Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

3 hours ago, kobayashi said:

The 3 year season ticket was odd for a supposedly cash rich owner but this is pretty desperate stuff...bordering on shameful.

What next? The SWFC Pyramid scheme.

It's almost like the supposedly cash rich owner is surprised at the cost of running a football club like his very good friend at Reading:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-takeover-expensive-run-12874831

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, King Phil said:

Seems to me we've got a nice team and a nice manager. We can and will have many nice days winning home games while the boss evolves and refreshes the team at a natural rate. Eventually, they might click and win the division. Could be this year, could be 5 years from now. I don't see the rush. Some do though, including the owner who probably wasn't planning be funding the club in years 3,4,5...He urgently wants to get in the premier league to turn that tap off and get his hands on all that lovely lolly. Who knows, maybe he plans to sell us for a few hundred million as  an EPL club. He's in a rush but I'm not. We have a nice team. I'm quite happy. Apart from the kit and badge of course. 

Not sure if youre kidding

But this pretty much sums me up

1 hour ago, King Phil said:

Seems to me we've got a nice team and a nice manager. We can and will have many nice days winning home games while the boss evolves and refreshes the team at a natural rate. Eventually, they might click and win the division. Could be this year, could be 5 years from now. I don't see the rush. Some do though, including the owner who probably wasn't planning be funding the club in years 3,4,5...He urgently wants to get in the premier league to turn that tap off and get his hands on all that lovely lolly. Who knows, maybe he plans to sell us for a few hundred million as  an EPL club. He's in a rush but I'm not. We have a nice team. I'm quite happy. Apart from the kit and badge of course. 

To be fair every club owner wants that premier league money now, even the teams with parachute payments are gambling, We are no different. I'm not daft we do well Mr Chansiri does well, but  I'm pretty sure Mr Chansiri would fund the lot if he was aloud to, I genuinely think he is a fan. I do agree we have a fantastic side at the moment with a few tweaks ( we all know what we need ) we will all get what we want sooner rather than later.   UTO 

25 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Not sure if youre kidding

But this pretty much sums me up

Does me as well + I don't mind the kit or the badge!

Ive watched too much sh ite since '67 to get too upset at the current state of play. 

Edited by BIG D

Can't see many being sold mainly because it's not a great deal but I understand the need to improve income to keep within FFP

so couldn't we offer seats for life at say ten grand a throw that can be passed on to your kids or even just sell 3 or 5 year STs every year 

How many times can you sell 3 year season tickets? Cant see many people who didnt get one 18 months ago getting one now.

I did take a deep breath and got a 3 year season ticket and thought thats it nothing to pay for a while now so will groan if asked to dig deep again so soon. Think some might feel the same way.

39 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am in no rush either.

Given the choice I would take promotion but dont ache to see us there.

Many things I dislike about modern football will all get worse if we are in the Premier League.

Totally agree mate . The modern game at the top level has been poisoned by greed 

17 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

How many times can you sell 3 year season tickets? Cant see many people who didnt get one 18 months ago getting one now.

I did take a deep breath and got a 3 year season ticket and thought thats it nothing to pay for a while now so will groan if asked to dig deep again so soon. Think some might feel the same way.

Was thinking of people who don't have a three year one who may have wanted to get one this year can't see the harm in the option being available every year 

4 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

This new membership is literally awful, I mean who really thought this up? Some bloke after 2 pints of Carling in Wasley Bridge WMC?

I was reading someone's post on here about a season ticket for life. Now that is a good idea, if we need to get some money in the club. Lots of genuine fans out there buying every season, regardless of any situation or price and if you tell them it's £x for a ticket for life & it shows significant savings, I think people would buy it.

instead this scheme is pretty embarrassing. It really does make us live up to the "rip off" club tag we've got. 

Get rid of this stupid scheme!

The problem is that a one off sum for a season ticket for life would not be classified as 100% income in year of receipt. 

What this plan is all about is converting what is essentially a loan from the fans into income by the insertion of the plaque part of the deal. Credit to the financial accountants for coming up with this workaround.

However my issue like others on here is that there is quite a lot that could be done to redress the FFP imbalance without hawking future revenues. So this accountant would be advising on cost saving for starters, then looking at commercial revenue maximization as first fixes if part of a long term plan. 

This smacks of short terminism but hey that's football for you. 

4 hours ago, qantas said:

Except no one is forcing you to do it, it's a personal choice & might suit some people, how's that a rip off?

It is a personal choice the only thing I would suggest is taking off the blue and white goggles before committing any funds. Would you put your money into this if it wasn't Sheffield Wednesday asking for it ?

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It is a personal choice the only thing I would suggest is taking off the blue and white goggles before committing any funds. Would you put your money into this if it wasn't Sheffield Wednesday asking for it ?

Your making out the fans that are intrested are stupid if it's not for you why bother posting