Daftest Moments as a Fan

Not so much daftest moment, more gallows humour, my mate couldn't watch the penalties against Huddersfield, after the Forestieri one I told him he had xxxxxxxxxxx saved it, (obviously he already knew by the crowd reaction)  but don't worry he's scored the rebound.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

The best thing about that night was some fans had paid £50 each to have a hot dog and watch from an exec box. They literally saw absolutely nothing other than rockets shooting past the roof of the South Stand all night.

Overpriced corporate events not a new phenomenon after all then......

During the cuddly toy phase remember going to Wolves away and the stewards somewhat bemused by everyone loaded with them in pockets.

Then the 20 minutes of chaos 

Deejayone has just mentioned in another thread about a world record air guitar attempt by an ageing rock band at half time during one of our home games around a decade ago. Pretty cheesy stuff by all accounts.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Deejayone has just mentioned in another thread about a world record air guitar attempt by an ageing rock band at half time during one of our home games around a decade ago. Pretty cheesy stuff by all accounts.

Saxon - most people were in the bar.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Have a read of this: http://iloveairguitar.blogspot.co.uk/2007_01_01_archive.html

Hilarious.

Yes, the world record was rescinded after it couldn't be proven that anyone actually took part. :laugh:

• Haha 4

Turf Moor first home night game couple of years ago league cup 

Got in ground early straight from work sat down eat me tea drank me tea stood up stuck to seats brand new levi 501's and My original Harrington Jacket now have claret paint across back and legs sat in wrong area sectioned off for segregation gloss painted that afternoon .

Burnley Turf Moor on a par with the Estadio Bernaubau. ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Told this story a few times but in a TV game v Barnsley one of their fans was on the Kop with his Wednesday supporting mates. Any way the idiot jumped up when they equalised. Someone launched a pie at him which he ducked hitting me on the nose. 2nd shock was that it was warm

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That Huddersfield game about 5 years ago? 

Was the one where Potter did the three corners of doom. 

Think we were on the brink of going out of business too. 

Needless to say it got so bad that night we had grown men in the crowd pointing and laughing at the team. 

You know it's going well when it's gone beyond booing/shouting to laughing. 

That pretty much sums up quite a bit of the 70's......South Yorkshire sarcasm knew no bounds.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Most definitely one that sticks out the most is when the whole ground was totally silent for a minutes silence

People were observing it immaculately

It was deathly quiet

The players were on the centre circle with the referee with their heads down in reserved respectful silence

It was verging on emotional

Then.....

A guy walks up from the concourse on the North Stand shouting 'DAVE - DO YOU WANT KETCHUP ON YOUR HOT DOG?'

Didn't go down well amongst many but the poor guy had no idea what was going on

Was VERY funny

Lol

Owlstalk Shop

Away games in London are generally filled with daft moments mainly because Wednesday fans using the tube Don't follow the local rules of being miserable. So i just like to observe the total bemusement of the locals or indeed tourists as 10 - 20 lads who have had a few sing a few songs or even worse engage in conversation with them.