Joost Van Aken Signs - OFFICIAL

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

Oh lighten up

It was tongue in cheek, based on our manager's tendency to play players out of position.

It's has been a long day...

Anyway, I don't think Carlos has ever played a player that ridiculously out of position. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ronio said:

What do you guys reckon, van Aken next to Tom Lees at the back?

I'm also keen to see the Portuguese lad and what he has to offer. I don't think you'd leave your club (that you're captain of) to come and be 3rd or 4th choice. 

Which is great, in past we've had so little in competition at CB we've played Lees and Loovens when ever fit, irrelevant of form. 

With these new signings CC could really shake things up if he had the cajones........

Westwood

Venacio          Lees        Van Aken

Hunt           Hutch           Bannan         Reach

Hooper           Rhodes         Forestieiri               

3 minutes ago, gazzatheowl said:

Can't wait to see his initiation video. Gunna have to film from a mile away to get him all in.

Those videos of new players initiations are like motorway car crashes. I don't want to look at them but because they're an appalling sight but I just can't help it. 

Has anyone made a joke about playing him out of position yet? Because that would be fuuuucking HILLARIOUS and be getting in a worthwhile dig at our manager :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

........oh they have.....a hundred times.......and it wasn't :sad:

51 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

With these new signings CC could really shake things up if he had the cajones........

Westwood

Venacio          Lees        Van Aken

Hunt           Hutch           Bannan         Reach

Hooper           Rhodes         Forestieiri               

With one of the best defenses in the league last year, I'll be very surprised if there is any interest in changing more than the personnel

Guest Kagoshimaowl

If his English is anything to go by, he'll be amazing.  His English is better than 90% of people from Sheffield!

33 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

If his English is anything to go by, he'll be amazing.  His English is better than 90% of people from Sheffield!

Which is not that surprising considering the percentage of people who live in Sheffield that aren't English, like Worksop or "Little Poland" as we call it :biggrin:.

Nothing against the Polish from me anyways and some of their chocolate bars are lush, like the one with the advocaat in it.

Adwokat.jpg

17 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Which is not that surprising considering the percentage of people who live in Sheffield that aren't English, like Worksop or "Little Poland" as we call it :biggrin:.

Nothing against the Polish from me anyways and some of their chocolate bars are lush, like the one with the advocaat in it.

Adwokat.jpg

You obviously don't have to work with them