Foresteri

24 minutes ago, ramone said:

I dont doubt the manager likes to change his line. But to suggest that FF's form has suffered is a bit daft as i'm sure he's had that all through his career.

What has effected him is the fact he's taken the hump against the club signing someone on more money than him and him refusing to play. Posting despicable photos on Instagram with him and a bike to undermine the club and then refusing to turn up to work. In any other line work thats gross misconduct and you'd be instantly dismissed. 

To then get a reprieve on that and turn in some (alot in my opinion) abject performances last season was the straw that broke the camels back for me. He should have ran himself to the ground last season to make up for that and he didnt.

To then start this season and give us the same problem is plain and simply inexcusable. Thats all brought on by himself and himself only. 

Not sure if you went last night but if you did, did you notice the friction between him and winnall? 

First point - i don't just think its FF who is suffering with this policy, i think a large proportion of the players are. FF certainly falls into this category tho!!

Second point - i think your reading to much into the bike thing, posting a photo of him on a bike isn't despicable really is it? We also know that footballers aren't in the real world and most of them are babies with lots of money.

Third & fourth point - Its not really the same problem. Yes i admit last season and the transfer saga was boarder line unforgivable but hes here, hes quality and he needs supporting not been made the scapegoat. Have we got the same problem this year...no. I suspect that FF's issue this year is our management which see's him as winger when he as clearly stated he wants to play through the middle. he as proved over the last two years he is capable as he as been our top scorer in 2 playoff campaigns. You wouldn't play a right winger at CH would you? (you never know with CC in charge)

Fifth point - no i didn't go simply because i couldn't be bothered with rushing back from work/Lincoln to dash up the M62. Yes i have heard some people mention this and to be fair it sounds like 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. Its a professional game and they should remain that way i totally agree. Like i said work shouldn't be personal...its work. I dislike some of my colleagues but i wouldn't jeopardise a job over it/them. Its about getting a job done!!

All in all i really think there is more to situation than just FF sulking, i personally feel there is large unrest people groups of players and i honestly think the dressing room is slowly slipping away from CC.

6 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

First point - i don't just think its FF who is suffering with this policy, i think a large proportion of the players are. FF certainly falls into this category tho!!

Second point - i think your reading to much into the bike thing, posting a photo of him on a bike isn't despicable really is it? We also know that footballers aren't in the real world and most of them are babies with lots of money.

Third & fourth point - Its not really the same problem. Yes i admit last season and the transfer saga was boarder line unforgivable but hes here, hes quality and he needs supporting not been made the scapegoat. Have we got the same problem this year...no. I suspect that FF's issue this year is our management which see's him as winger when he as clearly stated he wants to play through the middle. he as proved over the last two years he is capable as he as been our top scorer in 2 playoff campaigns. You wouldn't play a right winger at CH would you? (you never know with CC in charge)

Fifth point - no i didn't go simply because i couldn't be bothered with rushing back from work/Lincoln to dash up the M62. Yes i have heard some people mention this and to be fair it sounds like 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. Its a professional game and they should remain that way i totally agree. Like i said work shouldn't be personal...its work. I dislike some of my colleagues but i wouldn't jeopardise a job over it/them. Its about getting a job done!!

All in all i really think there is more to situation than just FF sulking, i personally feel there is large unrest people groups of players and i honestly think the dressing room is slowly slipping away from CC.

You make some fantastoc points pal but I going to politley say i take the complete and utter opposite stance to you on this.

Carlos has given me more to shout about in 2 years than Forestieri has so my loyalties lie with the manager on this. 

You our play the bike thing down as if it's nothing. It's just childish. You're taking the wee wee out of your supporters who aren't fortunate enough to be in a job where someone can be disgruntled because someone is earning 40k a week when you 'only' earn 30k. That insults me personally and it should insult you (unless you're an absolute baller and earn stupid money). 

And it's difficult to see how we haven't got the same problem. Alright, he's not refused to play but he's caused a scene in the dressing room and caused more problems. If a problem creates more problems then isn't it not the best idea to say goodbye to the problem? It is for me. 

I cant get excited about the player anymore. If he comes back into the side and bangs them in left right and centre I physically couldn't get excited. It's past that point for me now 

36 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

You actually know F all but that doesnt stop you  shouting your mouth off, 'Child in a mans body' what a ridiculous thing to say. You don't know him. you don't  know what happens behind closed dorrs, you haven't a clue, tell me expert on everything, Where do you think the are going wrong with the North Korean situation? Any opinion on the democratic opposition in Russia? What about the decline of the sparrow? Oh Lord of all knowledge please dispense your wisdom. Idiot, oh and here's a tip try not to be so dogmatic, use phrases, like 'it a appears to me', or 'it maybe', rather than showing yourself to be totally dumb as a stump but still opinionated by stating  your pseudo facts

Everything he said was true 

Youre one of those guys that lets your Mrs bang another bloke and then you take her back...

Edited by ramone

5 minutes ago, ramone said:

You make some fantastoc points pal but I going to politley say i take the complete and utter opposite stance to you on this.

Carlos has given me more to shout about in 2 years than Forestieri has so my loyalties lie with the manager on this. 

You our play the bike thing down as if it's nothing. It's just childish. You're taking the wee wee out of your supporters who aren't fortunate enough to be in a job where someone can be disgruntled because someone is earning 40k a week when you 'only' earn 30k. That insults me personally and it should insult you (unless you're an absolute baller and earn stupid money). 

And it's difficult to see how we haven't got the same problem. Alright, he's not refused to play but he's caused a scene in the dressing room and caused more problems. If a problem creates more problems then isn't it not the best idea to say goodbye to the problem? It is for me. 

I cant get excited about the player anymore. If he comes back into the side and bangs them in left right and centre I physically couldn't get excited. It's past that point for me now 

The line i have highlighted their, IMO, is the biggest issue with the clubs fans at the moment. People are holding onto the last two years...it appears to me like we are holding onto someone who is potentially ruining and wasting our best squad in nearly 2 decades based on sentiment alone.

I could care if FF walked the streets in roller blades and a bikini mate, that's his prerogative...i just want SWFC to finally make the next step up!!

We could go on all day with a difference of opinion to be fair but one thing i will say...with a new manager/settled approach, you would see the best of Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall, FF, Boyd etc... who ever was chosen on a regular/consistent basis would prove to be worthy because they are all quality players just not been used/managed in the right way IMO.

7 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The line i have highlighted their, IMO, is the biggest issue with the clubs fans at the moment. People are holding onto the last two years...it appears to me like we are holding onto someone who is potentially ruining and wasting our best squad in nearly 2 decades based on sentiment alone.

I could care if FF walked the streets in roller blades and a bikini mate, that's his prerogative...i just want SWFC to finally make the next step up!!

We could go on all day with a difference of opinion to be fair but one thing i will say...with a new manager/settled approach, you would see the best of Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall, FF, Boyd etc... who ever was chosen on a regular/consistent basis would prove to be worthy because they are all quality players just not been used/managed in the right way IMO.

I'm not sure it's a problem. I have faith in a loyal manager that's done is proud and got us challenging again. There's nothing to suggest he won't have us challenging again. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Your last line made some sense about a year or more ago. No longer.

Go back as recent to far back as you want and compare our results with him starting and without him starting. You will get a big shock when you realise how far you have to go back for him to have been worth a starting place on a regular basis.

Unless you are going back into 2016, Our results have been far better without him. Even prior there was nothing in it.

Here is every match against Championship oppos over the last 32 games:-

With FF

L L D D D W L L W W W D L W D W

Without FF

W D D W W W W W W D L L W D W W

Count back any number of games you chose and compare with and without. It hits you in the face.

Come on pal, that is so flawed.

yiu can't count 'without FF' when in many of those games we have significantly improved (both in performance and result) after he has come off the bench.

It has to be like for like - as I told you in the other thread.

32 minutes ago, ramone said:

How can Carlos have possibly given you more to shout about than FF???? I mean seriously!!!

Did you jump up and hug everybody about you like a lunatic when Carlos made a tactical switch?

or did you do that when FF smashed one in from 30 yards or did an over head kick and jumped into the away end?

By all means say you don't rate him. But to say Carlos has given you more entertainment with his yawn yawn slow and sideways approach.

absolute horses**t

And your last paragraph says more about your character than his.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

8 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How can Carlos have possibly given you more to shout about than FF???? I mean seriously!!!

Did you jump up and hug everybody about you like a lunatic when Carlos made a tactical switch?

or did you do that when FF smashed one in from 30 yards or did an over head kick and jumped into the away end?

By all means say you don't rate him. But to say Carlos has given you more entertainment with his yawn yawn slow and sideways approach.

absolute horses**t

And your last paragraph says more about your character than his.

He's taken us from being an unstable championship team to a team fighting for promotion. That's how. Or have I dreamt it. 

The fact you back a disloyal player says more about your character... 

15 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Come on pal, that is so flawed.

yiu can't count 'without FF' when in many of those games we have significantly improved (both in performance and result) after he has come off the bench.

It has to be like for like - as I told you in the other thread.

Tell me what games we have significantly improved in because him coming off the bench

10 minutes ago, ramone said:

He's taken us from being an unstable championship team to a team fighting for promotion. That's how. Or have I dreamt it. 

The fact you back a disloyal player says more about your character... 

He hasn't.

Mr Chansiri has done that.

Do you think Carlos would have got us in the top 6 with Stuart Gray's budget?

Do you not think plenty of managers would have established us as a top 6 club given the budget and squad he has at his disposal?

As for crying about a 'disloyal player' get real!

that is every player and rightly so. Just like we are in our jobs.

If you thought colleagues were getting paid twice as much as you when you were more valuable then you would be miffed. Added to that, a company rival has a word in your ear and says they'll double your wages but if you get injured doing your job next day the deal is off - I think there is a good chance you'd consider a sickie.

I wouldn't, there would be no consideration at all. I'd be straight on the phone with a bad case of man flu.

11 minutes ago, ramone said:

Tell me what games we have significantly improved in because him coming off the bench

I don't know.

look at the stats and tell me.

my point was, the stat quoted was 'without FF' and 'with FF' - when that wasn't based at all on when he was on the pitch and when he wasn't.

If the stats show we are better without him then so be it. But the stats have to be a fair representation.

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He hasn't.

Do you not think plenty of managers would have established us as a top 6 club given the budget and squad he has at his disposal?

If you thought colleagues were getting paid twice as much as you when you were more valuable then you would be miffed. Added to that, a company rival has a word in your ear and says they'll double your wages but if you get injured doing your job next day the deal is off - I think there is a good chance you'd consider a sickie.

I wouldn't, there would be no consideration at all. I'd be straight on the phone with a bad case of man flu.

Too right I'd be off.

Fine, let him go. Don't crawl back like a little snake, take snidey photos and post them on social media and apologise to people only to then act in the same way a few month later.

You might deem this as acceptable behaviour. I don't, not in the slightest

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He hasn't.

Also, at one of these fans forum is Ben really intrigued if we could ask Mr Chansiri what his tactics are, how he got on with his coaching badges, how he deals with taking training on a day to day basis... 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Too right I'd be off.

Fine, let him go. Don't crawl back like a little snake, take snidey photos and post them on social media and apologise to people only to then act in the same way a few month later.

You might deem this as acceptable behaviour. I don't, not in the slightest

When did he act in the same manner?

ive missed that.

Fessi is always going to be remembered well because in that first season (playing as a forward winger in 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, like he did at Watford) he was amazing, a sign of the type of footballers and type of football we could start playing now we have money.

Then came the next season, he wanted to go in August and he started to lose his way (without Lopez and the Kieran Lee injury we started moving towards 4-4-2). I know the stats show he contributed, but he didn't perform like he did In the first season.

In August 2016 we could have got £12 Million for him (apparently) I would have took this and re-invested.

So comes this season (definitely playing 4-4-2 because we have 8 strikers) he looks lost, complaining about tracking back and being made a scapegoat a little bit.

I don't agree with playing 4-4-2, we look flat, the system from CCs first season I believe was best and fitted FF Best. but instead of signing loan strikers to complement him we've signed players who like playing with someone else up top (Rhodes, Winnall, Fletcher).

So then Fessi decides (apparently) he must play upfront, well I think if this was part of a front 3 and he was on the left of this he may accept that as apposed to being the left of a 4-4-2.

But whilst we are playing different variations of 4-4-2 he will never quite fit, so I could see why Carlos would let him go.

I think this scenario has come about due to changing tactics, poor decisions by Carlos and FF with the media the mass signing of strikers.

I think Carlos will try to offload to get some money in, I would keep him and change tactics to 4-3-3, I would sell Rhodes to get some money in and re-invest that on a centre half and a holding midfielder for my 4-3-3.

But he needs to track back like he did in his first season.