Rhodes to Wolves???

As many have said we should be building how we play around Rhodes.

Or there is an argument to let him go and reinvest the money in bringing more balance to the squad.

Seeing as though Carlos has been incapable of doing the former, why would we get rid of the most prolific striker in the league and hope that he would somehow achieve the latter?

Starting to think things have gone full on barmy at S6.

4 hours ago, balderzowl said:

Isn't there a FIFA rule regarding how many clubs a player can be registered to in any particular transfer window? Complete non-starter on that basis alone......

Yes.

It would have to be on a loan until the January window with the option to buy then I believe.

We're massively overweight with strikers, having too many options is causing confusion. 

We need four plus Hirst so 2 ought to be able to depart meaning we should be able to bring in a defender and an attacking midfielder. 

If there was any truth in this (and it's very much in doubt, given the source) then I would do the deal in an instant. We are on the precipice when it comes to defensive resources and apparently have no significant funds to address that at the moment due to the FFP restrictions. This would solve that at a stroke and would clearly not weaken us in Rhodes' position given that we could almost field a full eleven of nothing but strikers. 

Forget the personalities and all that nonsense. The number one rule for approving any transfer is whether the net effect likely makes the squad better. In this instance, I think it would. 

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If there was any truth in this (and it's very much in doubt, given the source) then I would do the deal in an instant. We are on the precipice when it comes to defensive resources and apparently have no significant funds to address that at the moment due to the FFP restrictions. This would solve that at a stroke and would clearly not weaken us in Rhodes' position given that we could almost field a full eleven of nothing but strikers. 

Forget the personalities and all that nonsense. The number one rule for approving any transfer is whether the net effect likely makes the squad better. In this instance, I think it would. 

Holy feck.  Where have you been?  Not seen you post for ages?!

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Of course it would and it would be a no brainier. He is not suited to our play and we have a number of other striking options. I would prefer us to get a top quality ball playing centre half in. Lees and Loovens are both very good but they are both poor with the ball. We need to sort it - it is causing us problems building attacks from the back.

Rhodes should go.

He's no chance here whilst CC is in charge - he's absolutely murdering him.

It's always been a distant dream that we could sign a striker the calibre of Rhodes, and then when we do, we get it SO WRONG.

It's bloody embarrassing.

50 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Rhodes should go.

He's no chance here whilst CC is in charge - he's absolutely murdering him.

It's always been a distant dream that we could sign a striker the calibre of Rhodes, and then when we do, we get it SO WRONG.

It's bloody embarrassing.

All he needs is abit of good consistent service and a player like Rhodes will get them goals we all know he can score.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

This makes the assumption that Carlos can spend the money wisely, that's a big if based on his record.