OFFICIAL Sheffield Wednesday V Sunderland Match Day Thread

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Battle of the sexy surprised Owls vs the creepy surprised Cats

Related imageImage result for funny sunderland badge

Today's opponents

Sunderland, who have the misfortune to play in red and white stripes, affectionately refer to each other as 'marra'. Although, to the outsider of which there are many, this appears to be merely a colloquial term it is in fact a hark back to Sunderland's smoke filled heavy industrial days when the area, which hadn't yet bid for City of Culture status, was renowned the world over for the impressive size and girth of its prize marrows. It's major rivals throughout history were the smog monsters of Middlesbrough and the Fog on the tynes of Newcastle. Archaeology shows that all three were regularly involved in violent feuds across the north east that would could only be settled by a prize growing marrow competition. History remembers one particularly baron year when all three areas were relegated to the amateur gardeners division which was eventually won by Hartlepool United who stole the show with a measly 4.45 inch marrow beating the nearest competition by an inch and a finger. Nowadays Sunderland regularly disappoints with the size of its prize marrows but the club is determined to stick to its industrial roots and organically grow the club back up to compete at the top level of competition. The surprised cat mascot is symbolic of the response that the locals have to the underwhelming size of its marrows. 

Image result for marrow

Matchday food. North stand, nothing. Everywhere else marrow pie. 

Matchday drink. High percentage lager beer. 

Matchday attire. Best clobber, no lime pickle everlast jackets. 

Matchfacts

• Sheffield Wednesday have only recorded one victory against Sunderland at Hillsborough in their last six league contests (D1 L4), conceding 12 goals at a rate of two per game.

• The creepy surprised Black Cats have only lost one of their last 12 league encounters with the Owls (W8 D3), winning each of the last four.

• Simon Grayson, who had a loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday in 2000 and has since lost all his scalp hair has lost three of his four managerial visits to Hillsborough - including losing the last two - with the exception a 3-1 win as Huddersfield boss in September 2012.

• Fernando Forestieri, who regularly adopts the southpaw stance, has been involved in 38 goals for Sheffield Wednesday in all competitions since the start of 2015-16 (27 goals, 11 assists); 10 more than any other Owls player in this period.

• Lewis Grabban, who's beard is made from Simon Grayson's abandoned hair scored his first brace in league football since February 2015 against his former employers Norwich City in Sunderland's victory on Sunday.

Lets do this COME ON BABY ENOUGH WITH THOSE NEGATIVE WAVES!

Image result for oddball NEGATIVE WAVES

Image result for oddball GIF

Woof Woof

Well, well, well. An OMDT double header. Congrats to TE & LS for the paragraphs of nonsense. Have to tip my hat in favour of Snooty though, simply for the trouser trouble the pic of Daisy Duke caused. Blimey.

Anyway. Any win tonight please. Don't care if it's a 90th minute pen after the most turgid, bizarre & inept performance ever.

Dare I say that our injuries will force CC to change the normal, regular safe team, so things might improve?!

UTO.

Time to restore the natural order, with 'the gap'.

:manager:

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I also want to suggest some new matchday crumpet.

There is a logic to this so bear with me.

The Wednesdays climb back from the depths to the top table and consolidation 1979-85 coincided with the airing of the Dukes of Hazzard.

Now I'm not suggesting for a minute that Daisys Dukes appearance on our screens on a Saturday evening helped recharge the mental batteries of our players and fans but..

Actually , that is exactly what I'm suggesting. 

All hail the return of Daisy Duke.

Owlstalk OMDT mascot and  saviour of Wednesday's 2017-2018  season. 

Catherine-Bach-fabulous-female-celebs-of-the-past-10935752-640-480.jpg

SCREENSHOT THIS  seems to be the latest phrase