*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

It is piisspoor management

It is shocking.

Top and bottom they were ordered too late, surprisingly when the firm is making many others and they are on the other side of the planet and this is by a massive way the biggest order they have ever taken.

No warning signs there then...?

That lovely word contingency springs to mind

17 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Agree mate, can't wait to see his face after school when I tell him 

Excellent! He will be on cloud 9 mate - hope you both have a good one and obviously 3 points to the Owls! You never know, we might start to play some exciting, attacking football. Cheers.

Best thing they could do now is state that these will be our kits for the next 2 seasons...only this will allow justification for top dollar pricing. Anyone buying one now needs assurance that it won't change in 8 months. Utter shambles. What's even worse is that the old kit is still full price.

I've read this thread and im sorry , but I just can't understand why so many people are outraged at not been able to buy 2 kits that on the whole were deemed awful pieces of tat ? 

i don't get it , what's the crack ?

Just don't buy one when they come out.

I've no sympathy with anyone that does buy one having moaned about the situation.

send a proper message to the club instead of queuing up to hand over £50.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Have Nike, Umbro, Adidas, Under Armour, Sondico or Puma on speed dial.

You think they woud be falling over themselves to create a kit for us at that short notice ?  And consider what price they would charge again at such short notice ?  Or would the club be expected to subsidise that aswell 

33 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No watching the games so far I've noticed all kids in last seasons home and away so he'll be in last seasons home kit. At least he won't be the only one

That is absolutely disgusting from wedesday point of view surely discount or something to be added or kit to be given at later date or something. Can't believe how this club is running on a commercial side. Lost revenue and everything. 

Just now, Royal_D said:

You think they woud be falling over themselves to create a kit for us at that short notice ?  And consider what price they would charge again at such short notice ?  Or would the club be expected to subsidise that aswell 

We as fans are already paying top dollar so that should go some way to helping.

Would have ordered for May delivery

If they come on time they can be sold in June, if not then we have up to 3 months grace.

I would have been very careful to chosse a supplier that can cope. This order is bigger than their entire revenue from 2 years ago. Companies can have all sorts of issues dealing with this sort of growth from capacity to cash flow.

I would have been wary of ordering outside the normal channels for such an important kit launch. Those channels exist for a reason and often have capacity already allocated to them.

I would fertainly have been wary of ordering from a small firm, outside normal channels from Australia.

When they looked like being late; which was months ago I would have arranged air frieght. Dont know if we have or not but I would. The cost is not that high and negligible in the circumstances.

Trying to get lower manufacturing and supply costs is fine but are any of these likely to have been passed on? 

Doubt it because there is a developing culture of greed.

This is very, VERY simple stuff and it is shocking thst it has been managed so poorly.

Wonders why his Dad wont let him run the family business?

30 minutes ago, meadowview owl said:

Personally I wasn't buying anyway, they look crap and I have no doubt they are crap quality.

Instead of going with a reputable kit manufacturer, cutting corners to save a few quid will backfire in the long run as probably not as many will buy it now

We look pub league wearing this tacky looking bobbar. Two of last years promoted sides wore blue and white stripes from recognised kit suppliers so the argument that they are unlucky has been thoroughly debunked. Should never have dropped Puma or stripes.

Edited by TrueOwl

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I've read this thread and im sorry , but I just can't understand why so many people are outraged at not been able to buy 2 kits that on the whole were deemed awful pieces of tat ? 

i don't get it , what's the crack ?

Not outraged but the issue here is that yet again the CUSTOMER is being let down. AGAIN 

We have seemingly forgotten or dont care that fans are customers too.

Keep letting your customer down and that precious revenue that you seek will evaporate.

The easiest place to win additional revenue is by delighting your existing customers.

We can't even have hot food on the North for the first home game of tge season.

Even one of my apprentices of a few weeks could have sorted that out.

Really, really simple stuff that seems beyond us.

Can someone from the steering group ask DC to approach Umbro to do our kits for the 18/19 season moving forward. Get some good kits, good merchandise which will increase our turnover no end. Acknowledge, that we don't get as good a deal on front line suppliers against say a Sondico but we would sell much more, we would have a better looking shop and overall increase revenue for the club.

We have had too carp kits over the last 15 years or so. We are SWFC - we should have top quality kits made by top quality suppliers.

8 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Just don't buy one when they come out.

I've no sympathy with anyone that does buy one having moaned about the situation.

send a proper message to the club instead of queuing up to hand over £50.

I wouldn't buy one anyway but my sons want the kits. Bit hard explaining to them the moral stance I'm taking instead of them getting the kit. Suppose they will have to man up sometime though, at 37 and 42 the should be ready for it.

*they aren't really that old.

1 minute ago, Walt said:

I wouldn't buy one anyway but my sons want the kits. Bit hard explaining to them the moral stance I'm taking instead of them getting the kit. Suppose they will have to man up sometime though, at 37 and 42 the should be ready for it.

*they aren't really that old.

Yeah i can understand that with kids I suppose. 

Anyone else though is just asking to be mugged.