Foresteri

9 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

As for Foresteri the bloke just doesn't want to be here. 

We are a man down with him playing, I want to see him back playing to his full potential but as things stand i just don't see how he's ever going to replicate his form from 2 years ago. 

Tonight was his opportunity to stake a claim

fkr Saturday, and one things for certain he hasn't done that. 

Get rid and reinvest in the squad 

Correct, hes finished. Unfortunately its time to get rid, did nothing to win his place back in the team for saturday

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He's been the main man for the last 2 seasons but definitely seems out of sorts at the moment. Carlos not really knowing where to fit him in the team doesn't help.

I don't think he'll attract a bid that will persuade Chansiri to sell TBH, so I believe we've got him for the season as I also believe we've got Carlos for the season?

Hooper has taken over from Forrestieri as the player we can't do without but Forrestieri will still have his moments and hopefully we can be in and around the play-off places still but unless we go up, there'll be big changes here next season IMO?

Totally agree

13 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Correct, hes finished. Unfortunately its time to get rid, did nothing to win his place back in the team for saturday

Don't know about that but if Carlos puts him in first eleven on Saturday after that, he really has lost the plot. 

FF's stock reduces each week with his poor performances and maungy behaviour ..

his new contract which he spat his dummy out for won't be attractive neither to many clubs as well

we either need to get the best out of him, fast, get that arm round his shoulder, or start circulating his name around the leagues and abroad .. seems to be a right issue with him at the moment and we could do without the drama this season (again!)

29 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He undoubtedly has skill. At the moment he is not utilising his skill. 

Why?

Because he needs either an arm around his shoulders and remind him how good he really is.......in a wide left role.

Or

Because he needs a rollicking to get him up to speed again.

The only person who SHOULD know which of the 2 is needed is his manager even if it needs a bit of help from someone in the backroom staff.

Unfortunately it's perhaps too late for either. It will be difficult to just flick a switch and get him playing to his full potential after everything that has gone on. It should have been nipped in the bud BEFORE the Norwichgate situation.

If he needs someone to tell him how good he is while collecting around £40K a week then he is a lost cause, a brilliant player when he wants to be but I just don't think he wants to be here anymore. If so then even £6Million is double what we paid. 

The problem isn't ff, it's clearly Carlos, constantly rotating him and playing him out of position and negative tactics is what killing him, he's our most skilful and creative player and our team are as dull as iv ever seen them, 2 seasons ago when we were all out attack, he blossomed and its suits his style, he's not the only player I can mention that Carlos seems to make them look poor and won't be the last 

Can't work out if it's a lack of effort and interest in playing for us, or a lack of effort and interest playing under Carlos's management. If it's the latter then it's a problem,  because on his day he is the best in the league, but I can't see us sacking Carlos anytime soon. Anyway, Abdi and Winnall were 10x worse, Winnall is a grafter and a runner, he's a Tevez minus the technique, never seen someone with such a bad first touch its awful

As much as I think he's a mardy little t*sser at times, I agree that he's been ruined by tactical decision making over the past season or so.

If I was CC my approach would have been to start FF every game (if fit) on the left wing. If he refused to play there I'd have sold him after the Norwich debacle, hence avoiding all the endless drama since then.

I agree he's one of our brightest but no-one is bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

As much as I think he's a mardy little t*sser at times, I agree that he's been ruined by tactical decision making over the past season or so.

If I was CC my approach would have been to start FF every game (if fit) on the left wing. If he refused to play there I'd have sold him after the Norwich debacle, hence avoiding all the endless drama since then.

I agree he's one of our brightest but no-one is bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.

Plus the fact that Winnall hardly ever strikes a ball without falling over. Stevie Mayesque technique

Football is a TEAM sport. One person cannot dictate where or how he plays. Throwing strops , whether on the Practice ground or in match games, and not giving 100% effort when playing means a man who is top notch 50% of he time is 0% for the rest of the time, The manager is charged with achieving 100% from the players by the Owner. He must therefore expect 100% from his players. If a player decides he doesn't want to abide by the rules, he becomes not an asset, but a debit to the club. None of us expects to be at our best all the time, or have our own way all the time, but we do have to learn to accept that own ideas are not always best for the majority.

Much as it grieves me to say it, I believe that, to him, FF is bigger than the club, and nobody wants a petulant boy.  

13 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Ruined by been constantly rotated, played out of position and been the scapegoat for many!!

class player managed badly imo. 

Got to disagree. The minute he refused to play vs Norwich he lost any and all excuses. The fact that the club and management tried to appease him and make him happy is remarkable and he still doesn't seem to want to repay the faith. He's a child in a man's body and needs to act like a grown up for a change. He's got top half of the premier league talent, held back by his attitude and advisers/leeches.

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Said it before , we are a better SIDE without FF  . 

The first season he was electric , ever since the Norwich incident he has blown hot and cold . 

Sorry but that's just complete nonsense.

He's been the number 1 reason we've been able to challenge for promotion for the last 2 seasons. 

Without FF fit, happy and firing, we're a bang average championship team. 

7 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Sorry but that's just complete nonsense.

He's been the number 1 reason we've been able to challenge for promotion for the last 2 seasons. 

Without FF fit, happy and firing, we're a bang average championship team. 

Listen nobody was a bigger FF fan than me even before he came to us ....but there is a major problem with him and I think it affects the rest of the team 

He is a great player no doubt but at what cost ?  I personally do not think a change in manager will improve his mind set here .

I would bench him like we did back end of last season . or sell him . 

7 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Given the money we'd want for him and his salary demands, it's only teams in the top 6-8 of the championship, the lower end of the Prem and then abroad that could actually afford him. 

And his performances are well below that level at the moment. 

So if we are looking to sell (either for team unity or more likely for FFP) we're probably just hoping someone takes a punt on his reputation at the moment. 

We've made a bit of a dogs dinner of his value by managing him poorly. If we wanted to sell, we've gone about it the wrong way. If we didn't want to sell, the man management of him has been terrible and it's no surprise he's out of form.  

Really? He's started 2 games this season. Virtually everyone agreed he was our best outfield player at Preston.

He's barely played any competitive football since his injury at the back end of last season. An excuse that's always thrown out to explain the poor form of some of our less productive attackers. 

Honestly some of the comments towards FF from some fans are embarrassing. So spiteful. So needy. How dare this man not play at his best every second he's in a Wednesday shirt! Absolute bullshit.

Guest wilyfox

Talented guy, but a prime example of a player having had too much smoke blown up his arse. Has star quality - and he knows it. I believe we could sell and replace with someone maybe less talented, yet more effective, to improve the team overall.