Daftest Moments as a Fan

Oh soooo meny, not just club related but owlstalk related as well.

The Steve Howard fax at Luton.

Terry henfleet

The yeovil 9 man draw.

Potters corners

Going to Stockport one year to see a the home penalty area covered in more teddy bears than grass.

I'm sure there are more. But I'll let others tell the tales.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, vulva said:

Buying a centre forward allergic to grass. 

To be fair we've also bought a fair few that are seemingly allergic to a football.

The firework special that Sheffield Wednesday did where they sat everyone on the South Stand and set off a shedload of big rockets

They set off (like a rocket) straight up in the air 

And kept going 

Then when they exploded up in the sky all those who'd paid to see them couldn't see em due to the South Stand roof

lol

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC

Owlstalk Shop

That Huddersfield game about 5 years ago? 

Was the one where Potter did the three corners of doom. 

Think we were on the brink of going out of business too. 

Needless to say it got so bad that night we had grown men in the crowd pointing and laughing at the team. 

You know it's going well when it's gone beyond booing/shouting to laughing. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The firework special that Sheffield Wednesday did where they sat everyone on the South Stand and set off a shedload of big rockets

And kept going 

Then when they exploded up in the sky all those who'd paid to see them couldn't see em due to the South Stand roof

lol

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC

Remember this very well! "Owls after Dark" if I recall the name. Good idea and we were near the front row but still wasn't he best move!

Neon Leon getting injured in 'celebration' kicking the boards after scoring in one of our biggest games in recent years and then Palace hard man taking one on the chin from a fan after our subsequent failure that day. :picnic: 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And kept going 

lol

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC

Brilliant! When was that?

I remember having a stand up shouting fight with Chris Bart Williams during the home game where we got hammered by Nottingham Forest and Trevor Francis finally got sacked for ruining our football club

He ran towards the Kop with the ball at his feet and just couldn't control it and it ended up going out for a goal kick due to his total lack of skill

I told him so as he clattered into the advertising boards

He stood up and shouted at me to F*** OFF

So we had a bit of a 'do'

He gave as good as he got

Eventually he walked away thinking he'd won the day but soon changed his mind about that when I saw him in Cairo Jax later that night

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Probably choosing to go to my first match for my 6th birthday rather than have a party with th my friends. A decision severely influenced by my Dad I guess

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember having a stand up shouting fight with Chris Bart Williams during the home game where we got hammered by Nottingham Forest and Trevor Francis finally got sacked for ruining our football club

He ran towards the Kop with the ball at his feet and just couldn't control it and it ended up going out for a goal kick due to his total lack of skill

I told him so as he clattered into the advertising boards

He stood up and shouted at me to F*** OFF

So we had a bit of a 'do'

He gave as good as he got

Eventually he walked away thinking he'd won the day but soon changed his mind about that when I saw him in Cairo Jax later that night

lol

Which ultimately meant you were both losers that night!

My mate catching a load of flavoured milk cartons lobbed into the crowd at half time during yep a Milk Cup tie by the sponsors. They tested awful so we spent most of the 2nd half throwing them round the Kop.

Guest Deleted member
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And kept going 

lol

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC

The best thing about that night was some fans had paid £50 each to have a hot dog and watch from an exec box. They literally saw absolutely nothing other than rockets shooting past the roof of the South Stand all night.

Millwall away when they scored and goal got disallowed, Millwall players didn't realise and carried on celebrating whilst we took a quick free kick and went down other end and Frank Simec scored to give us a very important 1-0 win.

To say them Millwall fans were upset was an understatement. :tango:

• Haha 3