*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

23 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Given it's turning into a PR disaster I absolutely would have expected the club to say they were seeking legal advice.

Wouldn't you? 

Not really no. I don't see that such a statement would appease the hoardes of angry masses at the gates demanding to know when the shirts will be here!

"When's shirt coming like?"

"Dunno pal. But we're seeking legal advice on the company that shafted us with no lube."

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

With General Carlos in charge the Germans would have never been attacked

"on the blow of my whistle men, we are going the top and run at the enemy - well, we'll climb onto the wall then climb back down and then go up and down the trench a while before Private Lees launches a grenade into no mans land"

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

"Technically in the industry a bigger brand will give a team a cheque to sponsor them but then they'll charge them through the roof on all the pricing - and the club will have to wait six months for delivery on everything," he said.

"What we've established is more of a dedicated partnership model, whereby we wouldn't give them any cash, but they buy product at a more effective price and they'd get it a lot faster.

"We can actually be a lot more nimble than the bigger players to give the customer what they want.

Feck me.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

I wonder if the speed with which we get the product is related to the effective price paid.

And if so, if we've deemed an effective price to be £f*ck.all 

14 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Hoardes of angry masses at the gates? 

When end did this happen? Have an opinion by all means but don't be silly. 

I did get a bit carried away there didn't I?

What I mean to say is that in this PR forkup around shirts; releasing a statement to the effect of "we're looking at suing company X for non delivery of products" is unlikely to temper opinion that the whole thing had been an unmitigated disaster. 

Now, if they'd announced earlier in the summer that they'd been shafted by company X, were seeking legal advice AND were sourcing a replacement manufacturer that would have gone down better than this late-to-none communication currently being undertaken at the club.

Edited by Anonymouse
A word

This is a sign. A sign that we should be wearing stripes. Even God ain't happy we look like Ipswich. If we wear stripes next season, I guarantee the shirts will be on sale before this season even finishes.

Forgive us Lord!

Guest We Shall Overcome
3 hours ago, torres said:

Some people at our club are stealing a living. Sunday league clubs are run better than ours at times. 

Not just the Kit, but general merchandise, PR, ticket pricing, recruitment etc totally shocking 

Your right about them stealing a living, especially the ones posing as Coaches and Footballers!

Someone remind me how DC made his money? Extortionate ticket prices, empty boxes, completely botched kit purchase- the bloke hasn't got a clue how to run a football club and or the humility to delegate to those that do. 

If the performances on the on the pitch continue to deteriorate I worry the wheels will fall off.

59 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

"Technically in the industry a bigger brand will give a team a cheque to sponsor them but then they'll charge them through the roof on all the pricing - and the club will have to wait six months for delivery on everything," he said.

"What we've established is more of a dedicated partnership model, whereby we wouldn't give them any cash, but they buy product at a more effective price and they'd get it a lot faster.

"We can actually be a lot more nimble than the bigger players to give the customer what they want.

Feck me.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

In fairness I think they have turned the shirts round quick just not quite as quick as hoped.

4 minutes ago, Carbone said:

A wake up to all of you who think that our problems are all down to Carlos. Truth is we are a very poorly run club right now.

Dave Richards era, Dave Allen era...they were poorly run.........the Chansiri regime is still in it's infancy, it's doing OK, not perfect but some things take time & other things can bite you in the ass despite best efforts.

We're moving forward not backward, things are going to get better & better with Chansiri running things a few stuff ups & mistakes aside...this kit thing is very disappointing but it's hardly a deal breaker, I am sure whoever will learn from it.....it only spoils the 150th if you let it & some are reading this thread, the celebration lasts all season not just one weekend in the park, as disappointing as it might be it's something you just have to get over, quicker the better.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

tinpot, absolute balls up by all concerned and NOWHERE near good enough.

this allied to NO marquee friendly, embarrassing marketing, begging fans for fundraising and a lack of investment during the summer should lead to heads rolling. Wouldn't stand for it in any other business and if it was in my line or work as a senior manager i'd be queing on west st at the dole office come Monday morning.

DC can't cut his own head off can he?

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Someone remind me how DC made his money? Extortionate ticket prices, empty boxes, completely botched kit purchase- the bloke hasn't got a clue how to run a football club and or the humility to delegate to those that do. 

If the performances on the on the pitch continue to deteriorate I worry the wheels will fall off.

Holy effin hell.....scuse me while I go & top myself.....FFS