*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

6 hours ago, Grandad said:

Only read 3 pages and want to be sick

Infact I'm completely sick of all this.

This is what happens when you run a large company as a dictatorship. You don't trust people to make decisions. People need to stop blaming people at the club, in the commercial department, Joe Palmer.

Every decision at the club, EVERY DECISION, is made by the Chairman. Every decision. That's why the training ground isn't finished, that's why we've sold a handful of executive boxes, that's why we've launched a scheme to lend him some money, that's why we have no shirt sponsor, that's why only a handful of local companies now sponsor us, that's why we've sold less than half the available tickets for Monday's celebration, that's why we're the most expensive club in the league to watch, that's why other clubs fans are boycotting us, that's why some loyal fans can no longer attend, that's why we are playing in Ipswich kits and that's why we look like we may be on the verge of an embargo under FFP.

But hey. You guys carry on clapping. You get what you deserve. 

It's about time someone spoke the truth and said it how it is. Well done and thank you. 

• Thanks 1

So going in house to make more profit actually means using some small company in Australia who can't cope with the order and so any extra profit will be completely lost by low sales because let's face it, loads of people won't bother getting one now. 

Lets hope this is a lesson learnt and DC is doing a deal with UA, Nike, Adidas etc for next year. 

Well, I have an inherent distrust for the Chansiri family (brother and father not so much Dejphon) because of matters far removed from football. I suspected that things would never be as rosy as they first appeared when DC came along but it cannot be denied that the level of cash injection has been very, very welcome to the club. Hopefully, what has been seen so far are just teething problems that can occur in any long term project.

A date for the launch should have been set in stone before the end of last season for no later than mid July.......................an all singing , all dancing big glossy media fest with as many old owls heroes as you could find there to support the squad as they paraded the 150 th Anniversary kit............one that preferably was immediately identifiable as WEDNESDAY.

DC has pumped in a huge amount of money to try and get us promoted, but surely after this debacle he will recognize the need to let trusted lieutenants do THEIR job.

7 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

So going in house to make more profit actually means using some small company in Australia who can't cope with the order and so any extra profit will be completely lost by low sales because let's face it, loads of people won't bother getting one now. 

Lets hope this is a lesson learnt and DC is doing a deal with UA, Nike, Adidas etc for next year. 

I'd like Umbro myself. They seem to make some classy kits and are a British company (i believe)..

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'm starting to think we are cursed, we have a chairman who hails from one of the richest families in Thailand, has no experience of football or running a football team and it's starting to show.

Only we could balls up such an important year in our clubs history.

That bit I Don't get because running a football club is no different to running any other business when it comes to basics. 

Football is only different because you run it at a loss in the hope someone more gullible than you buys you out 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Joking aside that's exactly what should be happening. Choosing kits now would mean it was in the store for the end of the season and could be announced at the last game

I posted last night after a big night out and wish I hadn't now. Been frustrated for a long time now. Nobody can fault the Chairman for his investment in the team, it's been done at an extraordinary level.

But that doesn't mean that everything is rosy. 

You're big night out enabled you to vent you're true feelings Nigel. You posted what a sizeable chunk of the fanbase are thinking and saying and I dont just mean people who post on here either.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Joking aside that's exactly what should be happening. Choosing kits now would mean it was in the store for the end of the season and could be announced at the last game

I posted last night after a big night out and wish I hadn't now. Been frustrated for a long time now. Nobody can fault the Chairman for his investment in the team, it's been done at an extraordinary level.

But that doesn't mean that everything is rosy. 

It was a great polemic.

Of course when you get into the detail of the charge sheet some points are more clear cut than others; and some are more trivial than others.  And there is clearly a whole set of positives to set against this.

But the basic point is fair I think. He doesn't have or at least doesn't use capable trusted executives anything like enough.  And that seems to be true on the playing side of the club as well as on the commercial side.

This episode may well be a sufficiently visible failure to cause him to take stock.