Ross Wallace

2 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Ross Wallace is the BEST footballer at this club, by a f**kin mile!

Bloody hell, no wonder we haven't got promoted then

Steady player, bit 1 dimensional imo ( cut inside, floaty cross, repeat )  but hes reliable and works hard, can't fault him for that

Nowhere near the best footballer we've got though 

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Offered us absolutely NOTHING last night, yet somehow stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Wasteful in possession when he had, can't seem to take a man on and just looked, in general, disinterested.

Boyd must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.

Totally agree and his chance will come.

Wallace is a very in and out player.

Sometimes you have to search the field to see if he's playing!

With Abdi Injured ....again and FF with the lip on I could see RW playing at the tip of the diamond with Lee / Boyd on the right . 

Get a top class right back in and we would not be far off depending on how this Fred performs .

38 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

carlos said that Boyd doesn't fit in with a diamond formation but will play when we go to 4-4-2

expect him to start Saturday as we will get destroyed playing an attacking diamond away at Fulham 

I'd have thought Boyd would be more suited to a diamond than Wallace, given Boyd has spent chunks of his career centrally, as where Wallace has pretty much been an out and out wide man...?

45 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Wallace should be a squad option not one of Carlos teachers pets. He has not pace or strength . Hindered the play in the second half .

Probably our most consistent performer under Carlos, can see why he likes him so much

Edited by ramone

3 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Late on we had a break on the right.....great opportunity ruined when the dynamic duo Palmer & Wallace made a total hash of it......their inability to play a one-two to create an opening was pitiful to watch......

Fuuuuuck knows what Palmer was doing there.

Bloody awful.

Felt sorry for both Boyd and Hunt yesterday. Hunt having to do two men's running despite carrying a knock and Boyd watching his position kick the ball away over and over and over. 

Wallace is a great player and probably tucks in centrally a bit better than I remember Boyd doing over the years. Everyone can have an off game, but you'd like to think when they do we replace them, especially when you have a premiership quality player sat on the bench. 

Through his career is been out and out good professional... last night coming to the end of the game is legs was kind of buckling little bit

but what do you expect he is 33 not 23

But I'm not going to use 33 is an excuse I still put it down to physical fitness of our preseason we are like playing catch-up on fitness it goes back to the topic is Portugal the right way to go for preseason for me the  answer is no