*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

1 hour ago, the monk said:

One of the funniest threads ever

I didn't realise how many drama queens we had.

"On our 150th aniversary" sob sob

" I wanted to buy one at owls in the park"

Sniff sniff

" those nasty men with guns will be round in 7 months forcing me to buy yet another kit" squeal 

Funny thing is I went for a pint or 2 last night , the kit scandal never got a mention  

Perhaps it's because we were all over 16

If it's in your interests for the club to be successful and to to be able to sign the best players then you probably want the club to be better at making money.

Ideally you probably want the club to be better at making money beyond charging you and your other over 16 mates extortionate amounts for your season tickets or turnstile entry. 

We don't need that Leeds fan with the weird obsession about it to come along and tell us we don't make anywhere near enough money as a club from our commercial activities. Not having the kit available for Owls in the Park which - let's face it, primarily exists to sell the kit to Mums and their kids - is a huge commercial disaster. 

Stuff like this and the thread also opened yesterday moaning about our ticket prices are linked in a very real way. 

25 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

We look pub league wearing this tacky looking bobbar. Two of last years promoted sides wore blue and white stripes from recognised kit suppliers so the argument that they are unlucky has been thoroughly debunked. Should never have dropped Puma or stripes.

Who has said blue and white stripes were unlucky?

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I've read this thread and im sorry , but I just can't understand why so many people are outraged at not been able to buy 2 kits that on the whole were deemed awful pieces of tat ? 

i don't get it , what's the crack ?

On the whole people seemed to like the Ipswich kit. 

55 minutes ago, 33 said:

It is piisspoor management

It is shocking.

Top and bottom they were ordered too late, surprisingly when the firm is making many others and they are on the other side of the planet and this is by a massive way the biggest order they have ever taken.

No warning signs there then...?

That lovely word contingency springs to mind

I think tbf this was the contingency

14 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

If it's in your interests for the club to be successful and to to be able to sign the best players then you probably want the club to be better at making money.

Ideally you probably want the club to be better at making money beyond charging you and your other over 16 mates extortionate amounts for your season tickets or turnstile entry. 

We don't need that Leeds fan with the weird obsession about it to come along and tell us we don't make anywhere near enough money as a club from our commercial activities. Not having the kit available for Owls in the Park which - let's face it, primarily exists to sell the kit to Mums and their kids - is a huge commercial disaster. 

Stuff like this and the thread also opened yesterday moaning about our ticket prices are linked in a very real way. 

Thats me told 

Alternatively we could buy players on 60k per week that actually play or even those on a piffling 17k that actually kick  a ball in 2 years 

That's a lot of shirts to flog in one week 

Edited by the monk

26 minutes ago, Walt said:

I wouldn't buy one anyway but my sons want the kits. Bit hard explaining to them the moral stance I'm taking instead of them getting the kit. Suppose they will have to man up sometime though, at 37 and 42 the should be ready for it.

*they aren't really that old.

They will be by the time it comes out.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Does anyone know if the cook has managed to source 6,000 free range eggs yet. No pressure on the catering team but it looks like we're looking at this cake to salvage the anniversary year......Jesus wept.

Tesco have apparently run out in Sheffield

14 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Only SWFC could balls up its 150 year anniversary. 

Its not not only an absolute shambles but it's embarrassing for the club and I'm afraid there's only one person to blame. For all the good he's done for our club of which we're all appreciative,  Mr Chansiri has to take the whole blame for this one. 

IMG_0072.GIF

That's a funny picture.

However the guy seems always to be counting it out with a view to paying for something.

Let's not get too critical & make him want out.

Unless you want Allen (2) and offers of £350k for everyone.

Just talked to a relative of mine who works in the fashion industry about this and she said she'd be surprised if it arrives by Christmas by the sounds of it.

With the logistics of the manufacturing, obtaining materials getting it to factories this takes months to set up. As well as that shipping from Asia typically takes 6 weeks unless you go for the much more expensive version of flying it over.

Most fashion companies at the minute are manufacturing spring - summer 2018 at the moment. It's generally a 6 month process from the design being approved. Then you have to transport it and store ready for retail.

Will hopefully be a nice Christmas present! 

It can only been bad management that keeps causing wee wee tail ups like this.

Lets face it, on a lot smaller budget, they're brilliant at the commercial side over at S2. So you can't blame location, money or anything else other than ourselves. 

Truly unbelievable that we've messed up our 150th year so wildly. 

14 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

That's a funny picture.

However the guy seems always to be counting it out with a view to paying for something.

Let's not get too critical & make him want out.

Unless you want Allen (2) and offers of £350k for everyone.

Apart of course for the dosh from the £49 tickets and the £2000 plaques.