*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

Beyond a joke this. My kids always get the new kit at Owls in the park after weeks of me saying "Your not getting it this time" Why are we so poorly run when the guy in charge is a successful business man?

we should have jumped in with a major manufacturer and not Mickey Mouse Holdings LTD PLC

5 minutes ago, belfast owl lad said:

someone on here LET ME FINISH,has an avatar that mocks the blades,think it mimics beef stock/laughing stock kinda thing,he might want to have a rethink sadly.

Is there an avatar depicting maudlin self pity?

Guest Deleted member

Only read 3 pages and want to be sick

Infact I'm completely sick of all this.

This is what happens when you run a large company as a dictatorship. You don't trust people to make decisions. People need to stop blaming people at the club, in the commercial department, Joe Palmer.

Every decision at the club, EVERY DECISION, is made by the Chairman. Every decision. That's why the training ground isn't finished, that's why we've sold a handful of executive boxes, that's why we've launched a scheme to lend him some money, that's why we have no shirt sponsor, that's why only a handful of local companies now sponsor us, that's why we've sold less than half the available tickets for Monday's celebration, that's why we're the most expensive club in the league to watch, that's why other clubs fans are boycotting us, that's why some loyal fans can no longer attend, that's why we are playing in Ipswich kits and that's why we look like we may be on the verge of an embargo under FFP.

But hey. You guys carry on clapping. You get what you deserve. 

Allen, Strafford, Mandaric, Chansiri. Doesn't seem to matter who the chaiman is we always knolls up getting the new shirts into the store on time.

What is it about this club that we fail so miserably when it comes to something as basic as this? If we want the shirts available for the pre-season then just start the whole process earlier. A 6 year old could work that one out!

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Only read 3 pages and want to be sick

Infact I'm completely sick of all this.

This is what happens when you run a large company as a dictatorship. You don't trust people to make decisions. People need to stop blaming people at the club, in the commercial department, Joe Palmer.

Every decision at the club, EVERY DECISION, is made by the Chairman. Every decision. That's why the training ground isn't finished, that's why we've sold a handful of executive boxes, that's why we've launched a scheme to lend him some money, that's why we have no shirt sponsor, that's why only a handful of local companies now sponsor us, that's why we've sold less than half the available tickets for Monday's celebration, that's why we're the most expensive club in the league to watch, that's why other clubs fans are boycotting us, that's why some loyal fans can no longer attend, that's why we are playing in Ipswich kits and that's why we look like we may be on the verge of an embargo under FFP.

But hey. You guys carry on clapping. You get what you deserve. 

Must admit I can't help feeling we have all been a bit blinded by the cash influx. 

If certain things that are happening now had happened under previous Chairman, all hell would have broken loose.

How much allowance do you make though ? The guy is chucking bobbar loads of his own money at us.  Is wanting a well run club asking too much ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Must admit I can't help feeling we have all been a bit blinded by the cash influx. 

If certain things that are happening now had happened under previous Chairman, all hell would have broken loose.

How much allowance do you make though ? The guy is chucking bobbar loads of his own money at us.  Is wanting a well run club asking too much ?

If we were properly run he wouldn't have to chuck anywhere near as much money at it though would he? Executive boxes would all be sold, and merchandising revenues would be considerably higher just like at most clubs of similar size.

When it comes to exploiting the brand and the commercial possibilities other than what the fans pay to actually watch the games we are pretty poor at it and have been for decades.

Just now, Utah Owl said:

If we were properly run he wouldn't have to chuck anywhere near as much money at it though would he? Executive boxes would all be sold, and merchandising revenues would be considerably higher just like at most clubs of similar size.

When it comes to exploiting the brand and the commercial possibilities other than what the fans pay to actually watch the games we are pretty poor at it and have been for decades.

Good point.

I also firmly believe if our transfer policy hadn't been so disjointed and illogical, we'd also be better off financially.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Good point.

I also firmly believe if our transfer policy hadn't been so disjointed and illogical, we'd also be better off financially.

Not to mention better off on the pitch!

Guest Deleted member
7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Typed 3 replies and deleted all of them

It's just not worth getting upset about. Qué Sera Sera

45 minutes ago, qantas said:

Dave Richards era, Dave Allen era...they were poorly run.........the Chansiri regime is still in it's infancy, it's doing OK, not perfect but some things take time & other things can bite you in the ass despite best efforts.

We're moving forward not backward, things are going to get better & better with Chansiri running things a few stuff ups & mistakes aside...this kit thing is very disappointing but it's hardly a deal breaker, I am sure whoever will learn from it.....it only spoils the 150th if you let it & some are reading this thread, the celebration lasts all season not just one weekend in the park, as disappointing as it might be it's something you just have to get over, quicker the better.

If this message board had been around 50years ago its members would still be coming to terms with the fact that Englebert had stopped Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane - possibly pop's defining musical achievement - getting to Number 1. Then they would have had something to moan about. 

and a trifle expensive I'd say - will they postpone OIP & 150 Dinner until new kits arrive then have a hellova ding dong AND win a match by more than 2 clear goals??? Wake up Ash ya late for the salt mine..............................

• Haha 1

Feel really sorry for the kids who will have been counting the days until owls in the park and getting their new kit, they're going to be so disappointed when

they find out. Save mum and dad a few quid though.

Hope for DC's sake everything goes well on Monday night, he's making too many mistakes at the moment.