Daftest Moments as a Fan

An old mate wanted to go to watch Wednesday v Liverpool at Hillsborough in the 80's but his dad wouldn't allow him to because he was only 12 and it was going to be a big crowd.  Anyway his dad was off to work and wouldn't be back until about 10.30pm so he calculated that he could go to the match with his mate and get back well before his dad got back from work. That night he sat in the room with his dad feeling smug that he been to the game and his dad hadn't found out so as was the tradition Match of the Day and then off to bed.

This is what they sat down to watch until the horror dawned on my mate when the video reached 22 seconds with him in full glory on the back of the Kop. lol

His dad eventually saw the funny side.

• Haha 6

Guest addedtime
15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember having a stand up shouting fight with Chris Bart Williams during the home game where we got hammered by Nottingham Forest and Trevor Francis finally got sacked for ruining our football club

He ran towards the Kop with the ball at his feet and just couldn't control it and it ended up going out for a goal kick due to his total lack of skill

I told him so as he clattered into the advertising boards

He stood up and shouted at me to F*** OFF

So we had a bit of a 'do'

He gave as good as he got

Eventually he walked away thinking he'd won the day but soon changed his mind about that when I saw him in Cairo Jax later that night

lol

Ah, but was it Cairos or Jax???

Guest addedtime
37 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

An old mate wanted to go to watch Wednesday v Liverpool at Hillsborough in the 80's but his dad wouldn't allow him to because he was only 12 and it was going to be a big crowd.  Anyway his dad was off to work and wouldn't be back until about 10.30pm so he calculated that he could go to the match with his mate and get back well before his dad got back from work. That night he sat in the room with his dad feeling smug that he been to the game and his dad hadn't found out so as was the tradition Match of the Day and then off to bed.

This is what they sat down to watch until the horror dawned on my mate when the video reached 22 seconds with him in full glory on the back of the Kop. lol

His dad eventually saw the funny side.

My first ever game that. Sat on the North stand and burnt my tongue on red hot Oxo.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember having a stand up shouting fight with Chris Bart Williams during the home game where we got hammered by Nottingham Forest and Trevor Francis finally got sacked for ruining our football club

He ran towards the Kop with the ball at his feet and just couldn't control it and it ended up going out for a goal kick due to his total lack of skill

I told him so as he clattered into the advertising boards

He stood up and shouted at me to F*** OFF

So we had a bit of a 'do'

He gave as good as he got

Eventually he walked away thinking he'd won the day but soon changed his mind about that when I saw him in Cairo Jax later that night

lol

I had driven back from Germany to watch that game and left after about 20 minutes.

18 hours ago, bradowl said:

Millwall away when they scored and goal got disallowed, Millwall players didn't realise and carried on celebrating whilst we took a quick free kick and went down other end and Frank Simec scored to give us a very important 1-0 win.

To say them Millwall fans were upset was an understatement. :tango:

oh to have a youtube clip of that lol epic

A classic for me was an Xmas game I'm guessing early 90's, a brass band was brought on to play Carols at half time and positioned where the dug outs are, by some cruel twist of fate there was a problem with the speakers relaying the sound onto the Kop and all we got stood there was an awful cacophony of the odd blasts of tuneless brass (it made Lou Reed’s Metal Machine Music sound like Beethoven) the general word on the Kop was what the f*** is this w***, the band who were probably very good and playing very well had to leave the field via the Kop end and were roundly booed as they left.

I was still laughing for days after.

Edited by toppOwl

my younger bro standing his ground with the man u fans many years ago ,he was with his mates at the time ,so they were ready for battle or so he thought when he turned around his mate's had legged it and left him to it  and the silly buggar just turned back  around and carried on giving the man u fans lip ,lol

Watford away late 1970s/early 1980s. The game where we were 4-0 down by half time. My mate got ejected for jumping over a turnstyle and not paying. Then re-appeared 15 mins later, after jumping the turnstyle for a 2nd time, only to get ejected twice. Then re-appeared for a third time.

We had fans on the roof, pulling it to pieces. There was a lottery ticket office outside the stand selling lottery tickets when we went in, but It was completely gone, kicked to pieces, by the end of the game.

We stood getting coins pelted at us by Watford fans all game. I went home with my entrance fee (almost) in loose change.