficult decisions don't have to be made.

Personally,I'd rather he were fit and Carlos made those decisions.

I agree on both counts.

In a perfect world, everyone stays fit and Carlos makes the most of them.

In reality Carlos has been more successful when his options are limited. And this is particularly true of Nando. Carlos just can't find the right role/system for him. 

I would put put my house on our results between now and his return being far better than when Carlos sticks him up top.