Daftest Moments as a Fan

Early 90s, away game at bristol (city I think). Got as far as clay cross on M1 before traffic ground to a halt due to being knee deep in snow. Got off bus, had snowball fight wi some Sunderland fans and decided to walk about a mile into clay cross into first pub. Spent quite a few hours in pub (listened to results come in from games that went ahead that day) then decided to walk back to M1 to find the bus had only moved about half a mile. Best away match I never went to!! lol

• Haha 1

Semi Final v The Unwashed

Just got sat in our seats when Chrissy W decides to smash a 25 yarder into the top corner.

My mate decides to jump all over a copper who is stood bang side of him, he shakes him so much his Booby hat falls off and topples down the concrete steps.

As the copper goes to get it my mate rips his brand new t-shirt off and throws it away thinking the copper won't recognise him when he comes back.

Luckily the copper is not from SYP and has a sense of humour, mate spends rest of the day with no shirt.

17 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The old Star newspaper seller, who walked along the front of The Kop, chucking his hat in the air to shouts of olé

Yes remember him well, there was a clip of a goal at the Kop end on TV once and you could see the airborne flat cap :-)

18 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The old Star newspaper seller, who walked along the front of The Kop, chucking his hat in the air to shouts of olé

One game he was walking behind the goal with a full bag of stars over his shoulder when a stray shot fizzed past the post and hit the advertising hoardings.

As it bounced up the old star seller cool as you like flipped it back over his head to the keeper ( think Girouds famous goal last season) to a huge Raaaaaaaaaay from the crowd and right on cue the flat cap was in the air again...................never dropped it either.

On 9/3/2017 at 21:55, mkowl said:

Away games in London are generally filled with daft moments mainly because Wednesday fans using the tube Don't follow the local rules of being miserable. So i just like to observe the total bemusement of the locals or indeed tourists as 10 - 20 lads who have had a few sing a few songs or even worse engage in conversation with them. 

this happened after fulham a few weeks ago, two young ladies having been at a wedding all day getting bombarded by 10 or so wednesday fans all singing steven fletchers name

Was working in Scotland away and doing two weeks on two weeks off. Putting faith in the girlfriend at the time as I and couldn't  sort tickets for the Wembley  game against the pigs. Asked if she could sort it......... Was Sat surrounded by blunts when The patron Saint of skill CW scored that free kick..... Hmmm yes! lol

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 21:46, @owlstalk said:

Most definitely one that sticks out the most is when the whole ground was totally silent for a minutes silence

People were observing it immaculately

It was deathly quiet

The players were on the centre circle with the referee with their heads down in reserved respectful silence

It was verging on emotional

Then.....

A guy walks up from the concourse on the North Stand shouting 'DAVE - DO YOU WANT KETCHUP ON YOUR HOT DOG?'

Didn't go down well amongst many but the poor guy had no idea what was going on

Was VERY funny

lol

Chortle.......I remember that #blast from the past. I must admit I've enjoyed reading the various tales and the comments and pictures over the cake, it's been a little reminder not to take things too seriously.

Spending 12 hours on a coach heading back from Luxembourg with an overflowing broken chemical toilet was interesting. Being dropped off by the supporters coach after a mid week game darn sarf then hanging around Sheffield for several hours freezing my nuts off waiting for the first train back up to Leeds.......Mum thought I was bonkers. 

WAWAW

• Haha 1

One that sticks in my mind was home game against Watford, we won 2-1 and Shefki Kuqi scored the winner. I remember at half time been sat on the south stand, and seeing Ozzie Owl signing autographs and high fiving these kids who must have been around 5/6 years old, next minute he's walked back to the tunnel and must have tripped up because all you saw was this giant owls head rolling back out of the tunnel and all the kids were screaming and getting tearful lol