*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

1 hour ago, Halifax Owls said:

Does anyone know if the cook has managed to source 6,000 free range eggs yet. No pressure on the catering team but it looks like we're looking at this cake to salvage the anniversary year......Jesus wept.

It will doubtless have a soggy bottom regardless.

12 minutes ago, Owlsman82 said:

Just talked to a relative of mine who works in the fashion industry about this and she said she'd be surprised if it arrives by Christmas by the sounds of it.

With the logistics of the manufacturing, obtaining materials getting it to factories this takes months to set up. As well as that shipping from Asia typically takes 6 weeks unless you go for the much more expensive version of flying it over.

Most fashion companies at the minute are manufacturing spring - summer 2018 at the moment. It's generally a 6 month process from the design being approved. Then you have to transport it and store ready for retail.

Will hopefully be a nice Christmas present! 

I have a good mate who has been working for rugby kit manufacturers for ages.

6-8 weeks for a set of kit, and replica items for a couple of hundred. Largely made in China, which is currently being battered by storms.

He reckons that quantity plus shipping is at least 12 weeks, assuming it can be air freighted, which isn't cheap.

It's such a balls up.  How can we be so inept on this revenue stream, whilst bleating about fair play and coming up with hair brained ideas like the £1500 plaque.

Been following the mighty Owls since 1977 but can honestly say I have never been more uneasy about what is happening at our club regarding the simplest things like the kit, catering and PR.

Is it any wonder then fans start to stress about the more important things like the way we are playing,  recruitment and the manager and wonder if that is right. 

Yes I know we have been through some pretty bad times but with the chairman we have now you kind of expect things to be right but they are very obviously far from it. Come on Chansiri get a grip, losing those stripes has brought us no end of luck - not. 

42 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

Been following the mighty Owls since 1977 but can honestly say I have never been more uneasy about what is happening at our club regarding the simplest things like the kit, catering and PR.

Is it any wonder then fans start to stress about the more important things like the way we are playing,  recruitment and the manager and wonder if that is right. 

Yes I know we have been through some pretty bad times but with the chairman we have now you kind of expect things to be right but they are very obviously far from it. Come on Chansiri get a grip, losing those stripes has brought us no end of luck - not. 

never mind put a copy of " The Snake " on...it will make you feel better lol

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

It can only been bad management that keeps causing wee wee tail ups like this.

Lets face it, on a lot smaller budget, they're brilliant at the commercial side over at S2. So you can't blame location, money or anything else other than ourselves. 

Truly unbelievable that we've messed up our 150th year so wildly. 

Its not that unbelievable - I don't think the club cares and this is showing through in the lack of events / ideas / kits / celebrations etc.

lets face it the chairman probably didn't know who Sheffield Wednesday were 3 years ago - the sense of history isn't there for those who could have done something about it.

the club haven't done a single thing with the supporters in mind for the event.

Just now, Vic Flange said:

lol bravo daveyboy but The Snake has never made me feel better unlike most of gods own music :biggrin:

A lot of people say that but I remember everyone dancing to it in Mr M's...if we had camera phones then I'd have evidence...but I keep reminding them. I sold mine after my four year daughter started playing it 30 times a day back in 1978   lol 

Guest Copthorneowl

Many suggesting the chairman would have the shirt off your back...........look on the bright side .......at least it won't be a new replica one.

17 hours ago, Grandad said:

Only read 3 pages and want to be sick

Infact I'm completely sick of all this.

This is what happens when you run a large company as a dictatorship. You don't trust people to make decisions. People need to stop blaming people at the club, in the commercial department, Joe Palmer.

Every decision at the club, EVERY DECISION, is made by the Chairman. Every decision. That's why the training ground isn't finished, that's why we've sold a handful of executive boxes, that's why we've launched a scheme to lend him some money, that's why we have no shirt sponsor, that's why only a handful of local companies now sponsor us, that's why we've sold less than half the available tickets for Monday's celebration, that's why we're the most expensive club in the league to watch, that's why other clubs fans are boycotting us, that's why some loyal fans can no longer attend, that's why we are playing in Ipswich kits and that's why we look like we may be on the verge of an embargo under FFP.

But hey. You guys carry on clapping. You get what you deserve. 

You keep drunk posting on here, making the world of difference.

11 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Gutted for my lad, he's 6 on September 12 which is night of the Brentford kit. The plan was to give him the kit on the morning of his birthday and him wear it for the game when he gets his final present, a mascot appearance 

How much is it these days to pay club for your child to be mascot? I was quoted  around £475 around 2 years ago , didn't pay it rip off.

11 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Gutted for my lad, he's 6 on September 12 which is night of the Brentford kit. The plan was to give him the kit on the morning of his birthday and him wear it for the game when he gets his final present, a mascot appearance 

Your a bugger with the negs but commiserations on that. Sincerely.

18 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

If the shirt potentially comes in Sep or even Oct then the price has to reduce because the shelf life is shorter for the season, surely?! It won't be cheaper but that's what should happen. 

Been saying same thing for a while, but I can see supporters getting even more fleeced for shirts than last season. Remember last season kids shirts were dearer than adults for 1 day minus vat , you can't make it up , they couldn't run a corner shop this lot , not even a 7 year old schoolboy would have made that error £55 adult £49 kids I refused to pay it that day and told them to there faces that's a joke considering vat is 20% 

• Like 1