Foresteri

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How many takers do you honestly think there would  be currently when you consider the wages he's on with us?

Too many get their perception of reality from football manager games. You make your mind up you no longer want a player and he's gone by 5pm the next day. If it were really that simple why were we lumbered with the likes of Lachmann, Dielna, Bus and McGugan for most or all of last season?

A lot of our squad have questionable resale value in the long run which is not healthy in terms of the rolling three year FFP implications. I guess Chansiri has the wherewithal to accept the losses on a purely bottom line basis though I doubt he'll be too happy if we don't get promoted in the next year or two.

21 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

As for Foresteri the bloke just doesn't want to be here. 

We are a man down with him playing, I want to see him back playing to his full potential but as things stand i just don't see how he's ever going to replicate his form from 2 years ago. 

Tonight was his opportunity to stake a claim

fkr Saturday, and one things for certain he hasn't done that. 

Get rid and reinvest in the squad 

Hanging out at u23 match yesterday to support the lads, sure sounds like someone who closed the door on swfc.

Guest We Shall Overcome
1 hour ago, canadianowl said:

I think a lot of players are disinterested.

...disinterested in playing for Carlos.

Absolutely Spot On!

24 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Who cost us the goals ? Conceding 3 to Bolton is poor really poor so who was at fault ?

First was a free kick unfairly given on FF as he tried to turn his man.  Floated in to the back post where Wilbraham beat Reach in the air and it fell to Dervitte.  Wildsmith should have saved it. 

Second was a break with Wildsmith making a terrible tackle to give away the pen. 

Third was given away by Palmer, a sloppy pass out, the cross was looped over Wildsmith. 

Im not sure any of the goals go in if Westwood plays. 

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

How many takers do you honestly think there would  be currently when you consider the wages he's on with us?

Given the money we'd want for him and his salary demands, it's only teams in the top 6-8 of the championship, the lower end of the Prem and then abroad that could actually afford him. 

And his performances are well below that level at the moment. 

So if we are looking to sell (either for team unity or more likely for FFP) we're probably just hoping someone takes a punt on his reputation at the moment. 

We've made a bit of a dogs dinner of his value by managing him poorly. If we wanted to sell, we've gone about it the wrong way. If we didn't want to sell, the man management of him has been terrible and it's no surprise he's out of form.  

7 hours ago, crookesowl said:

He'll be reyt.

Probably start v Burton and score a stunner. 

If he starts against Burton it means Carlos prefers him to an attack of Hooper-Fletcher.

Even Carlos won't split that up. Not yet anyway.

8 hours ago, ReddiOwl said:

Our first team

obviously someat wrong off the pitch,as well as on it,the team we put out was imo very strong and should have breezed into the next round,

we just look very,very disjointed,and these players have all played together,needs sorting very quickly

He's been the main man for the last 2 seasons but definitely seems out of sorts at the moment. Carlos not really knowing where to fit him in the team doesn't help.

I don't think he'll attract a bid that will persuade Chansiri to sell TBH, so I believe we've got him for the season as I also believe we've got Carlos for the season?

Hooper has taken over from Forrestieri as the player we can't do without but Forrestieri will still have his moments and hopefully we can be in and around the play-off places still but unless we go up, there'll be big changes here next season IMO?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

He's been the main man for the last 2 seasons but definitely seems out of sorts at the moment. Carlos not really knowing where to fit him in the team doesn't help.

I don't think he'll attract a bid that will persuade Chansiri to sell TBH, so I believe we've got him for the season as I also believe we've got Carlos for the season?

Hooper has taken over from Forrestieri as the player we can't do without but Forrestieri will still have his moments and hopefully we can be in and around the play-off places still but unless we go up, there'll be big changes here next season IMO?

You are correct that Carlos doesn't know where to play him, but type Forestieri into Watford's forum and you find the same debate about him on there. Started like a breath of fresh air, then struggled to nail down a place, with completely divided opinion about If and where he should play.