Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

Guest Kameron

Spending tomorrow's money today is very alarming, it's like going to wonga, it can never end well.   The worst thing is the money will go towards paying players who aren't going to kick a ball.  The cause of this is down to DC and his shambolic recruitment not fans paying the highest ticket prices in our history and the most expensive in the league.  I sincerely hope he's asked what the fo ok is going on at tonight's forum, 

51 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think he is saying when spending this amount of money think with your head and not your heart.

Sound advice to me.

Yep precisely

48 minutes ago, steelowl said:

smacks of cash flow problem imo, I'd be surprised if the amount likely to be raised is going to be enough to help  as much as trimming the unused section of the squad

Don't know mate if it was cash flow then there would be options finance wise albeit us fans are the cheapest source. A plaque sure beats the rates at The Moneyshop. 

Saying that I hope it is about FFP and not cash flow or we could be ambulance  chased by the redundant PPI lawyers 

45 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Im sure adults are capable of making their own.decisions without owlstalk members 

It would make a crap forum if we all kept our thoughts to ourselves

Basically FFP means CC can't spend the money he wants to without us bringing in more revenue.

I understand his request and it is tempting in a way, I am just worried about where the money goes if we don't get promoted for the considerable future.

I can justify a 3 year ST at £1,800 but I can't justify that and then having to buy a Championship ST on top next season at £550 because we missed out again.

I agree with previous posters regarding improving the megastore and catering on matchdays as a priority before asking fans for what is effectively a loan (that might never be paid back, god forbid).

3 hours ago, steelowl said:

smacks of cash flow problem imo, I'd be surprised if the amount likely to be raised is going to be enough to help  as much as trimming the unused section of the squad

There we go again. 

You have no idea if there are "cash problems" but you and quite a few others are suddenly experts in football finance. 

Dont you think if we had cash flow problems that we'd have at least tried to offload a few players in the summer, or not signed Boyd or not bid for Sean Morrison? 

But hey keep posting unsubstantiated crap and scaremongering. 

"Mr C we've got cash flow problems. We will need to sell some players and get a few big earners off the wage bill."

"Nah. Let's try and raise some money by flogging plaques on seats, oh and while you're at it put a bid in for Morrison at Cardiff."

"Yes Sir!!!!"

mkowl and rickygoo are talking sense.

This is a ridiculous scheme.

Legally you are buying a plaque and that's all. If the club is sold to another before you get your season ticket, don't expect any new owner to honour this madness.

Do you trust DC? A fella with SWFC in his blood now! Who makes us loose our identity by replacing our badge and Kit to something he likes without consultation.

This is a 2nd generation businessman already used to wealth. If the right offer comes in he'll consider it and probably be off.

Club needs to sort it revenue streams properly. Strip, Shop, Food and Drink, Boxes, etc, etc, before trying to grab more off average  loyal fans who already pay too much to watch dull footy.

Just selling a proper striped Kit and a decent away Kit would bring in £1.5m alone inside six months. Come on.

This will all end in tears.

11 minutes ago, Steevo said:

mkowl and rickygoo are talking sense.

This is a ridiculous scheme.

Legally you are buying a plaque and that's all. If the club is sold to another before you get your season ticket, don't expect any new owner to honour this madness.

Do you trust DC? A fella with SWFC in his blood now! Who makes us loose our identity by replacing our badge and Kit to something he likes without consultation.

This is a 2nd generation businessman already used to wealth. If the right offer comes in he'll consider it and probably be off.

Club needs to sort it revenue streams properly. Strip, Shop, Food and Drink, Boxes, etc, etc, before trying to grab more off average  loyal fans who already pay too much to watch dull footy.

Just selling a proper striped Kit and a decent away Kit would bring in £1.5m alone inside six months. Come on.

This will all end in tears.

To be fair I haven't said much about it other than it has echoes of Risdale's scheme and I cant see it raising much. Risdale's plan was dreamt up out of looming financial calamity - who knows why Chansiri has proposed this. 

I can see no benefit in it for me and it's certainly not something I would consider at all. 'er indoors laughed at me when I asked her for permission to "invest". There may be more to it and that might emerge at tonight's meeting but he's not twisting our arms unlike ticket prices and kits where you have no option if you want to carry on supporting - you want to watch Wednesday then this is what you'll see and this is what you'll pay. 

I'm definitely out but each to their own.

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

It would make a crap forum if we all kept our thoughts to ourselves

It'd be an even better forum if people didn't continuously repeat their opinions 

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

It'd be an even better forum if people didn't continuously repeat their opinions 

Or suck up to the owner at every opportunity

I can't believe people saying "even if 1000 people buy one", "even if 500 people buy one" £1500! For a plaque!! The season ticket cost is going to be similar to what you'd pay in the event of promotion anyway so what's the incentive? And everyone saying that only really rich folk will buy one. Have they ever met a rich person? They're not usually stupid with their money you know. That's kind of why they're rich in the first place. This so called scheme is only relevant in the light it casts on those who thought it up and the view they hold of us, the supporters.