Rhodes to Wolves???

32 minutes ago, Redcoat said:

He'll bang in the goals when CC is inevitably sacked. Why sell what we know historically does deliver if given the right service?

Correct.

He will score plenty again if another club take him.

Or he will score plenty if Carlos goes.

He will only score plenty for Carlos if he changes his defensive approach. 

If we are going to keep Carlos and his ultra negative brand of football then we might as well let Rhodes go now.

Jordan Rhodes will score goals for fun at most teams in this division but he certainly won't score goals under Carlos Carvalhal.

Edited by TrickyTrev

23 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Would be a bizarre transfer. Can't see it happening myself - not sure I'd want it to either. Rhodes is not the problem; service is. 

TBH I can see anything happening. We are a mess. Seven strikers, and Carlos hasn't got a clue which two to play. We will go through pairing after pairing in the first month or two of this season.

39 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Would be great if this could happen.  Nothing against Jordan Rhodes - very likeable lad, brilliant record in the Championship but he doesn't suit our brand of football.  We are ruining him as a footballer at the moment. 

Or just sack the cr@p manager and change tactics ? I don't want rid of Rhodes. Under a half decent manager he'd score for fun 

19 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

It's from HITC and it also says in the title 'among options for wolves' that's all so it's a non starter this one ! How's about we actually create chances for Rhodes and play to his strengths ? 

Exactly. If Rhodes got any service he would score.  Hoofing it just leaves him isolated and frustrated. 

Guest We Shall Overcome
42 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Would be great if this could happen.  Nothing against Jordan Rhodes - very likeable lad, brilliant record in the Championship but he doesn't suit our brand of football.  We are ruining him as a footballer at the moment. 

What brand is that? Oh Yes! Carvalhal's kick it anywhere bobbar.

Wouldnt suprise me one jot if he went.  Been a disaster so far as CC hasn't the foggiest how to use him

Appoint a manager in who can get this team playing to its potential and Rhodes will start to repay his fee.

Hopefully we can hang on to him for the above to happen.

51 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

That's why the " brand " needs to change .

23 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Or just sack the cr@p manager and change tactics ? I don't want rid of Rhodes. Under a half decent manager he'd score for fun 

Well, I am for sacking Carlos but I would have got rid of him before the end of last season. However, I think to get the best out of Rhodes he needs to play with a big target man, like Gestede and play with direct wingers who get crosses in and we have neither.

It was a bizarre signing. I would rather us play with a 3 man centre midfield which will suit our current central midfielders. 4-4-2 is not working and I don't think anyone can deny this.

People rate Rhodes to highly.  Watch any of his previous goals from when he was truly a prolific striker, and you will see that Rhodes doesn't feed off of quality passes from CM's. He feeds off of scraps. In the first season under Carlos he wouldn't have been able to manage the quick link up play that created so many of our goals.

59 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Would be a bizarre transfer. Can't see it happening myself - not sure I'd want it to either. Rhodes is not the problem; service is. 

Rhodes is a huge problem, he's been garbage since we signed him but because of the fee he feels he has to play him 

If we're looking to raise funds for a CB, then selling our highest value striker makes sense

Rhodes, Hooper & Winnall ... Can afford to lose one of those

We've been linked with Max Power ... If we sell Abdi and sign Power for less, it makes sense

Selling Fernando, to offset the price of Reach (in FunFP terms), maybe another unfortunate option

These are the option Carlos might be looking at

1 hour ago, Redcoat said:

He'll bang in the goals when CC is inevitably sacked. Why sell what we know historically does deliver if given the right service?

Spot on. He is the best striker the championship has seen in the last decade with the goals to prove it. Its not Rhodes fault he dosnt get any service and we dont play to his strengths.